Go Back   Sat Universe > Smartcards > Card Chat

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

Name of the standard Linux / Unix Uploadtool for CAMs via PCMCIA

Card Chat

Old 25-04-2021, 16:28  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default Name of the standard Linux / Unix Uploadtool for CAMs via PCMCIA

Hello there,

I just want to know the name of the uploadtool or collection of tools for updating an Alphacrypt CAM with the PCMCIA Slot of my computer.
It shall be able to upload the original firmeware as well as the ALL4One Firmware, to disable the Card protection and to use different kinds of cards with my alphacrypt module.

And, of course, many thanks!

Kind regards,

Freewarehookie

Last edited by freewarehookie; 25-04-2021 at 16:42..
Old 25-04-2021, 17:57  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 7,239 Times in 1,802 Posts

i am almost certain that there is no mascom driver for linux
you need win nt or xp
Old 25-04-2021, 18:03  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Well, isn't it enough if there's a driver for my pcmcia card?
Doesn't it work the same with all decoder-cards?
Or is this mascom alphacrypt device something special?

Do all Decoder-Cards have different hardware with regard to the installation of new firmware on the chip itself?

Is there a windows driver, which is open source or can be downloaded to port it for linux? Do you know anything about it?

I'm a newbie, but I might take all the necessary steps to get it running under Linux.

Thanks a lot.

FH
Old 25-04-2021, 19:13  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default Which software theoretically

Which software would you theoretically use if a mascom driver would exist?
Is there a common file extension existing for such devices, which can then be uploaded to the device?
The windows structure of the original firmware for the alphacrypt module has a .dll file. I anticipate that this is the firmware.

Thanks a lot.
Old 29-04-2021, 08:34  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 7,239 Times in 1,802 Posts

mascom.inf + alphac.sys = driver for update programme
alphac.inf + alphac.sys = update programme AlphaCryptUpdateX_XX.exe

good luck
Attached Files
File Type: rar Alphacrypt Driver.rar (833.6 KB, 3 views)