4K 4:2:2 Receiver available?

klickklack

and PS forget this ARMs from .
this are very slow.
see
ARMv7_vs_ARMv8_Performance_.png

hisakatano

I recently bought two GTCOM BO. and 4:2:2 Biss Feed Test ...
GTCOM BO's GPU is equipped with Mali G31, but its FP32 performance is 20.8, so it can't decode 4:2:2 Feed.
100.5E Asiasat-5 Overon channel has a lot of Freez. and Unable to watch ..
and So I installed the GTshare app in an additional Android box and use to Second Player(Gtshare)
For Android players with FP32 performance of at least 30 among Mali GPUs, Yes 4:2:2 Overon by Not bad ..
If the Mali GPU FPU32 is over 45, you can watch it smoothly.
What I want to say to them is that the next version of GT COMBO should be equipped with a more improved GPU.
A few days ago, I ordered an Android box using RK3566 chip from Ali, and the FPU32 of this product is 54.4.
I will Test and Report IT..
As far as I'm concerned, with the RK3566, I think I can watch most 4:2:2 feeds without any additional players.

PS. My Old 4:2:2 Method - Enigma2 Box + VLC(macOS)
*.GT COMBO - QuadCore Cortex A53 With Mali G31 MP2 GPU (FP32-20.8)
*.RK3566 - QuadCore Cortex A55 With Mali G52 MP2 GPU (FPU32-54.4)
*.RK3588 - Quad core Cortex-A76 + Quad-core Cortex-A55 Total 8 Core With ARM Mali-G610 MP4 (FPU32-610.6)
MP4 - 4Core / MP2 - 2 Core

Last edited:

hisakatano

If they had used the Mali G31 MP4 (4Core) or G31 MP5(5Core) GPU for GT COMBO, GTmedia have become a company that would have built a nearly perfect 4:2:2 independent satellite receiver. However, they were equipped with G31 MP2 (2Core) GPUs to save production costs and they were humiliated. But their GTshare APP is awesome.

hisakatano

RK3566 - QuadCore Cortex A55 With Mali G52 MP2 GPU (FPU32-54.4)
This Box - 4:2:2 Satellite Feed - Not Good - Not Useful
100.5E Overon..VLC&GTShare-Test
The color bar and promo footage is at a natural level, but the actual game footage is not bad, but it is not at a perfectly natural level.
(In particular, the GTshare app is difficult to run normally on Android 11. It's running normally once in five runs.)

Today Buy From Ali - H96MAX V58
RK3588 - Quad core Cortex-A76 + Quad-core Cortex-A55 Total 8 Core With ARM Mali-G610 MP4 (FPU32-610.6)
I will Test and Report IT..

Last edited:

hisakatano

I received a new Android box a few days ago. However, GTshare was unable to test due to severe errors.
The test was to open the M3u file by running the VLC app in the RK3588 box with Enigma2 Setop as a 4:2:2 server. The RK3588 box showed a very flexible screen. Finally, I found the flexible 4:2:2 playback available in the Android box with Intel's I59400 CPU and RX560 specifications.
Test
1. Zgemma H7S Enigma 2 Settop - 4:2:2 Server..
2. H96MAX 8K Ultra HD Android BOX - RK3588 - Quad core Cortex-A76 + Quad-core Cortex-A55 Total 8 Core With ARM Mali-G610 MP4 (FPU32-610.6)
3. H96MAX - Price - 135 USD...
PS . In order to leave both tuners idle, Zgema H7S Enigma 2 boxes were used as a 4:2:2 server with IPTV channel list entered and Empty IPTV channel selected. Multistream repeaters can use streams on one or more channels without having to do this, but they are necessary to use streams on a single stream repeater.
Gtshare has not been tested, but it shows almost the same screen playback as opening the M3U file of the Enigma2 receiver using VLC, so I think there will be no problem with using Gtshare. However, the GT COMBO receiver does not seem to have a way to adjust the satellite tuner to a non-stop state.

