ET 5000 red-green light?

santosanto

Registered
When switching ON the receiver ET5000 (all new)I get only a red-green light on the front display panel.it does never boot or start after hours.it has open Pli image in it.
Any solution welcome.cheers

altobelli

Registered
You must put on a new bootloader and then put a new image(open pli et 5x00) in the et 5000, you must use an usb stick.
You must switch off the receiver, the usb stick with the new bootloader at the front side the receiver turn on and the bootloader is in the box, then switch the box off, the new image(et5x00) on the usb stick, the stick at the frontside of the box, then switch the box on and hold a few seconds the button above the ok button and then the image are loading into the box.
When you are ready the image are starting and you can install.the image.

Succes!!!!

Altobelli

Muggesand

Registered
Have the same problem but on a et4000, just red and green. Doesn't respond on the front-usb port. Seems like it could be flashad by the usb on the back. But when reboot, just red and green.

brianmullen8

Registered
I have the same issue on et-5000.

I have tried the latest bootloader and it flashes ok. but when I try flash an image it gets a problem.

I connected it up to serial and I think it has a problem erasing the flash

flash image? (OK/CANCEL)
flashing...
Reading usbdisk0:et5x00/kernel.bin: Done. 4134147 bytes read
Programming...
offset=0 copysize=4134147
done. 4134147 bytes written
flashing...
Reading usbdisk0:et5x00/rootfs.bin: Done. 67371008 bytes read
offset: 00000000 size: 07A00000
Force erasing...
Erasing flash...Erase address 0x6fa0000 failed, bad block?
Programming...
offset=0 copysize=67371008
done. 67371008 bytes written
flashing completed!
booting...

any ideas

Txz.pt

Registered
I had the same problem. I have not sent the box to germany. by the information it was a security board problem. They have sent me a new security board, i think was 21 euros, the box was over 2 year warranty. I have installed myself. Very easy to install. Mr Hwang as very helpful.