Gibertini 1.25 installation problems

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
I am in the process of installing a Gibertini 1.25 on a Stab H-H 120.

I have set the Stab at 51 which is my latitude, but I am struggling to find what setting the dish elevation should be.

I should know this, or at least used to know but I find my memory letting me down as I get older.

So, how do I find my correct elevation for the dish?

Dave5118

Feed Hunter

I have set the Stab at 51 which is my latitude, but I am struggling to find what setting the dish elevation should be.

I should know this, or at least used to know but I find my memory letting me down as I get older.

Gibertini has a handy 'calculator' in it's support section of it website, which helped me set up my 1.5 gibby, may be ok for you too.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
Can you please PM me the url for that help, I am not seeing it on their website.

antrabe

Registered
im also looking for a gibertini to set up the same installation which model did you get?

im thinking OP125L which is 15kg

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
im also looking for a gibertini to set up the same installation which model did you get?

im thinking OP125L which is 15kg

I don't know which version I have. The dish seems to be aluminium and the back plate I think is steel.

******EDIT*******

Just found the invoice and it is the Gibertini OP125L.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
I am beginning to think I might have assembled the brackets on the motor wrongly as I have an issue with the motor body pressing against the base of the dish.

I shall investigate further tomorrow.

antrabe

Registered
ok this is the model i were looking for.

The motor maybe have 2 positions (mine have it) Latitude (0-40 and 40-70).

what im not sure in a gibertine if the motor has to be installed with the pole upwards.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
I have installed it with the pole / stub upwards but that would depend on the motor, not the dish.

I am using a Stab H-H 120 motor.

My previous motor was a Darkman motor, can't recall exact model but it was a very good one and served me well. That had the pole / stub facing downwards.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
If I can't get it all sorted tomorrow, then it will be several days before I can work on it again as we are expecting a lot of rain this coming week.

maxtak

Registered

i think that you want this

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
On my Triax 1.1 there is an obvious marker that helps me set the dish elevation but I can't see any obvious marker on my Gibby. Can anybody tell me where this marker is because I am not seeing it.
That will teach me to check before the dish is up, and I am on a ladder. :(

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Why not do it the old fashioned way with the stabb mount value set correctly swing the dish to a central satellite and then adjust the dish elevation until the signal comes in at it highest strength by signal meter.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
I think that is the way I am going to have to do it.
I was hoping that by setting the elevations to more or less the correct figures, I would make things easy for me.

Sadly, being up a ladder doesn't make life easier for me whatever way I do it.

I'm in no hurry to get this done as there won't be any decent football feeds for a while yet and I have access to iptv.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I think that is the way I am going to have to do it.
I was hoping that by setting the elevations to more or less the correct figures, I would make things easy for me.

Sadly, being up a ladder doesn't make life easier for me whatever way I do it.

I'm in no hurry to get this done as there won't be any decent football feeds for a while yet and I have access to iptv.

Yeah but you still need to swing in around the axis of where the stabb sits on it mount anyway, old fashioned ways always the best those scales on dishes and motors can be way out.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
I have had to give up for a few days at least now as it has just started to rain. Over 13 hours earlier than forecast. :(

manic01

Super VIP
img030-jpg.100646

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
If anybody has a gibertini 1.25 on a Stab H2H motor could they post photos of the motor in situ for me?

I am still having a problem with the dish adjuster (long threaded rod) hitting the side plate of the motor and stopping the motor from moving further.

I could cut the threaded rod to shorten it but before I take that drastic action, I need to know it's the right thing to do. Once done, I can't restore it.

I have fitted the extra spacer that was supplied.

***Edit****

This is the correct details of my motor.

STAB-USALS HH120 Rotorsat Satellite Motor

Last edited: