why 21T7 insted of 21T8?

jhonns

Registered
Hi.

Again i know that Neotion support is over, but before i waste many hours trying without sucess..can anyone explain this?

-21T7.urt firmware version for Neotion 501/601, it works great but Biss channels dont work, it says "Video and Audio is not available"..firmware cannot detect Biss codification.

-21T8.urt is the latest (very old..) firmware for neotion 501/601, the secret menu have a lot of freezes..but Biss channels says "Encrypted", so in this version the firmware can detect Biss codification....

So why we kept on using 21T7, insted of working on a 21T8?

malioli

Registered
Five reasons why I have 21T7 instead 21T18:

1. With 21T18 my NB 501 became "frozen" every 15 minuets.
2. Changing channels with 21T7 happens faster
3. 21T7 needs less space in mine box
4. 21T7 have better support
5. Almost all friends who have NB 501 use 21T7...

Biss can't bee decrypted on NB 501 anywhere.

Have a nice time!

jhonns

Registered
Five very good reasons :thum:

Netherless the question about biss..is a bit strange a update work´s worse! I wonder if Neotion company know´s about these issues, the last update dates from "Tuesday, 6 of Setember of 2005 18:12:38" :rolleyes:

malioli

Registered
Some other thinks surprised me it's the fact that factory has sealed huge amount of boxes but they bankrupted. :(:(:(:(

jhonns

Registered
it´s not a surprise for me if they´re bankrupted, i see less Neotion receivers for sell everyday that passes by..

Yes NB501 it´s a small receiver, with great possibilities with USB module (it was innovating at the time)..but the lack of support from the Neotion company ruin it all. Like the topic "Problem of Neotion 501 & 601 (Must Read)" says it all..if they release quietly a opensource firmware and a opensource USB Driver, we could bring it back to life.

I know that a opensource firmware it´s more difficult (some companies think that releasing a opensource firmware is the same that helping the H&ck&rs), but what´s the problem of releasing a opensource USB Driver?

I´ve sent a couple of email´s to Neotion regarding different problems i never got an answer:mad:

malioli

Registered
you're not the only one ... and most likely you'll never get it anyway...

Neotion company already forget for they box users! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

But I will try to use my 501 till I burn his body and soul! Thanks to good support of technical skilled guys (like testi, DJ caruso, madridista ...) I still might watching five good packages of encrypted programs! :thum:

jhonns

Registered
Neotion company already forget for they box users! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

But I will try to use my 501 till I burn his body and soul! Thanks to good support of technical skilled guys (like testi, DJ caruso, madridista ...) I still might watching five good packages of encrypted programs! :thum:

And i appreciate all who spent hours and hours to get those packages working:thum:

But the future is quite dark...conax nagra3 biss we will not expect none of these in the future, only with USB we can work it out.

I´m going to fill Neotion mail´s with a lot of spam..I want support!!! :mad:

jhonns

Registered
I think it's a waste of time.:eek:mgblinky:

Maybe..but something have to be done....

I sincerely dont understand what´s the big deal of releasing the USB opensource code. Winclip is nice (and i appreciate the owner who has released his own USB Driver for Neotion)..but progdvb and many other´s would be great.

The Neotion Box, have USB 1.1 or USB 2.0?

alex0373

Registered
But only Winclip works with Neotion Streamreader.
I have test any other :(

winstb and neoDVB works bad and have no new Support.

Neotion have USB 1.1 ;)

best Regards, Alex0373

Last edited:

jhonns

Registered
But only Winclip works with Neotion Streamreader.
I have test any other :(

winstb and neoDVB works bad and have no new Support.

Neotion have USB 1.1 ;)

best Regards, Alex0373

anyway to change this USB 1.1 to 2.0 without killing the box? :D

alex0373

Registered
no :-(

but Winclip works perfect with vplug and wincsc with your NB501....
only little Problem with any Canals with big data Rate

Last edited:

isenguard

U Will Never Walk Alone
Super VIP
i tested nb501 + winclip + vplug + wincsc + GBOx and all work 100 %
so, dont dump ur neo :)

u can use it as DVB card with no problem :)

T-down

Registered
...but here are some members who change their stb into a neotionbox ( like myself ), and we can not use it in that way. So we have here 3 options: a - buy a new stb ; b - use jtag ; c - hope for any futher support .
Best regards
T-down

...bye the way: does anybody downloaded the program I put in "public upload" and can anyone use this program for anything regarding to our neotionbox ?

jhonns

Registered
i tested nb501 + winclip + vplug + wincsc + GBOx and all work 100 %
so, dont dump ur neo :)

u can use it as DVB card with no problem :)

Nice to know that is working..in the weekend i´ll try i too:thum:

T-down said:
...bye the way: does anybody downloaded the program I put in "public upload" and can anyone use this program for anything regarding to our neotionbox ?

Where can i download it? what´s the purpose of the program?

T-down

Registered
The program is called ST20R1.81.It supposed to be probably one of the main programs to create a new sw for stb using a 5518 chip inside. There is a lot of information in this program, but I´m not able to deal with it ....because of a lack of knowledge ! You can find it here:
http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=66030
You have to download these 4 parts and put them in one folder.
Regards
T-down

jhonns

Registered
The program is called ST20R1.81.It supposed to be probably one of the main programs to create a new sw for stb using a 5518 chip inside. There is a lot of information in this program, but I´m not able to deal with it ....because of a lack of knowledge ! You can find it here:
http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=66030
You have to download these 4 parts and put them in one folder.
Regards
T-down

If you look in google, you can find different versions

-ST20R1.6.2
-ST20R1.9.6+P7
-ST20R2.0.5

and in a russian FTP site, you can find many manuals about the sti5518..

programming is like chinese for me i dont know if is any good.