what's best

chippy terry

Registered
hi guys been spending the last few years tinkering around with a sammy but cant get it to work on my diseqc 1.2 very well
and fed up of trying to update with a serial lead so its time to have a change i know very little about any other receiver but like
the sound of a technomate, i have read around the threads for some info but can some one let me know whats thay think is best at the mo and give me a little info on patching the tm and how it works. thanks for our help and time

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
My advice mate is get a Linux receiver.

Even a TM500 600 has a lot more to offer if your willing to read up on the Emu's

Ferret

redsox63

Registered
hi m8
tm500 is a good choice at a reasonable price. like ferret says you just have to read up on how things work. plenty of help available if you get stuck.

chippy terry

Registered
a quick question about the Technomate TM-600 USB PVR Linux
can i update the firmware by the usb port or does it have to be the Serial RS232S port witch i don't seem to be able to get on with

ToneDeff

Registered
hook it upto your network and you can flash new images over network with "TM Loader" or "Mini-Web", all done in about 5 mins or less.

chippy terry

Registered
cheers mate going to order one next week hope i don't get to stuck ,
cant seem to find any new firmware updates do i need one with a new tm machine or just softcams and images and channel list to get me started.
thanks

handogin

Registered
You could hold on for a few weeks and get the new TM800HD, rumour is it's about £200 ..... seems like a nice bit of kit with wi-fi enabled.

Hando