Satlink 6933

bikerdudepost

Registered
I have not been able to fine firmware or info on this meter to get it to work, i see v4.3 in the first line of this post but have been unsuccessful finding others. my unit (believe came with 5.6) but I can not find download links for them. any help is appreciated.

xuny

Registered
pls guys my satellite finder satlink ws-6933 keypads not functioning after boot ...i cant input or operate it to use it. Any help souls be appreciated

xuny

Registered
pls any help....or download link for satlink satellite finder ws-6933 flash file firmware update

xuny

Registered
pls urgent solution and software update for satlink ws-6933 satellite finder

pls any help and effort would be appreciated on where and how to download and flash my satlink ws6933 satellite finder

Adetobi1

Registered
My satlink ws-6933 often fails in booting up, sometimes only the power led comes up. Please how do I correct the problem?

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
Can somebody please make 8.18 available for download.
The file that is in this thread doesn't download when I click on it.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
Very strange. When I tried clicking on that link, nothing happened. I tried several times and always nothing.
I might try another browser. I am using Firefox.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
Now I have the hard job of working out what version firmware is on my meter and then how to program a newer version if I need one.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
If anyone knows how to flash this meter with new firmware, I would be grateful for some help.
I have been following advice found on the web and am not getting anywhere.

I think my issue is the communication settings, possibly as I get a timeout.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
I have just noticed that the firmware version is shown in the settings menu of this device.
Looks like I have the latest version as it is 9.1 and dated August 2020.
So, nothing to update.

timewarp

Registered
1. turn off the device
2. press and hold the return button
3. switch on the device
4. Power led lights up
5. press the return button
6. connect the device to the computer via usb
7. flymcu launch program screenshot 1.jpg
8. mouse on readflash
9. flymcu will ask where to save the file (.bin) screenshot 2.jpg
10. save file - will read the firmware
My Satlink WS-6933 has very old firmware. I'd like to update it.

However, problem is when I hold "return" button and switch power on it just starts normally. It doesn't go to flash mode.

Any ideas?

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
My Satlink WS-6933 has very old firmware. I'd like to update it.

However, problem is when I hold "return" button and switch power on it just starts normally. It doesn't go to flash mode.

Any ideas?
Have you done this if the file is not hex?

In order to load new firmware on the instrument, you need to convert the file BIN b HEX. The BIN file is enough for me.
Thank you.

I will search my drives when I have the time to try and find the file I used to flash my 6933.
My one has v9.1 which I flashed some time ago.