Opticum 9500 HD crashing during BOOT

barneyrubble

Banned
Hi

I have a Opticum 9500 HD, and when I switched it on this evening it crashes during the boot process.
it comes up with the lines going clockwise around the display, and the startup logo on the screen, then it goes blank and after a few seconds, it goes back to BOOT on the display. It just keeps looping like this.

I am wondering if there is anyone out there who could help me.
Is there a way to get the receiver to restore factory defaults from the BIOS, or load a new SW version from a USB stick automatically, as part of the powerup/boot process.

Thanks

Barney

Thanks

Barney

zlodeus

Registered
Hi,
You can try upgrade software by serial port (RS232), but need to find related cable first, when.
1. Download AVUpgrade_STi710X_Ver tool and last Opticum 9500HD firmware.
2.Start AVUpgrade_STi710X_Ver and choose your COM port(must be green circle if connection is ok), Upgrade tab must be in Download mode
3.Open your dowloaded Opticum 9500HD firmware and press start button.
4. Power off receiver, wait a little, when power on again.
Process of upgrading should be starting, you can see this on display and on AVUpgrade_STi710X_Ver tool.
After upgrade finished, please don`t forget to close AVUpgrade_STi710X_Ver tool for prevent repeated upgrade afrer rebooting.
If this method does not help, i.e. COM port unavailable, you can only last chance - using JTAG.
good luck.

barneyrubble

Banned
Looks like the only hope is JTAB

Hi Zlodeus
Thanks for the help, but unfortunately even when I have the cable connected and the tool running, it keeps crashing, and rebooting.

You mention that my only hope would be JTAG, but can you tell me what JTAG is?

Thanks

Barney

zlodeus

Registered
JTAG - Joint Test Action Group.
use searching sites for details.
This is last way for resuscitate of broken electronic devices-direct access to processor.
But I think only some sat masters has this equipment which can bring back to life receivers.
P.S. I suggest to you try again upgrade by COM port.
1.check you serial cable , it should be like modem cable with 9pin
2. make sure about COM port number(usually 1 or 2)
3. prepare AVUpgrade_STi710X_Ve tool for upgrade and press start.
4. Power off receiver.
5. Upgrade procedure will start automatically only after power on of receiver if serial port operable.

barneyrubble

Banned
Normal service has been restored

Zlodeus

Thank you for your help.

I have been into computers for the last 30 years and have boxes of old cables and computer components. Well finally after rebuilding a computer I have not used in about 10 years which has a true serial port, and 4 cables later, I finally got it working.

It’s now up and running again.

I don’t know what went wrong, but I am installing a MultiSwitch and a 4 LNB arm for my dish. So that I can get Hotbird, Astar 19.2 , 23.5 and 28.2. So it may have been something to do with that.

Now that I have it working again, do I use the RS232 for a telnet session to get to the LINUX shell?

Thanks again

Barney

tinasa

Registered
hello,i have been planing to buy dreambox 800HD receiver from China.i need somebody help me and tell me whether it is feasible?

Thanks
Tina

a_mana

Registered
Hi,
You can try upgrade software by serial port (RS232), but need to find related cable first, when.
1. Download AVUpgrade_STi710X_Ver tool and last Opticum 9500HD firmware.
2.Start AVUpgrade_STi710X_Ver and choose your COM port(must be green circle if connection is ok), Upgrade tab must be in Download mode
3.Open your dowloaded Opticum 9500HD firmware and press start button.
4. Power off receiver, wait a little, when power on again.
Process of upgrading should be starting, you can see this on display and on AVUpgrade_STi710X_Ver tool.
After upgrade finished, please don`t forget to close AVUpgrade_STi710X_Ver tool for prevent repeated upgrade afrer rebooting.
If this method does not help, i.e. COM port unavailable, you can only last chance - using JTAG.
good luck.

Hi Dear,
I got a problem after first 5 tries to upgrade to newest software. Thanks for Magic update, i got it working perfect by Opticum9500_ILTV_EdiVIP_1.1.25-3_HD, then the catasrophy happened, since that i was looking for easier CCcam plugin and additional Languages, i tried to upgrade to Yumatu_for_Opticum_1.2.30_ps, after complete upgrade, the recevier restart, then surprised me with following error message: This S/W is not for this H/D.. install origianl firmware.
I tried hard to upgrade via serial prot.. i tries lot of old versions.. but no way.. the best i got from AVUpgrade_STi710X is Verify.. after connecting and turn on the reviever.. then nothing move.
I know about JTAG.. but i still think that i ddin't reach this point..while i don't have map for the JTAG pins on the board..
I ordered another reciver in hope to transfer from recevier to reciever.. but i need few days till i get it.
may you advice if there is better solution to do before i reach JTAG stage?
thanks in advance

zlodeus

Registered
Hi,
try to upgrade by serial port with 1.0.86 firmware first. because this is a full firmware which contain bootloader of OS21. If no chance, only jtag can help or special programmer with dump of memory for reflashing it.

a_mana

Registered
which package have this full firmware? I have tried opticum_9500_1.0.86_ps.dld, and have globo_04000200_AMSTAR_1.0.86_CONAX but didn't try it. I have the original bin file: Boot Opti_9500 orginal 1.3.03.bin but i didn't get the proper uploader.
there is one good solution as it seems called :Flash_Programing_Opti_9500__Powr_t_do_orygina_u_by_Jacek , some kind of Hyperterminal but it is in German, i couldn't understand the instructions.
The problem still exist like there is a virus in the booting log, whatever i do, when i turn the reciever ON it shows Boot Immediately then welcome screen "Welcome to Digital World", then an error box "information.. this SW is not designed to this HW, please back to the official SW". on the front panel, i can see moving square with timer 04:13 all the time without any change.
For Jtag, is there any software like the one used for DM, and how can i get the Jtag pins on the board?

a_mana

Registered
BTW.. is there any solution to boot the box from USB (overide the damaged software) then to upgrade? i though of flashing Linkux, i have all files, but there is no way yet to flash opticum_9500_linux.dld first. any advice?

a_mana

Registered
hi again and thanks for help..i have Opticum 9500 PVR 2C1 2CX E PlUS, the plain error now is that the software which is installed last time was Yumato, and seems it is not for this STB's Hardware.
i tried to cheat by using Yomato Uploader to flsh it with Original dld or bin files.. but i failed.
the last hope now is to transfer the softeware from STB to STB, i am waiting other reciever now, but i am still not sure if it will work.
and for BIN origial boot , is there any other uploader than AVUPGRADE7101?
if you know about Yomato, do they have uploader for STi7101?
rgds

zlodeus

Registered
Yumatu HD ID is 03000100. it was hacked software for Opticum 9500, by ID change. Now this FW is very old , you can try to search HD_230409_03000100_yumatu_xbox_ps_1.1.02_all _GLOBO_Merge.