Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

TM5402 MK4

Technomate Chat

Old 08-07-2021, 21:40  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 2,400 Times in 997 Posts

We all help each other here, enjoy the forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:
kippysat (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 11:21  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Thank you and I am enjoying the forum a lot.

So I have tried a lot more Sats and the green list is much larger than
I could have ever imagined. Very impressive.

However, I have noticed some odd things that might interest you.

On a few channels that are green, I select them and they work for a few minutes, then the screen goes black. I exit and try again and then
find that the channel is no longer green. So on some channels it's as if there is a temporary opening and then it closes.

Interestingly, on one channel on 19.2E I went back again to check it 30mins later and it was back to being green again and opened.

Please note this is only happening on a few channels, too small even to
be concerned, but curious nonetheless.

The other strange happening is that on a few channels, there is a pause for a time, like a freeze frame, then the picture un-pauses and returns with the same program, but having lost 10, 20 or 30 seconds or so of the program.

Again, this is something I noticed on a few channels, but not really bothering me to be honest.

I thought you might find this useful information.
The Following User Says Thank You to kippysat For This Useful Post:
manic01 (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 11:32  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippysat View Post

The other strange happening is that on a few channels, there is a pause for a time, like a freeze frame, then the picture un-pauses and returns with the same program, but having lost 10, 20 or 30 seconds or so of the program.

It cant go back in time, once it has stalled/paused it should pick back up live once connection is regained.
kippysat (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 11:35  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manic01 View Post
It cant go back in time, once it has stalled/paused it should pick back up live once connection is regained.
Sorry, that is what I meant. It continues with the program, but obviously the intervening 30 seconds or so of programming is lost.
manic01 (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 11:36  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Also are yo using wifi or ethernet?
Old 09-07-2021, 11:36  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Marching On Together !

Thanked 20,940 Times in 8,332 Posts

Quote:
Thank you and I am enjoying the forum a lot.

So I have tried a lot more Sats and the green list is much larger than
I could have ever imagined. Very impressive.

However, I have noticed some odd things that might interest you.

On a few channels that are green, I select them and they work for a few minutes, then the screen goes black. I exit and try again and then
find that the channel is no longer green. So on some channels it's as if there is a temporary opening and then it closes.

Interestingly, on one channel on 19.2E I went back again to check it 30mins later and it was back to being green again and opened.

Please note this is only happening on a few channels, too small even to
be concerned, but curious nonetheless.

Again, this is something I noticed on a few channels, but not really bothering me to be honest.

I thought you might find this useful information.
Unfortunately channel interruption is par for the course with the type of servers your connected to .

Things that may improve it are to make sure you reboot your router/modem setup and the box itself daily.

If you have other things happening on your network gaming or downloads that also has an effect on the ping times and can cause glitching.

VU+ Duo2
Japhar DM8000
A8P DM800SE
Amazon Fire TV Box 2nd Gen
T95Z Plus S912 3GB+16GB
TX3 Mini
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ferret For This Useful Post:
kippysat (09-07-2021), manic01 (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 11:38  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Sorry, that is what I meant. It continues with the program, but obviously the intervening 30 seconds or so of programming is lost.
Were you hoping it would go back in time once connection was remade?
As it is 'Live' once connection gets dropped then remade it will pick up 'Live' not possible to pick up where it stopped or it would be a iptv stream not a satellite signal
Ferret (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 11:45  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

99% of the time it should perform as required, but at times there may be issues, 28e channels can have odd issues but generally very good.
Glad you are enjoying it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:
Ferret (09-07-2021), kippysat (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 12:44  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Ethernet. I am always hard wired, don't like wi-fi.
manic01 (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 12:46  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Unfortunately channel interruption is par for the course with the type of servers your connected to .

Things that may improve it are to make sure you reboot your router/modem setup and the box itself daily.

If you have other things happening on your network gaming or downloads that also has an effect on the ping times and can cause glitching.
So no gaming on my network, just multiple connections to several boxes.

I have 8 ethernet connections in use simultaneously.