Dummy card not recognized!

Swissrich

Registered
Hi All,

I am new to the CAM game and just got a T rex 4.6 and CAS 3 +. I have followed all the instructions but it won't load the Predator 3.68 files. I keep getting that teh Dummy card is not inserted.

It is and it is connected with the ribbon cable.
It is inserted correctly as well!

I have Studio 8.5b.

The CAM is good and shows a directory called Firecrypt 1.3

Any help would be great!

Tailzer

Registered
I am getting the same error, but with 8.5c, tried 8.5a as suggested in another thread, same error, dummy not connected.
Am I right in thinking that the Cam is ok as it shows the firecrypt when initalizing?
cheers for any help

Cas3Plus - brand new

dragnet

Registered
are you sure the dummy card is the right side up(cable connector facing down when placed in the cam)

creativesat

Registered
Hi, I have had a similar problem myself and it seems it is a faulty batch from Duolabs , please check the Dualabs Forum. One of my customer has rotated the central red diode on the dummy card 180° and now it all works perfectly.

I got this information from the duolabs forum here.

tr10tr

Registered
Hi, I have had a similar problem myself and it seems it is a faulty batch from Duolabs , please check the Dualabs Forum. One of my customer has rotated the central red diode on the dummy card 180° and now it all works perfectly.

I got this information from the duolabs forum here.

i'm

interlaced

Registered
my cas 3 does not write read or erase i am using the latest cas studio 8.8 any chance how to sort it thanks

badboy1965

Registered
hi interlaced, and welcome to S U, have a check that ALL the pins are straight,if you put the cam in on an angle you might have bent 1 or more.

frankharrison

Registered
If it of help sometimes I have to lick my finger and run it over the dummy card contacts.Then wipe them. Works for me anyway.

Frank

madman

Registered
Hello!
Sorry for posting in 2 months old thread.
I have same problem as you guys. I have CAS interface 3+ ,and Dragon TWIN module on which is loaded Predator 3.48. Now I want to upload Predator 3.80 ,and Cas studio 9.1.0 is saying :
Dummy Card is not inserted to Dragon CAM !!!. Please Insert it and press Start Update.
Dummy card is inserted ,ribbon cable is connected. I tried to clean dummy card connectors but nothing.

Have someone solved this problem yet?
Thanks you

biff2004

Registered
Hello!
Sorry for posting in 2 months old thread.
I have same problem as you guys. I have CAS interface 3+ ,and Dragon TWIN module on which is loaded Predator 3.48. Now I want to upload Predator 3.80 ,and Cas studio 9.1.0 is saying :
Dummy card is inserted ,ribbon cable is connected. I tried to clean dummy card connectors but nothing.

Have someone solved this problem yet?
Thanks you

Dont you have a Fun Card 7 for the dragon cam to load the Preditor 3.80 firmware.