TM-5402 M3 / ABS 3A @ 3.0°W

net5ua

Registered
Just wondered if it's possible to add satellite ABS 3A at 3.0°W on a TM-5402 M3 as this satellite is not showing in the 'Add Channel' list of satellites in any of my M3's.

Is it possible to just add the 3.0°W satellite rather than doing an entire search of all the available/visible satellites?

Many thanks in advance of any helpful replies.

net5ua

Registered
Thank you!

I've a 4th TM5402 (spare) that I've just checked and it only has 19.2E on it, so I'll try and install William's Channel list on that one as I don't want to lose the Satellites/Channels/TP's on any of the others.

The reason for my wanting to install 3.0°W was as a result of this post by kugujen on 12 Jan 2020:

ABS 3A (3.0°W)

11525 V 20000
DVB-S2 - 4:2:2 - 8PSK
ID: DOI Back Up
Event: Dancing on Ice TV Show

OLD CW: 12 AB CD 8A 34 DA 21 2F

manic01

Super VIP
Thank you!

I've a 4th TM5402 (spare) that I've just checked and it only has 19.2E on it, so I'll try and install William's Channel list on that one as I don't want to lose the Satellites/Channels/TP's on any of the others.

The reason for my wanting to install 3.0°W was as a result of this post by kugujen on 12 Jan 2020:
You wont view 4:2:2 feeds on TM5402

net5ua

Registered
Thank you - yes I realise that.

For 4:2:2 feeds I use my main powered TM-5402HD M3 to position the dish to the desired satellite, then I connect my TBS-5925 to receive the 4:2:2 feed.

What do others do?

Last edited:

net5ua

Registered
I managed to add satellite "3.0W ABS-3A" to my available satellite list using 4.0W as the benchmark position and moving a few clicks east from there using https://www.lyngsat.com/ABS-3A.html 12739 V 13.175 to get the Retecapri, 249 Sport, Alice, Marcopolo, Capri Casinò, Capri Fashion, TV 1 (Italy) and Odeon 24 channels.

I used an unused 0.00E satellite and renamed it "3.0W ABS-3A" which all works fine except that it still displays as "0.00E 3.0W ABS-3A" and is not in the correct satellite order being positioned after all of the East satellites.

Is there any known way on a TM-5402HD M3 to re-order the available satellites and/or rename the satellite losing the initial "0.00E"?

Or is the only way to do a satellite search which will hopefully find 3.0W?

Thanks in advance for any assistance :)

Last edited:

manic01

Super VIP
I managed to add satellite "3.0W ABS-3A" to my available satellite list using 4.0W as the benchmark position and moving a few clicks east from there using https://www.lyngsat.com/ABS-3A.html 12739 V 13.175 to get the Retecapri, 249 Sport, Alice, Marcopolo, Capri Casinò, Capri Fashion, TV 1 (Italy) and Odeon 24 channels.

I used an unused 0.00E satellite and renamed it "3.0W ABS-3A" which all works fine except that it still displays as "0.00E 3.0W ABS-3A" and is not in the correct satellite order being positioned after all of the East satellites.

Is there any known way on a TM-5402HD M3 to re-order the available satellites and/or rename the satellite losing the initial "0.00E"?

Or is the only way to do a satellite search which will hopefully find 3.0W?

Thanks in advance for any assistance :)

NDF Edit

net5ua

Registered
...thanks for that manic - which NDF editor do you use and recommend for such editing?

william-1

Feed Hunter
...thanks for that manic - which NDF editor do you use and recommend for such editing?

This the best NDF editor in post#7 (starts with East satellites) do most of your editing with this one,

TM NDF Editor is for TM5402HD series TM6000 Series you can use this editor for any receiver that uses the NDF system such as:-
Dr HD,Strong,Blade,ClarkeTech, ect.

https://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=2037038550&postcount=7

The loader in post #8 will reverse the channel list if you prefer this (Starts with West Satellites).

https://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=2037038556&postcount=8

Last edited:

net5ua

Registered
...fab, thanks guys! :)

I managed to figure out how to edit the name from 0.00E to 3.0W using the Clarke Tech Editor v3.18 - didn't know that 3.0W is 357.0 so was trying to find a way of changing the 'E' to 'W', then brought up William's channel list and looked through that alongside my own in separate windows - having edited, I then sorted the order by Polar arc before saving and uploading to my TM-5402HD M3 and as you say the satellite order is now East to West rather than West to East, but I'm sure I can live with that - if not I'll give the other editor a go!

Many thanks again :)

PS is it worth me replacing my Triax RG6 cables with Webro WF100 cables? (only a short distance from dish to receiver - about 6m)

Last edited: