Change Mac Address Of Your Clone Dreambox

guli

Registered
Note: Original Mac address starts with 00:09:34:xx:xx:xx

There a simple way to fix your DM boxes, but how this is done depends on the image you are using.

[1] on all Pli images Flubber/ Garnet/ Helenite / Iolite;

a) with telnet or DCC go to /var/etc on your clone box and create a file callled chg_mac.sh (command in telnet is 'touch chg_mac.sh)

b) now edit chg_mac.sh with say "vi" so the command is vi chg_mac.sh or in DCC use FTP to edit the file

c) now add this content to the file

Code: Select all
/sbin/ifconfig eth0 down hw ether 00:0a:03:43:51:4a
/sbin/ifconfig eth0 up

you can change the 00:0a:03:43:51:4a to an unused MAC address (pick a number but not the same as anything on your LAN)

d) now change the attributes of this file to chmod +x or 755 so it is executable under *nix - right click in DCC and select change attributes

e) make a file called init in your /var/etc directory - in telnet touch init

f)now edit init with say "vi" so the command is vi init or in DCC use FTP to edit the file

g) now add this content to the file

if [ -x /var/etc/chg_mac.sh ]; then /var/etc/chg_mac.sh ; fi
/bin/setupnetwork

NOTE: if you do not use the name chg_mac.sh for the mac data make sure you change this init file to reflect the name you choose - else this will not work as your file will not be run at boot time.

h)now change the attributes of this file to chmod +x or 755 so it is executable under *nix - right click in DCC and select change attributes
Your Adsense Code

i) now reboot the DM

Another Method

Create a file called init (no extension - if you do it in notepad, it will add a .txt extension. the way around this is to save as init & put inverted commas around it - eg "init" & that will save it as init without any extension

Put this line into the file -

ifconfig eth0 down; ifconfig eth0 hw ether 00:09:23:47:97:E5; ifconfig eth0 up

Then upload the file to VAR/ETC & reboot

Thanks to hayalet18 @ Satsharing

howpeter

Donating Member
Hi Guli
I have a Dm800Hd Sim2.01 with image Dream Elite Blackhole. I think I had gone to the “Genuine Dreambox” plugin which has caused my Dm not able to go into internet to download anything. I guess to solve this problem is to change to Mac address. The etc folder in my model is not inside var folder, it is in the root folder by itself. I did according in first method but didn’t work. So I try the 2nd method and it didn’t work also.
Please Help!
Thanks very much!