If any company uses the RK3588 chip to build an Android-style satellite receiver and optimize many things, it's likely that we'll have the true 4:2:2 receiver we's what we want. Since we have previously configured satellite tuners and reception functions in the ARM-based Android box, development costs are unlikely to be too high.

hisakatano

A few days ago, I bought a small board using RK3588 chip. It is a product from the link below. I am going to install 128G SSD to install and test Android 12 version. And I am going to install Ubunt Linux to test 4:2:2 using VLC for Linux. I'll buy it if I implant a satellite tuner on this small board and configure a satellite app for Android. Of course, you'll need the right price and performance.

Last edited by a moderator:

ivo2001

Registered
I bought second hand DELL 13,5" laptop ... core i7 procesor 1.9 GHz, RAM 16 GB, with HDMI output.
(i'd say even core i5, RAM 8 GB will do same result ...)

I tested on this Tue on CL 4:2:2 feed with about 15 Mbit/s rate ...

1. VLC ... in quick scene it was not best to watch ... good but i'd say 8 out of 10 ... may b some set up of player could help
2. than tried mpc-hc player ... perfect ... 10 out of 10 ... nothing to set ... only colors, brighnest on tv could be set to get same pic
as is on laptop monitor ...

Ivo

ArloG

Registered
Certainly hope this is not off topic.
At one time I was able to use the webif on a pc to stream channels to VLC and then watch them on my big screen through HDMI.
Now it seems like I can only stream those channels from the transponder the receiver is tuned to.
If I select a channel on another tp, VLC will open and show the channel but it will not dispaly. At times VLC locks up.
Using another receiver as a client. Currently running openvix. Same thing. It seems as if I'm only able to tune to channels on the tp that the server receiver is currently on.
If I tune the server receiver to a channel on another tp. The channels on it can be played in webif and VLC and the client receiver.
Osmio4k as the server running openatv 6.4 or vix 6.2
Zgemma H7 running openatv 6.4, vix 6.2, and as of yesterday vix 6.3. It's the client with client mode running (in vix).
One thing also. My diseqc mover is currently defective and out of the coax circuit. So I'm fixed on a single satellite.
If this makes sense would someone have any input to a solution, if any, please?

D

Deleted member 425270

SU 4.2.2 video mediastar 4030 recevier with stream working?

foxx®

VIP
I would like to say: there are no any commercial SAT receivers with 4:2:2 colorsubsamling "support" and it NOT will ever be!
4:2:2 it is not any kind of codec, compression, additional encryption, noo, it is color subsampling and that is something completly diferent,
and used only by TV Stations and professional viideoproductons, becouse of 4:2:2 superior picture quality than 4:2:0.

All commercial providesr, distributers, TV Stations... transmits in 4:2:0 becouse that is standard, and all comercial equipment are also predicted to 4:2:0
so there are NO NEED to any SAT receviers to implement a 4:2:2 support! There are no regular TV channels who broadcasting in 4:2:2 , all of them are 4:2:0,
so there are NO ANY manufacturer "put Support only for 0.000000001% users who want to watch 4:2:2 feeds"! There was one manufacturer, Azbox HD who had support,
but only MPEG 2 4:2:2 not MPEG 4, and that company not exists any more. Coincidence? Maybe yes maybe no!

Second, there are no needs for any PC SAT card to watch 4:2:2, if you have a Enigma 2 receivers or any other box which support stream to PC.
If that's the case, you can scan feed freq, put a valid CW if needed and then stream that feed to PC and open with VLC, or MPC and watch in same quality becouse
it is transport stream, loosless. So, PC SAT Card is only tuner or receiver, and there are no card with or not support 4:2:2
becouse PC makes 4:2:2 "visible" and not the card!!!

digialkan

Registered
Hello, I do not have a computer that I can use with a tv card. I have only macbook air and xiaomi mi box. I think I can convert it from a device and watch it via vlc on my android box.

Is there a satellite receiver with a biss key option where I can watch 4:2:2 feeds? Could you please write your suggestions? How can I watch without problems?

I have no knowledge of these matters. Thanks.