AMIKO ALIEN 8900 HD BOOT PROBLEM

pragyavan

Registered
Truth of Clone and Original Amiko Alien

AMiko Alien 8900 all which are coming at low price, the boxes are not clone..... They are coming from original factory only.

But............

In China one factory makes the hardware of this box.... Than they send it to America and Europe to authorized sellers. Authorized seller enters the Serial number of box in Spark Portal to verify the selling channel of the box, if the serial number is not entered in spark system, they will not authorize the user to use the spark portal.

The box which people getting from the sources other than authorized distributors are not clones but their serial number is not entered in Spark portal. The authorized distributors reserve the right to sell this box but if you buy from others it is a big loss for them.

When they got to know that lot of Alien 8900 sold directly from factory to the users without permission, they sent one update to block the bootloader, the update was only applied on the boxes which were not registered on SPARK portal by the dealers.

So, the hardware is same but their is an issue of software using rights if you buy without proper channel.

So the people who bought from local sources requested to run their boxes only upto Spark 1.2.58SE, your box will be saved.

Or you can download the Patch Alpha version of the software. Offical 1.2.60 and 1.2.61 software would kill the boxes which are bought from the source other than authorized dealers.

Last edited:

underscore

Registered
Little update if problem like this appear during repair.

U-Boot 1.3.1 (May 29 2012 - 20:15:43) - stm24_0057

DRAM: 128 MiB
NOR: 8 MiB
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

In: serial
Out: serial
Err: serial
MB618> loady
## Ready for binary (ymodem) download to 0x8C000000 at 115200 bps...
CCxyzModem - CRC mode, 2(SOH)/512(STX)/0(CAN) packets, 4 retries
## Total Size = 0x00080000 = 524288 Bytes
MB618> run unprot
Un-Protect Flash Sectors 0-4 in Bank # 1
..... done
MB618> run update
Erase Flash Sectors 0-4 in Bank # 1
..... done
Copy to Flash
Can't write to protected Flash sectors
Protect Flash Sectors 0-4 in Bank # 1
..... done
MB618>

Go back with command and run:

1. MB618> loady
2. MB618> setenv monitor_sec 0xA0000000 0xA007FFFF
3. MB618> run unprot
4. MB618> run update

This will be pass the error.

Thx to Yakow user for help about this from others forum.

s4s_s4me

Registered
i got this error when i try all ur command ply help me now wat i do?

MB618> loady
## Ready for binary (ymodem) download to 0x80000000 at 115200 bps...
CCxyzModem - CRC mode, 0(SOH)/513(STX)/0(CAN) packets, 7 retries
MB618> setenv monitor_sec 0xA0000000 0xA007FFFF
MB618> run unprot
## Error: "unprot" not defined
MB618> run unprotect
## Error: "unprotect" not defined
MB618> run update
## Error: "update" not defined
MB618>

s4s_s4me

Registered
if i send direct from rs232 cabel i got this and my box screen come with err plz help me plz plz plz

MB618> `øCxyzModem - CRC mode, 0(SOH)/513(STX)/0(CAN) packets, 2 retries
Usage:
protect - enable or disable FLASH write protection

Usage:
erase - erase FLASH memory

Usage:
cp - memory copy

Usage:
protect - enable or disable FLASH write protection

IONUT22PIT

Registered
Hello,

I have a problem after I finish the work with GDB. In hyperterminal nothing appear. Maybe is something wrong with connection?I use an null modem cable from PC to serial port of the receiver.Help me please !

Sat-Shop

Board Sponsor
Sure, purchase a genuine Amiko SHD-8900 Alien receiver with 2 year hardware warranty and guaranteed to be compatible with the latest Spark updates without fear of damaging your equipment...

I am sure everyone can understand not wanting to pay more than you need for something and it's more understandable with the likes of Dreambox receiver for example where you could save hundreds of pounds over the original but here we are talking about a receiver which is £only 99 for the genuine thing including 2 year hardware warranty! There really is no excuse not to be supporting the genuine product and brand, and you will even be helping contribute to future development and all for just £99!

Last edited:

IONUT22PIT

Registered
Hello,

I have a problem after I finish the work with GDB. In hyperterminal nothing appear. Maybe is something wrong with connection?I use an null modem cable from PC to serial port of the receiver.Help me please !

I have done.Was something with serial port connections.Many thanks to Norbi20!!!!:thum::thum::thum::thum:

Demireldd

Registered
Ionut ai in poza imaginea unde sant pini pentri serial port

index.php

iar aici ai link cam cum arata serialul
http://www.terapeak.com/worth/serial-com-port-rs-232-d-sub-db9-female-to-5pin-connector-2-54mm-adapter-cable/311406527182/