Edision OS MIO 4K

cpr43

Registered
Hello

I am planning to upgrade my DM800Hdse with a new Edision OS MIO 4K. Since the Edision is not a Dreambox I will like to ask how or what tools are required to sustitute DCC? What is the latest Oscam for? I guess Winscp, putty or filezilla are required but how does the Oscam ipk is installed to it since opkg/dpkg does not work? Will the installation folders for oscam, Softcam keys , picons will be the same location as the DM800HDse?

Thank you very much

Appreciated

WaRp

(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Staff member
Administrator
If you look at my signature, you'll see my boxes...;)

almost most images have the latest versions of softcam emu on their feed, even the ATV if you first install the softcam-feed-universal you get a great choice of emulator
the oscam you used usually is *ipk so and without DCC you can install it, using a usb can be done

1-0-19-750-C-420-1-C00000-0-0-0-20200511190746.jpg

of course DCC works perfect, look the screenshots below where you'll see the routes you ask
about picon you can use the following locations:
/picon
/media/hdd/picon
/media/usb/picon
/media/cf/picon
/usr/share/enigma2/picon

cpr43

Registered
@vankata
@MadMax

Thank you very much for all the help!! Really appreciated!!
Well explained!!����

cpr43

Registered
Just a quick question for Edision users. Will the Dreambox Channel Editor "Dreambox Edit" works fine with the Edision?

WaRp

(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Staff member
Administrator
"Dreambox Edit" it's for all e2 boxes .. so it works well for mio too

Channel Flicker

Donating Member
Hello, For a download of oscam version from the files section can someone please tell me which oscam type to download for OS Mio? I hope to use with openvix and not sure which filename type to get.

Thank you for any help.

WaRp

(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Staff member
Administrator
go to... menu/information/about and give me a screenshot to see which file you need.

WaRp

(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Staff member
Administrator
hhmmm :confused:

this is not an official image but is an modified image without updates, without nothing
Anyway CPU is ARMv8 whenever you need a version aarch64
in the latest official images this has changed and the CPU is ARMv7 so you can use a simple ARM version

btw, try the attachment but I'm not sure if it will work on such modified images

Channel Flicker

Donating Member
hhmmm :confused:

this is not an official image but is an modified image without updates, without nothing
Anyway CPU is ARMv8 whenever you need a version aarch64
in the latest official images this has changed and the CPU is ARMv7 so you can use a simple ARM version

btw, try the attachment but I'm not sure if it will work on such modified images

Thank you for reply and attached file, yes it is TNAP custom image.
The Mio can have multiboot of 4 images, if it helps to get more known compatible oscam-emu version I can load OpenViX as alternative boot image on the Mio, would that help?

Thank you

WaRp

(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Staff member
Administrator
I know it has a multiboot of 4 images, if you see my signature you will see my boxes :)

I use ATV, PLi 7.3 and SDGR 8, everything is ARMv7
VIX i have never put and do not know

the process you know see what CPU they use ;)

Channel Flicker

Donating Member
I know it has a multiboot of 4 images, if you see my signature you will see my boxes :)

I use ATV, PLi 7.3 and SDGR 8, everything is ARMv7
VIX i have never put and do not know

the process you know see what CPU they use ;)

Hello, thank you, I wll try OpenATV and SatDreamGR as other multiboot images to see what CPU they use. Yes, I see your signature, u have lot of Edision boxes, you are fan :)

WaRp

(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Staff member
Administrator
I already told you that these are ARMv7.....I am fan and Mod there :D

Channel Flicker

Donating Member
I already told you that these are ARMv7.....I am fan and Mod there :D

Sorry, I am not good with the e2 images and cams. I understand it now better re ARMv7 and ARMv8, most os mio oscam are for ARMv7 and ARMv8 might cause issues? if I follow, best to go for image with ARMv7.

If we assume I load image that is ARMv7 on os mio would you please tell me which oscam-emu to install for biss and powervu and to use AddKey plugin for biss

thx for help