Size of dish to receive C band

reza_

Registered
Hi dear
I want to receive C band infrequence's & I have C band LNB Inverto,can someone tell me the size of dish( medium size)witch I need to receive more satellite such as 10E, 61.8E, 91.5E, 4.8E.
I live in south of IRAN.
Thanks

O

ooOO_SORGOS_OOoo

10 e c band 130 cm
4,9 e c band 290 cm
62 e c band global 330 cm
91,5 e c band global 200 cm

Costactc

Registered
A 3m dish should have you covered depending on your location. Also, as posted earlier, mesh is by far superior to a solid for c band and the larger the holes in the mesh the better.

Costactc

Registered
Have tested both and am testing right now, mesh is by far superior to solid for c band only, not ku.

ricard silveira

Registered
For ku band the mesh is not better than solid but a mesh dish with 3m not offset have less signal than a 1.8m offset metal solid dish

Last edited:

Costactc

Registered
I have never tested a 1.8m offset dish but I have tested 1.8 and am testing 2.4 prime focus solid-mesh is by far superior on my arc.

Francescone

I believe this thread is a little bit confused.... I try to explain. A mesh dish is never (NEVER!) better than a solid one. A solid dish is always the best choice. Mesh dishes were built in the past (not sure now) due to better response to high speed winds, but they suffer of important signal loss compared to solid dishes. In C band the loss is limited and it become a good solution, in Ku band the loss is around 20-30% (more with many poor dishes). Also, the advantages in high speed wind conditions are not so real, and this is the reason because many manufacturers dropped mesh dishes from many years. So, if you need only C band you can choose a good mesh dish, if you want Ku band a good solid one is needed. Also, offset dishes are not better than prime focus. This is true only for little size (until 1.5m, maybe 1.8m). If you have the chance, install a good 3m solid dish for C and Ku band and you will not regret.

Wilis13

Registered
I have a 12 footer unimesh works well with cband but you are right. Does not do well with ku. In western hemisphere there is not much anyways. Most is still on cband

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slayer7

Donating Member
you may also attach a special c band lnb barrel to your lnb and do away with the dialectric plate as they take roughly around a 2 to 3 db loss on certain circular signals.

Triax+

Registered
I don't know how it is in your region/country, but here in Europe it's hard or impossible to find mesh dishes. Import from China is possible, but I have doubts about the quality.

I recently found a 2nd hand mesh dish, but I didn't install it yet.

Last edited:
O

ooOO_SORGOS_OOoo

I don't know how it is in your region/country, but here in Europe it's hard or impossible to find mesh dishes. Import from China is possible, but I have doubts about the quality.

I recently found a 2nd hand mesh dish, but I didn't install it yet.

i will try next days c band ;)

antrabe

Registered
Im thinking to buy 1,8m motorished dish to get band c but i doubt i have my dreambox 7080 could play mpeg4 ?

I found that most of c band channels are mpeg4