'Wrong data Transmission' error on TM500

bobby baccala

Registered
Chaps

Set up a new TM500 for my dad (who doesnt have internet connection at home). Works fine at my house, but when i set it up on his system (standard single lnb pointing at Hotbird) he gets 'Wrong Data Transmission' when trying to view some FTA channels (mainly the Italian Canale 5 and Italia 1), and the channel stays black.

I have patched it with the UR Image (22-12-09) and it clears the Viacess sport channels no problem. But he isnt able to clear those FTA channels!

I have rescanned the channels at his house, rebooted - but he still gets this error message.

Was working fine witha Fortec Star Platinum receiever a couple of days ago so i cant see it being a prob with dish or LNB - just wondered if some settings on the TM500 itself was causing this...?

Any info much appreciated.

Any ideas chaps??

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
i was going to say check what type of LNB he has is it universal?

When you did the scan on the TM at your dads house were you able to see it pulling in channels

Ferret

bobby baccala

Registered
Yeah it seemed to be as they were all coming up on the scan. What i did want to do was completely delete the channels i had scanned at my place and rescan from fresh. But i cant find a way to delete all the channels in one hit...? For all i know it just ignored the channels it found as they were already on the box.

And i didnt want to do a full factory reset otherwise i would then lose the image, cam and keys with no interent connection to load them all back up again.

A right pain from what is a very good box...

Also the remote is very bad (i.e sometimes works and sometimes doesnt no matter how close you are to the STB!) not sure if this is a fault. Put new batteries in but same prob.

D

Deleted member 118050

m8 i've had this error quite a number of times with my tm600 and it's always been when the dish isn't exactly on the 'wanted' satellite position or the frequency was incorrect,...

bobby baccala

Registered
mate thats a good start - but how did u sort it?

I cant seem to delete all the channels to start a fresh scan. It just kinda scans over the top of the existing ones i scanned at my place.

If i do factory reset i lose all the image, cam and softcam files and with no net connection at my dads i cant load up all the goodies...

There must be a way of keeping all the soft and firmware and deleting the current scanned satelite and channels.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You can edit your dads list with a channel editor like Dreamset or DreamBoxEdit. You could delete almost all and start again.

Check what signal strength you have, what niloc mentioned could be the cause LOW Signal.

Just because another box works on the dish does not mean the tuner in the TM will act the same.

Ferret

bobby baccala

Registered
Ok - got a copy of Dreamset - will it be a case of just connecting up laptop to sat box via ethernet (no router) and then i can edit?

Thanks by the way for everyones help.

The sat signal by the way is good, im certain there isnt a signal problem.

bobby baccala

Registered
mate thats ace- but as he has no router at home i'll have to bring it home to do it.

But will give that a go and report back.

Thanks again.

manic01

Super VIP
Why can you not manually delete the channels? Just highlight channel-press menu-select delete-exit and so on etc.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Why can you not manually delete the channels? Just highlight channel-press menu-select delete-exit and so on etc.

He want's to delete every single channel mate 1100 or more lol. Would take a while that way.

Ferret

manic01

Super VIP
Haha never realised that mate. Why not just delete the TP for those channels, then re add TP then scan again.

bobby baccala

Registered
Anyway, used Dreamset to delete channels and then rescanned in at my dads. And to make things even more crazy - it failed to scan in those channels at all, though the other 1500 came thru just fine.

Even input the frequency and PIDS manually but nothing....

So, i can only deduce that for some reason the LNB and the TM500 dont talk when it comes to those poxy 3 channels (Itala 1, Canale 5 end Rete Quattro). Over 1500 channels and the 3 he wants arent being scanned.

They are being scanned at my place which is possibly why they show up at his when i scanned the box using my LNB, but that error keeps coming up when i plug into his system - maybe the signal is too weak or its conflicting with something else.

I guess my next option is a new LNB - though it was the one thing i wanted to to avoid as im not overly keen on the nuts and bolts of sat set up (prefer being indoors with a laptop!).

We have now put back the old Fortec Star STB and he is happily receiving those FTA channels...

Never seen the like of this...!!

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Mate have you added the TP for those channels?

Ferret