Spanish Abertis DTT Sat @ Hispasat 30W - Chat & How to guides

Stevenvc19

Donating Member
Sorry, I still don’t see where the novelty is. That these channels broadcast in tests and that they are scheduled to do so regularly is more than hyped since I do not know how long, so much that by the time they do, apparently 14-2, it is possible that no one is interested. As long as the content remains the same, you can already broadcast in 8k if you like. On the other hand, I believe that interest in Spanish terrestrial emissions is not precisely the subject of this thread.
abertis DTT over the Hispasat satellite is more than just a platform to reach audiences who can’t catch DTT over the terrestrial network. It is not like for example Fransat in France.
abertis TDT-SAT is the live feed for ALL the terrestrial transmitters in Spain. Yes, with a compatible box (the TELEVES BOX) you can watch those channels as well with your satellite dish BUT it is not the main reason this service exists.
So why all the commotion about Spanish DTT going HD and UHD?
Simple! If the DTT gets an upgrade nationwide as we see now with the HD and UHD upgrade, this means Abertis TDT-SAT has to follow. Without Abertis TDT-SAT there is not DTT in Spain!
The worst thing that could happen is a completely different way could be used to feed the transmitters in Spain. That way TDT-SAT could disappear but it is highly unlikly.
So yes, we could very well see some “candy to be thrown” on the Hispasat satellite.
stay tuned for all the upcoming changes because this really is an important transformation for all of the Spanish TV channels.
about the UHD broadcasts: the fact that they will broadcast from another multiplex other than the test multiplex really is important news!
the test multiplex is only fed to the most important transmitter sites in Spain near large cities. They feed the test multiplex probably via a fibre optic network. Now here comes the big problem: the smaller transmission sites throughout the country don’t have that fibre optic network. They depend on the TDT SAT signal (in fact it’s the other way round. The TDT-SAT signal depends on the satellite feed going to the transmission sites.as explained above)
So. It is nice to know that One (or more, in the future) UHD channel will go to the RGE2 MULTIPLEX. That way it is impossible to NOT transmit via Hispasat.

Oskar3

Registered
abertis DTT over the Hispasat satellite is more than just a platform to reach audiences who can’t catch DTT over the terrestrial network. It is not like for example Fransat in France.
abertis TDT-SAT is the live feed for ALL the terrestrial transmitters in Spain. Yes, with a compatible box (the TELEVES BOX) you can watch those channels as well with your satellite dish BUT it is not the main reason this service exists.
So why all the commotion about Spanish DTT going HD and UHD?
Simple! If the DTT gets an upgrade nationwide as we see now with the HD and UHD upgrade, this means Abertis TDT-SAT has to follow. Without Abertis TDT-SAT there is not DTT in Spain!
The worst thing that could happen is a completely different way could be used to feed the transmitters in Spain. That way TDT-SAT could disappear but it is highly unlikly.
So yes, we could very well see some “candy to be thrown” on the Hispasat satellite.
stay tuned for all the upcoming changes because this really is an important transformation for all of the Spanish TV channels.
about the UHD broadcasts: the fact that they will broadcast from another multiplex other than the test multiplex really is important news!
the test multiplex is only fed to the most important transmitter sites in Spain near large cities. They feed the test multiplex probably via a fibre optic network. Now here comes the big problem: the smaller transmission sites throughout the country don’t have that fibre optic network. They depend on the TDT SAT signal (in fact it’s the other way round. The TDT-SAT signal depends on the satellite feed going to the transmission sites.as explained above)
So. It is nice to know that One (or more, in the future) UHD channel will go to the RGE2 MULTIPLEX. That way it is impossible to NOT transmit via Hispasat.
Well, TVE UHD has been broadcasting in major cities on DTT since they shut down the satellite transponder after the World Cup. And if I remember correctly, even then those channels were not operated by Abertis. Your opinion is very respectable but it’s just that, an opinion. Terrestrial television existed before Hispasat and before fiber. So I keep saying I don’t know why you are so scared to launch rockets due to some major changes that are about to come when it comes to some UHD channels nationally and especially the disuse of other channels in SD. By the way, not all DTT channels travel by satellite for terrestrial distribution.

Anyway, if the case is issued by hispasat we will find out. We will not lose much if they do not

Jose67

Registered
🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖

Current DTT SD TV channels switching to HD will stay on same frequency and SID etc.

We shall find out in a weeks time when canal Extremadura SD switches off ?

🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖

pipino

Registered
🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖

Current DTT SD TV channels switching to HD will stay on same frequency and SID etc.

We shall find out in a weeks time when canal Extremadura SD switches off ?

🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖
if you remember well a few months ago DMAX did a brief switch to Mpeg4 calling the channel DMAX HD then went back again to Mpeg2, many users didn't even notice the swap only if you had an old SD stb or tv set had just the sound, i think they will operate exactly the same way for the rest

Jose67

Registered
if you remember well a few months ago DMAX did a brief switch to Mpeg4 calling the channel DMAX HD then went back again to Mpeg2, many users didn't even notice the swap only if you had an old SD stb or tv set had just the sound, i think they will operate exactly the same way for the rest

Will Enigma 2 settings have to be updated in that case ?

🤖 ( Probably for Clan tve ) 🤖

Jose67

Registered
Currently,
TV3HD has been renamed TV3.

VPID has been replaced with that of the deleted SD channel.

Original TV3HD: SID: 813 VPID: 211

New........ TV3......: SID: 813 VPID: 111

Looks like a mistake to me.

Maybe they will revert back to VPID of 211
instead of changing it.
It would avoid having to reinstall the channel,
I thought that was the plan. ?

Last edited:

dvlajkovic

Use Enrique's app from this post > link
It is in archives named T2MI_decap-irdeto-Vi058-Binary.rar
Make necessary adjustments (PID, CW...) and then it works flawlessly with PC DVB-SAT cards under Windows for Abertis.
It doesn't matter that it has "irdeto" in the name, it 100% opens Abertis as well.

Jose67

Registered
Currently,
TV3HD has been renamed TV3.

VPID has been replaced with that of the deleted SD channel.

Original TV3HD: SID: 813 VPID: 211

New........ TV3......: SID: 813 VPID: 111

Hi EnoSat,

I see the Flysat Abertis DTT updated entries.

Just thought I would let you know,

TV3 Catalunya:
V.PID = 111