• Discussion in the Admin room about nightly images, we dont really need or want these posting for the following reasons.

1. We all know where to get them.
    2. Never have a change log.
    3. The changes if any are not worthy of anyone upgrading there boxes on a daily basis.
    4. They clutter the forum up.

Posts will be removed.

Ferret

Alternative Firmware on Videocon d2h HD 2222

SatNinja

Registered
I have a Videocon d2h HD 2222 STB, I want to replace the firmware with Enigma2 or other open-source alternatives. Any help is much appreciated.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
This box is used for Dish TV India Ltd ?
you can forget about replace the firmware with Enigma2
Videocon d2h HD 2222 it is non linux closed source box
at least its its not expensive box luckily just about 1350 rupees from what i read or about €17 : )

The process TO UPDATE Firmware i found this guide ..

Step to update software / firmware of Videocon d2h HD 6666 RF Set Top Box:

Step 1:
Switch on TV and Set Top Box.

Step 2:
Remove the Set Top Box power cable.

Step 3:
Press reset button of Set Top Box and insert the power cable in Set Top Box. Keep pressing reset button for 3 seconds after inserting power cable. The reset button (highlighted with red square in below image) is present at back of Set Top Box near power cable.

Step 4:
If there is a software / firmware update available then DVB SSU+S LOADER will start downloading the software / firmware update.

Step 5:

The TV screen will display the software / firmware download progress. Do not switch / power off Set Top Box or TV till the download process gets complete.

Step 6:
Upon completion of the software / firmware download, the Set Top Box will restart and display Videocon D2H logo for some time. This means that software / firmware update is in progress.

Step 7:
Upon completion of software / firmware update, Set Top Box will resume working in normal way

Step 8:
To verify the software / firmware update, go to Menu and open System Diagnostic. This will display all the system related details including software / firmware version.

deltaT

Registered
It simply doesn't work because you cant install your own firmware (that you would have to develop first! driver porting etc etc) on a provider box
Apart from that: enigma2 today has such a huge ressource consumption that this 12 year old CPU design 7111 (singlecore 450mhz) would be slow as hell.

Nowadays you can buy zgemma boxes for 50 USD which has 3x the performance of this crap and everything is ready.

Last edited: