Intelsat 805 (55.5W) Footprint / C-Band / Dish Size Required

natedogg20050

Donating Member
@natedogg20050
Yes i will try to cach WWE HD feed 3963H 6600.
"Tuesday Morning Raw" 02-05 CET.

Just realised a Waveguide might be a good idea to add to my set up? I have one of the newer 13K lower noise figure C-Band LNBs on my set up. :D

post edited - the lower the noise figure the better

13k low noise might be the Solution for a good feed catch on cband

mrhardylima

Registered
I just found this video, wich is a good solution for those wich need bigger dishes and dont have enough money.
This guy used "extention panels" home made. He needs 1.70cm dish to catch Galaxy 14 (125W)and the channel of shopping, he extended to 1.25cm dish (+25cm) and worked fine, he is getting 43-51%. Realise something at moment, 1,70 needed for that channel on that satellite, he is getting 50% at least with 125cm, no glitch or loss, if Satbeams say we need 150cm at least to lock signal, we will do the same as this guy from the video, and we will lock feeds with it.

I leave here the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNb0znUbK1I

mrhardylima

Registered
Well, today with 180cm dish KU designed, wich is shit for C-band, i was able to receive more then 50% on 11W, 22W (just lock), 8W (just lock), 3.1E, and 20E.
My KU dish is equal to prime focus 125cm dish, since it is 180cm KU dish.
I will try on monday to lock 55W with it, if success im afford to try Raw feed.

mrhardylima

Registered
I made some tests wich i am sharing with you.

My LNB is 4.2GHZ from Titanium Satellite with Scalar Ring and FeedHorn.
I tested first 11W, LNB screw wasnt important, the Scalar was fixed on 42. I got there 51% stable on Russian Channels. With Dialetic Plate 15%, with the plate, 51%. Then i went on 22W, i got lock on AFN 15% 20%, i could not scan, only lock signal, wich is at least a nice try. I was looking at satbeams some others to test, i saw that 8W was H/V, i tested and i got 20% only, all with plate! i got 3 tp from Congo at 2.8E/3.1E, there i got 43-65%, very strong signal. 20E (Arabsat) i locked all of TP's and i can tell you, it was nice to know, 45% some tp and others 71% stable. 26E i had lock of 33% in 1 tp. Monday i will give a try at 55W. If i have Raw i will let you guys know.

chemdax

Registered
@natedogg20050
Sorry for delay. I was on holiday.
Gibertini 1.5 m no signal.
Ch. Master 1.8 m have a minimum signal.

Last edited:

mrhardylima

Registered
I mean, the LNB he has is enough, but dish needs to be or Mesh or Prime Focus 150cm to get the perfect reception, as you know, only designed C-band dishes are receiving it correctly

Forsat

VIP
Yesterday I'm locked feed of WWE Tough Enough on Asiasat 5...

Signal Quality
- Solid 5ft (1.5m) = 0%
- Solid 6ft (1.8m) = 32%
- Mesh 6ft (1.8m) = 27%
- Mesh 9ft (2.7m) = 38%

natedogg20050

Donating Member
Yesterday I'm locked feed of WWE Tough Enough on Asiasat 5...

Signal Quality
- Solid 5ft (1.5m) = 0%
- Solid 6ft (1.8m) = 32%
- Mesh 6ft (1.8m) = 27%
- Mesh 9ft (2.7m) = 38%

WWE Must be Nuts 38% only with Mesh Dish.

hope to see WWE maybe soon on NS3 or anything else but C-Band
still hope we gonna have a bright future

Francescone

Did you find any NS3 signal in C band during your test? I know just one NS3 transponder at 10 East (Ku band). I heard about other NS3 frequencies but I got no more information unfortunately. Any news about NS3 is very appreciated.

dmr0x

Registered
Barney needs to get a cband lnb on his dish if he has line of sight to 55w and see how his signal fairs, he's a lot further west

dmr0x

Registered
I mean, the LNB he has is enough, but dish needs to be or Mesh or Prime Focus 150cm to get the perfect reception, as you know, only designed C-band dishes are receiving it correctly

offset dishes can be just as effective, its getting the cband LNB perfectly focused thats the tricky bit

WWE Must be Nuts 38% only with Mesh Dish.

hope to see WWE maybe soon on NS3 or anything else but C-Band
still hope we gonna have a bright future

at least cband gives you the option of reception. If it switches to NS3 then theres no chance regardless of dish size :(