Thread: Formula 1 News
View Single Post
Old 28-09-2008, 23:00  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 14,665 Times in 5,490 Posts

Fortune favours Rosberg
Williams driver delighted by second in Singapore

Nico Rosberg admitted he thought the safety car had ruined his chances of a strong showing in Singapore.

Rosberg was one of two drivers, the other being BMW's Robert Kubica, whose low fuel loads forced them to stop when the pit lane was still closed after the safety car came out on lap 15.

The result was that Rosberg was handed a 10-second stop-go penalty, however, the delay in investigating the incident meant that the Williams driver, who was leading at the time, was able to pull out a gap over his rivals.

This allowed him to remain near the front of the pack after taking his penalty and he went on to finish the grand prix in second place behind Fernando Alonso.

"When I had to come in, I saw the safety car out," explained Rosberg. "The crew said 'come in this lap'

"I was really annoyed as I thought that was it, the end of it.

"But then I saw I was able to pull a gap afterwards even after the stop."

And having survived that penalty, Rosberg admitted: "Everything went our way which is great for me and the team.