Best starter image

nstone24

Registered
Hi there I've just got my Cuberevo / IP 9000 HD.

I used to have a dreambox so am naturally used to enigma2 images.

I like the DSG based images apart from the fact that it seems you can't sort channels by satellite like in enigma2 images. I would be happy if someone could show me how to do this. At the moment all channels are shown as searched - which given I have a motorised dish causes problems when surfing channels - I like to choose a satellite to prevent the dish from turning too much.

Anyway - I wondered what is the best image to use in flash that has the emu (mgcamd or other) set up already for non card sharing use? I will obviously update the required key files etc.

Many thanks

catseye

Registered
Im using PKT 7.1 Xmas version of Enigma2 which apart from sound bug,which goes off sometimes when channel changing, works well

Ive also tried sifteam E2 extreme which i liked but as its a beta image can be very buggy -the final release should be very promising

Also you can add Cross EPG to PKT E2 which works on 7day guide

Load E2 on USB stick as it needs loads of memory for the extras

markybrook

Registered

nstone24

Registered
Thanks

Thanks I'll give that a go - the only probs for me with the E2 on stick images is how the stick has to be setup for taking the image. I know there is a guide on this forum.

I have to say this forum seems one of the best for this box.

Thanks.

catseye

Registered
Click on the last link in markybrook's post

That tells you how to load E2 onto Usb stick

If you install the most recent Sifteam DGS images it should have multiboot already installed

Ps: i will probably take a few attempts to get it loaded & working onto USB stick -dont worry that's normal:D

nstone24

Registered
OK - this is starting to become a cry for help - but what ip settings are usual for this box so that DCC can talk to it?

markybrook

Registered
OK - this is starting to become a cry for help - but what ip settings are usual for this box so that DCC can talk to it?

Don't leave default Ip settings in box they use DHCP and set different IP addresses each time. Put in static IP address for the box in the Ip address settings under settings of 192.168.x.100. x depends on your router.

Then use those fixed settings in DCC.

nstone24

Registered
Another question markybrook - is there a way to access the emu menu in the PGI Larve image. I see that the yellow button restarts it but is there a way to choose which is active?

markybrook

Registered
Another question markybrook - is there a way to access the emu menu in the PGI Larve image. I see that the yellow button restarts it but is there a way to choose which is active?

To change EMU you need to edit a file called boot_services.cfg in var/etc.
There is a line that starts SOFTCAM=. Change this line to SOFTCAM="incubusCamd" (if you wanted incubus). The incubuscamd.sh4 should reside in var/bin
and the incubus.conf and prio files in var/keys.
All this is done using an FTP program such as DCC.

Last edited:

carrpet

Registered
I run E2 (SIFTeam enigma2 extreme edition *beta5b*)in flash (it is too buggy to be the "operating" image)and E2 PKT7.1 on USB. The SIFTEAM beta 5b has superb functionality for setting up both the hard drive aand USB and recognises all drives I have thrown at it. It also has integrated multi-boot. If you are used to dreambox you can copy your satellite / service stuff across using dreambox edit.