2x BDC - No ATR

delboy123

Registered
I have two BDC cards and both are showing up as NO ATR.
This is really annoying me now.
I have tried everything.
Tried different com ports, running DragonLoader under XP mode, everything.
Using Infinity Phoenix.

Does anybody know how to fix this?
Please.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
i get it all the time unfortunatly ..lol's
my pc has not got RS232 port so i use 9pin serial converter ,

No ATR seems a huge flaw in these dragon cards , what i do to solve it is use my old laptop with 9pin null modem cable into Rs232 port and other 9pin connection in my card programmer then open Cas studio goto Phoenix 3.57 and "Hide" then open dragon loader load bdc file but use Com port 1 ( important } it will show ATR but with IQ error msg popup then i erase card leave it 30secs then set up my card programmer to my main pc which dont have RS232 ports so i use 9pin serial converter open Cas studio phoenix 3.57mhz "hide" open dragon loader v1.1 load the bdc file but now i Select Com port 3 then Write Tab now card has ATR and will write bdc file perfect .
i must do this just about every time i have to load a new bdc file i think there is not really any other soloutions ,
hope that helps .
----
barney

versik

Registered
i get it all the time unfortunatly ..lol's
my pc has not got RS232 port so i use 9pin serial converter ,

No ATR seems a huge flaw in these dragon cards , what i do to solve it is use my old laptop with 9pin null modem cable into Rs232 port and other 9pin connection in my card programmer then open Cas studio goto Phoenix 3.57 and "Hide" then open dragon loader load bdc file but use Com port 1 ( important } it will show ATR but with IQ error msg popup then i erase card leave it 30secs then set up my card programmer to my main pc which dont have RS232 ports so i use 9pin serial converter open Cas studio phoenix 3.57mhz "hide" open dragon loader v1.1 load the bdc file but now i Select Com port 3 then Write Tab now card has ATR and will write bdc file perfect .
i must do this just about every time i have to load a new bdc file i think there is not really any other soloutions ,
hope that helps .
----
barney

HI!
Please help. Have same problem, but don't understand how to fix it.
I downdload CAS Studio, but it running in Demo Mode only (I don't have Duolabs device. Have you any another solution?

nreans

Registered
BDC Programming

Please advise which operating system was on your laptop when you resurrected the Blue Dragon ATR using null modem cable and CAS interface software.

behnam

Registered
Please advise which operating system was on your laptop when you resurrected the Blue Dragon ATR using null modem cable and CAS interface software.
I use adaptor RS232 to usb with laptop and cas3 windwos7

nreans

Registered
Sorry, Barney wrote:-
"use my old laptop with 9 pin null modem cable into Rs232 port and other 9 pin connection in my card programmer then open Cas studio goto Phoenix 3.57"
This I assume resurrected the ATR before he programmed the card.

Two questions arise:-

1) How did he power the programmer as RS232 has no power source.
2) Did this old laptop have windows XP

I have tried all combinations of null modem cables and programmers using windows 7 they don't work! I am trying to establish if XP is the missing ingredient. Please advise.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, Barney wrote:-
"use my old laptop with 9 pin null modem cable into Rs232 port and other 9 pin connection in my card programmer then open Cas studio goto Phoenix 3.57"
This I assume resurrected the ATR before he programmed the card.-> yes 100% correct

Two questions arise:-

1) How did he power the programmer as RS232 has no power source. -> Cas3 has Usb cable aswell for power source

2) Did this old laptop have windows XP -> yes it does its old dual core laptop with RS232 Port very handy indeed

I have tried all combinations of null modem cables and programmers using windows 7 they don't work! I am trying to establish if XP is the missing ingredient. Please advise.
i wud think so m8 and everything you have written seems to be very much accurate and correct i would not doubt that win xp does help ... in my situation it does anyhow .
thnxs for your post and feedback indeed every bit of feedback helps :thum:

cheers .
---
barney

Last edited:

Toolman22

Registered
I have both (Windows XP PC & Windows 7 64-bit Laptop)
Windows XP is a Pentium IV PC with RS-232 and USB ports.
I can program the BDC with:
- Phoenix programmer connected to the RS-232 port
- Phoenix programmer connected to the USB to RS-232 converter
- Easymouse 2 programmer device

On my laptop I did program the Card using the USB to RS-232 converter. The easymouse 2 programmer however does not work on my notebook. It must have to do with the FTDI chipset built in the Easymouse. My Sweex converter has a Prolific chipset.

Can someone please confirm my observations?

nreans

Registered
Blue Dragon ATR

I am now investigating whether the ability to resurrect the ATR after initial programming is a NTFS vs FAT32 issue.
Will advise results.

hatmaw

Registered
hi
this is kind of solving no atr recognize for winxp and others

you put the file *.bdc in your computer direct in c: no folder
and put the loader away from the file like in desktop and try.

this problem i face ..

regards to all

giles

Registered
Blue dragon ATR

Seems that my Blue Dragon lost ATR. Card was working till this morning but after programming with file 09082011 card has no ATR anymore. I tried to put the card in phoenix programmer on native com port, but Dragonloader won't reckognize the card.
Is it possible that some wrong bdc files could kill the card, even if OS of the card is safe since we don't "touch" os when programming the card in phoenix mode, only the eeprom, I think.
Card is reckognized in newcs as CW card, but failed to initialize properly!

nreans

Registered
I am now investigating whether the ability to resurrect the ATR after initial programming is a NTFS vs FAT32 issue.
Will advise results.

Results as promised:-

1) BDC Loaders on XP FAT32 No Joy
2) BDC Loaders on XP NTFS No Joy

Both the above with rs232 null modem cable connection.

Conclusion:- It has to be a fault with the loader as it does not recognise any card!

Solution:- Find a loader that works.

Result:- Found a loader that works programmed card instantly.

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
Conclusion:- It has to be a fault with the loader as it does not recognise any card!

Solution:- Find a loader that works.

Result:- Found a loader that works programmed card instantly.

The loader v2 (Blue Bear Icon) is the latest BDC loader isn't?

Doesn't really help anybody unless you say which loader you found to be a "better loader".......... does it?

Maybe you could post this "better loader" in the Public Upload Section of the forums.....

thanks

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
WELL I WONT BE USING Dragon loader v2 As it has a very Nasty Virius in it which wipes all your files off your PC leaving you with a nasty reformat job .

i am just warning members of this as it happened to me twice already and i 'aint looking for it to happen again thnxs .

soteris

Registered
Seems that my Blue Dragon lost ATR. Card was working till this morning but after programming with file 09082011 card has no ATR anymore. I tried to put the card in phoenix programmer on native com port, but Dragonloader won't reckognize the card.
Is it possible that some wrong bdc files could kill the card, even if OS of the card is safe since we don't "touch" os when programming the card in phoenix mode, only the eeprom, I think.
Card is reckognized in newcs as CW card, but failed to initialize properly!

same problem here.what was that file anyway nova or digiturk?

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
WELL I WONT BE USING Dragon loader v2 As it has a very Nasty Virius in it which wipes all your files off your PC leaving you with a nasty reformat job .

i am just warning members of this as it happened to me twice already and i 'aint looking for it to happen again thnxs .

thanks for info barney - I am a little confused here though because I have not had a virus or files go missing, perhaps (again) you could upload the safe loader you use in the Public Upload Section.....

edit: I'm using the 2nd BDC Loader patched by matrix6931.....no virus 100% :thum: