what hotbird do I need to point the dish?

chris0147

Registered
Hi all,

I need your help. I want to know in what hotbird do I need to point my dish to the sky so I can get full european channels?

I want to get full european channels for portugal, france, germany, italy, spain, hungrian, romania, croatia, serbia...etc. I want to get the full european channels so I can choose what channels I want to watch for the premier league. I'm planning to get 80cm which it should be enough to get full european channels, but if I dont have planning permission from the landlord to put the dish on the wall I would get 90cm dish to put it in the back garden beside my shed so no one would see it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

ahaladjian

Registered
First of all it all depends of your location
, so u can check your sat footprint
For portugal channels your sat dish must be turned into 30w
For italy poland you can use Hotbird
For france germany and spain you’re sat dish should be fixed on Astra 19,2e
And for rest europian channels you should use 16e,9e,39e,31,5e0,8w and 4w
Hope all these details will help you

Thanks
Anthony
Ps be aware that most of them are encrypted, some of them you can watch through card sharing or watch through iptv but you need to pay a subscription.

Last edited:

chris0147

Registered
First of all it all depends of your location
, so u can check your sat footprint
For portugal channels your sat dish must be turned into 30w
For italy poland you can use Hotbird
For france germany and spain you’re sat dish should be fixed on Astra 19,2e
And for rest europian channels you should use 16e,9e,39e,31,5e0,8w and 4w
Hope all these details will help you

Thanks
Anthony

Thanks for your quick reply.

I am from dover in kent. So in what hotbird that I can use to get the most european channels?

I want to get most full european channels without I have to keep moving the dish to different hotbird.

If I use 16e,9e,39e,31e,5e, 8w, would they be able to pick up france, germany, italy, poland and spain channels from Astra 2?

Last edited:

ahaladjian

Registered
On Hotbird you can watch only polish package italian etc
On astra 19,2 you can watch Germany france and spain.
What I would suggest you with one sat dish 1m offset you can put 2 lnbs next to each other 13e 19,2e and watch all these countries. But for rest europian countries you have to install couple of other sat dishes or the best solution for you is diseq rotor.

You will also need diseq switch 4 outputs and this is fixed
Astra 28,2
Hotbird
Astra 19,2
16e
Logicly with 2 sat dish will do your job

If you’re not going to use diseq motor

Last edited:

chris0147

Registered
What I would suggest you with one sat dish 1m offset you can put 2 lnbs next to each other 13e 19,2e and watch all these countries. But for rest europian countries you have to install couple of other sat dishes or the best solution for you is diseq rotor.

Astra 28,2
Hotbird
Astra 19,2
16e

I am not allowed to have dish 1m as I can only have 80cm. But I could have 90cm to put it in the back garden. If I have the permission to install 80cm dish on the wall and if I get diseq switch 4 outputs, will the 80cm dish works to pick up the other countries channels?

And if I get the diseq switch with 4 outputs, will it works to change the hotbird?

I could get diseq motor but I need to see what it is first and how it works before I could make a decision whether to get it or not.

ahaladjian

Registered
Ofcourse if you install 80cm dish with 3 lnbs next to each other and conect into diseq switch it will work

gap30

Donating Member
Get a tordial t90

Code:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wavefrontier-T90-Toroidal-Brackets-Individually-Generation/dp/B003RC40FO"]https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wavefrontier-T90-Toroidal-Brackets-Individually-Generation/dp/B003RC40FO

chris0147

Registered

Astra 28,2
Hotbird
Astra 19,2
16e

Ofcourse if you install 80cm dish with 3 lnbs next to each other and conect into diseq switch it will work

Great!

Do you know where I can get 3 lnbs?

chris0147

Registered
Thanks, do you know where I can get a lnb holder that can hold 5 lnb for 80cm dish?

I try to find it but you can only get is 4 lnb on a multi lnb holder.

percivjr

Registered
You mentioned that you wanted to receive 13E, 16E and 19.2E (among others).

When you buy your LNBs, make sure you get narrow ones. Even then you may not be able to get them close enough together on the bar as the satellites are only 3 degrees apart. I had to file away some of the plastic housing when I used multiple LNBs.

I agree that with multiple LNBs you can switch quickly between satellites. But in the end I bought a motor!

Alternatively you may want to Google for Wavefrontier T90. It supports up to 5 LNBs. Part of the specification reads "LNB distance approx. 3.0 ° depending on LNB type".

Last edited:

chris0147

Registered
​Thanks for the help guys, I have decided to get a motor.

Do you know how big the mount I need to get to put on a wall and that would fit a 80cm dish?

Is 40cm bracket good enough to fit for a 80cm dish??

And do you know where I can get one from that have weather restrictions??