My original account has gone?!

thefatty

Registered
Hello, I went to log in this-morning and noticed my account seems to have been deleted? apparently the username is available and all more posts went from being a senior member, to 'guest' status? Any ideas as to whats happened? I have been a member since 2008! Many thanks, 'thefatty'

juli13

Staff member
Administrator
Yes we are aware of that problem, is an error which we try to fix.

Thx for understanding.

juli13

Staff member
Administrator
It is not something that we can tell you right now.
If the account is permanently deleted, sorry for that. We need to know what cause that, so to avoid that can happened again in future.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
With any luck there will be a database backup that can be used restoring the accounts.

Only Rocknroll can do this and he has been contacted so please be patient.

thefatty

Registered
Do you think the database was hacked? I would have thought the core vBulletin installation would be SQL injection secure throughout the builds, but i guess there could be some add-ons that is not? I wonder if there is anything in common between the accounts affected, like sign-up date or location.

On another note, should we be re-registering with our original usernames or would re-registering impede the restoration process (if a backup exists and its possible)?

Thanks for looking into it Admins & Co :)

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Do you think the database was hacked? I would have thought the core vBulletin installation would be SQL injection secure throughout the builds, but i guess there could be some add-ons that is not? I wonder if there is anything in common between the accounts affected, like sign-up date or location.

On another note, should we be re-registering with our original usernames or would re-registering impede the restoration process (if a backup exists and its possible)?

Thanks for looking into it Admins & Co :)

As we are now we dont know what the problem was.

I wouldnt re-register with you original user name just yet mate.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Waiting on Rocknroll mate.

So no not yet.

juli13

Staff member
Administrator
There is no news untill now.

Please mate be patient. The good thing is that no more accounts have been deleted, so normaly that was an error in database.
We are waiting Rocknroll to check the root of the forum.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
@ SORGOS and @ thefatty2 both you guys please drop me a pm msg anytime with your E-mails that were used to register your original accounts so they both can be restored as requested by admin @ Rocknroll ,

if you can provide the registered mails for both your accounts they can be put back fully active without delay .

any questions please post back here as soon as possible ,
cheers !

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
The same problem
Is there any solution
Wait for you reply
yes drop me a message with your registered E-mail please and you will have your old account @campag5242 activated again ,
cheers !

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Please when you send your PM to barney115 include any status your account carried obviously this can be checked but it will save time to know this.

Also a rough approximation of your post count at the time your account was removed.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
@ thefatty2 was kind enough to message me with his log info which i have forwarded to admins @ Ferret and @ Rocknroll
i forgot to mention that
his join date as i recall was 2008 a very long time SU member

@ SORGOS previously => @ ooOO_SORGOS_OOoo

@ Sam0000 previously => @ campag5242

waiting for you both to make contact again please include any status your previous account had and a rough post count indication so everything can be restored very fast as it once was .
cheers !

campag5242

Feed Hunter
Hi barney it was Omys8519 who'd re-reg'd as Sam0000 back in post #3.

My login/account was zapped too, but I was able to re-register just now with the old username, so all good. Posts were about 1100 best I can recall, no status.

ooOO_SORGOS_OOoo

Donating Member
i have got most pm % 99

:S The number of messages for me is not important

i dont register same nickname ,i dont understand vbulletin problem

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
i have got most pm % 99

:S The number of messages for me is not important

i dont register same nickname ,i dont understand vbulletin problem
ITS NOT YOUR FAULT at all M8 ,
IT Was probably caused by software update or forum reboot glitch
but it can be resolved you can have your old account activated again just pm me with your email that was registered with your old account and a rough post count i think you were donator member too if i am not mistaken ?
any info about your old account will help speed up the process getting it back working once again .
cheers !