Thread: Formula 1 News
View Single Post
Old 14-05-2010, 17:14  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 14,665 Times in 5,490 Posts
Talking

MASSA SEEKING SOLUTIONS

Felipe Massa has vowed to resolve the issues that have seen him fall by the wayside over the last three grands prix.

Massa led the drivers' standings following the first two races after finishing second in the season-opener in Bahrain and third in the second race in Australia.

But in Malaysia, China and Spain, the Brazilian has collected just 16 points to slip to seventh in the championship, 21 points behind leader and defending world champion Jenson Button.

Massa admits he has had problems of late with his Ferrari, and is hoping to finally get to the bottom of them, sooner rather than later as he aims for a vast improvement around Monaco this weekend.

"Throughout the winter tests I was 110% happy with the car," said Massa.

"At the first race the car was great, and everything was working perfectly just as I wanted.

"But the biggest issue I've had in the last few races has been the grip level with the tyres and I've struggled to get used to the car.

"There are some issues I've had this year, but I'm working very hard and I'm going to solve the problem.

"We know it's an issue that has cost me a few points in the last races, but it's something that I know I'm going to solve."

Last weekend's Spanish Grand Prix underlined the trouble Massa has run into of late, despite finishing sixth after starting from ninth on the grid.

"Last weekend was not great for me, especially in qualifying," said Massa.

"I struggled a lot to find a good grip level, and in the race it was difficult to overtake, almost impossible.

"I ran most of the race behind people and I just had no grip to try anything. It was not a very nice race.

"I just hope we can do a better job this weekend. We will see how it is going to be."