Octagon SF8008 - Network not start after power failure

myhaycracyun

Registered
I have Octagon SF8008 witch came with openatv 6.2. I conected it to the internet with LAN interface because of the 1000 speed.

NO 1 PROBLEM:

Everything works ok but even if the receiver is ON or in standby, after a power failure, or if I remove it from the socket, the network does NOT start! It appears: "use adapter" set to "no". If I try to set to "yes" the receiver does not keep the setting and it reverts back to "off". All I have to do is "restart network" and then everything works ok.
I have reflash the receiver with Octagon SF8008. I did the test again, I got the receiver from the socket when it was on or in standby, the same problem: the network does NOT start!

The same thing happening with wifi interface. Manually using the network for stream and it's bothering me that I have to come home to the "restart network" manually. Strengthen thing, even when the network does not start, the flashing LEDs of the LAN adapter works.

I made a short video to show you how to change LAN adapters:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mdXNUbygtxXOjRyv40TQfZpYvrG1jNDy/view

I made a short video to show you how to change LAN and WiFi adapters:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZZJvbykc-qoX-JE2qkS3oedu1te1w4ft/view

As you saw in the videos, the IP of the receiver is set manually: dhcp for wifi and no dhcp for lan. The problem it's the same.

NO 2 PROBLEM:

When I change channels the picture is in slow motion for about 2 seconds.
This happen all the time. I made a short video to show you:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K9Lmh_xEect3Wba0qo7XYkSExfVykzKn/view

NO 3 PROBLEM:

I do not know really if it is a problem. A question maybe:

- The read speed for FTP with HDD in USB 3.0 is 70 - 90 MB / s
- the write speed for FTP with HDD in USB 3.0 is 28 - 34 MB / s

- The read speed for FTP with HDD in USB 2.0 is 35 - 40 MB / s
- the write speed for FTP with HDD in USB 2.0 is 28 - 34 MB / s

As you see the write speed is the same on both ports. On the USB 3.0 should not be a higher write speed?

Thank you very much ! I'll wait for your answer!

PS: The NO 1 PROBLEM it's the most important !

myhaycracyun

Registered
I will make a short brief about The Network Problem :

0. The receiver works ok. It have a new openatv 6.2 image from 2019.05.23.
1. The receiver is in Stand By mode or it is ON
2. If a have a power failure (power goes off from the grid) the receiver reboots in the state that was before (Stand By or ON)
3. If I want to use the receiver the network does not start ! Adapter is set to OFF
4. If I try to set the adapter to ON and Save, the receiver is setting back to OFF
5. The only thing that I can do is to "restart network". Like in the video that i ve posted
6.After the "restart network" everything it' OK !

Clarifications:

I ve made the test with plug out or to shut down from the button while the receiver is ON or in Stand By JUST to simulate a power failure to ASSURE when the problem APPEAR ! I DO NOT DO THIS all the time. Was just a test to show you on the forum what happen to my receiver when it lost power.
It is annoing for me to do "restart network" all the time.
I will put an UPS in the future, but it bothering me that this porblem appears only to my Octagon sf8008. I have a friend with VU who doesn't have this problem after a power failure.
I belive it is not a hardware problem, just a software one.
What do you think ?

Last edited:

myhaycracyun

Registered
I talked with octagon support and octagon engineers and they was very kind to help me.

For No 1 problem - Network Failure:

- the receiver came with an old image from october 2018. I update the image but the network problem appeared when power failure.
- i reflash with image from 23.05.2019 - same problem: network problem appeared when power failure.
- i reflash again with image from 28.05.2019 and now receiver works ok, the network problem does not appear yet. I ve made test and it is ok for now. If it happens again i will tell you.

For No 2 problem - Slow Motion:

We have to wait for Huawei fot SDK update for processor.

For No 3 problem - Write speed USB 3.0:

Octagon said that will look into this and will provide a answer.

Thanks Octagon !