guide chat

TerD

Registered
Good start, mate. Why not tell the guys in AB COM to put this in the Box.

Much appreciated

TerD

megachucky

Registered
Yes, good start. It still could be a lot more explain basics such as making records and so on.

I do not have much knowledge yet, but maybe I will write some FAQ too, when I am more familiarised.

richieD

Registered
Much improved over the earlier versions.

However, all assume familiarity with networking, and that the box is connected via LAN or WiFi to a Network. With the increased availability of HD TV over Cable or DVB-T more "normal" consumers will be attracted to this box. Perhaps a guide to the integration in a network, or just connection to a PC for editing the HDD or transfer of files would be very useful. Should I succeed with the above I will provide the details for incorporation in your guide.

Richie

eivi

Registered
Thanks a lot - for those like me who learn - much appreciated thing. Sorry not posing much - I think first u must learn or find missing in other threads and not ask stupid questions if they are already answered somewhere ...

arashkhaan

Registered
Hi thanks for information but there are many things which are not explained in manual for example, explaination on scan modes, explaination on lnb setting for seperate-loop and master/slave , and many other things so please if anybody has information let us know thanks a lot.....

ararat

Yes, good start. It still could be a lot more explain basics such as making records and so on.

I do not have much knowledge yet, but maybe I will write some FAQ too, when I am more familiarised.

For those of you who want more information on how to make recordings and on how to burn hd-discs from HDTV-recordings of your IpBox (1080i recordings on DVD <~1hr>/ DVD-DL <~2hrs> or bluray <~3 hrs and longer>, see link below.

In most cases you don't need a bluray burner to burn your HDTV-recordings. If you split your recordings, you can do totally without one. But you need a bluray player or a PS3 for playback.

download Branta's "Revo_recordings_v2.pdf" from

http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=105608

0ryn

Registered
Hi,
I'm having issues with SD image quality. It looks for all the world like the 2 fields are being interlaced wrongly, this only happens on SD content. Its not so noticeable if you set 720p, but very noticeable in 576i and 1080i.
I noticed this problem with the original image and also with the nlb image.

This interlace problem even shows up using the s-video connection, Is my box broken or do they all do it but noone cares?

Last edited:

sozo

Registered
There are two ways of recounting picture used in practice - progressive and interlaced. In progressive
recounting just pair or impair lines are drown at the moment but the recounting progresses so fast that
human eye is not able to notice it in normal conditions. Little decrease of picture quality can be seen
during fast action scenes when noticeable flickering can appear. In interlaced recounting whole screen
(all lines) are drown in one moment - „refresh“.

Looks like this section of the guide is wrong. It's description of progressive and interlaced are swapped.

denErno

Registered
I installed the latest version from AB on my IPBOX9000HD.
When I connect via my internet explorer , I need to use relook as login and password.
At the same time, the webpage I get is refering to DGStation , and not the ABwebinterface page I see in this great documentation for beginners.
Can someone tell me how to get the original AB page back please.