Go Back   Sat Universe > Off Topic > PC Section > Chat > General PC Chat

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

Very slow speeds with VPN

General PC Chat

Old 15-03-2021, 16:25  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 2,056 Times in 1,002 Posts
Default Very slow speeds with VPN

I have a NordVPN sub and have been happily using it when I need to and speeds have been pretty good.

However, I have changed the provider to Virgin UK and run the hub in modem mode, so I can use my own router.

Without vpn, I am getting speeds of up to 650 mb down and close to 40 mb up.

I did some speed tests with and without the vpn on and found that my speeds plummeted. I know that a vpn will slow things a bit but up to 650 mb down has dropped to around 36 mb down and around 5 mb up.
Surely, something is wrong?
Anyone have any advice to give me?

I am going to try and use different script files in my router to see if that can improve things. I will also try to find a server nearer my location. The one I am currently using just says UK, it doesn't specify an area.
Old 15-03-2021, 16:29  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 2,017 Times in 858 Posts

I get 110mb VM using superhub 3, with nord 28mb, shocking loss using nord.
Old 15-03-2021, 16:41  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

It wasn't that way when I was with Sly UK for my internet.
Old 15-03-2021, 18:19  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Thanked 102,038 Times in 21,119 Posts

not much better with IP Vanish VPN
Without VPN I CAN GET MORE THAN 900MB/s
With VPN and nearest location [ UK ] only 69MB/s
so not a lot better with IP Vanish but good enough to watch Pluto TV as its Still Geo Blocked for me but now available to watch totally Free with VPN pointed to UK : )
Attached Images
File Type: png 11095744363.png (50.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: png 11095724423.png (51.1 KB, 8 views)

Forum Rules
The Following User Says Thank You to barney115 For This Useful Post:
manic01 (15-03-2021)
Old 15-03-2021, 18:28  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I have now tested other servers, and it's pretty much the same.

Pity, as I was hoping to have the VPN running 24/7, but I won't bother now and only activate it if I really need to.
The Following User Says Thank You to dog-man For This Useful Post:
barney115 (15-03-2021)
Old 15-03-2021, 21:19  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 7,026 Times in 1,461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog-man View Post
I have now tested other servers, and it's pretty much the same.
hi, try WindScribe vpn, and about inetrnet speed via vpn will be perfect
barney115 (15-03-2021), dog-man (15-03-2021)
Old 15-03-2021, 21:44  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenFox View Post
hi, try WindScribe vpn, and about inetrnet speed via vpn will be perfect
I will investigate that one.
The Following User Says Thank You to dog-man For This Useful Post:
OpenFox (15-03-2021)
Old 15-03-2021, 21:32  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 8,785 Times in 3,062 Posts

I am gettting 108.85 Mb/s on my VM super hub.
Old 15-03-2021, 21:43  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by william-1 View Post
I am gettting 108.85 Mb/s on my VM super hub.
With a VPN?
Old 15-03-2021, 21:57  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I tested now expressVPN result is 108 mb/s, without vpn speed is about 120-130 mb/s.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blejac For This Useful Post:
barney115 (15-03-2021), dog-man (15-03-2021)