DM920 rescue mode waiting for dhcp

MagoG

Registered
Hi, sorry for my poor english

I tried to install a new image on my DM920,(at the moment the decoder run the OPENATV6.3 img). So I put it into Rescue Mode (LAN connected) but the decoder show "rescue mode waiting for dhcp" and do not get any IP address.

I checked, cable, modem/router and all working fine, but in the decoder I was not able to operate with LAN (WIFI is OK), I also try
the command (by telnet) update rescue-v but after the procedure nothing change.

Any suggestion?

thanks in advance for your help

bye
MG

Ratzvan

Feed Hunter
Hi, sorry for my poor english

I tried to install a new image on my DM920,(at the moment the decoder run the OPENATV6.3 img). So I put it into Rescue Mode (LAN connected) but the decoder show "rescue mode waiting for dhcp" and do not get any IP address.

I checked, cable, modem/router and all working fine, but in the decoder I was not able to operate with LAN (WIFI is OK), I also try
the command (by telnet) update rescue-v but after the procedure nothing change.

Any suggestion?

thanks in advance for your help

bye
MG

Please try rebooting your router. Then reboot your dm920 in rescue mode and see if it get an ip.
If it doesn't you can check inside your router and see if you see there your dreambox ip.
Possibly given ip it's just one of the first in dhcp range of your router setting.

MagoG

Registered
Possibly given ip it's just one of the first in dhcp range of your router setting.

You are the man
...now it works fine!!!!!

thanks so much

MG