i need a new sat box,what 4k box to buy ?.

butchyboy

Registered
hey guys ive 2 sat receivers in mind octagon sf8008 and Zgemma h7s,both are similar in price and both are twin sat inputs.which of the 2 would you pick or think is the better one ?.

I have a old vu+duo and I find the tuners in the vu+ boxes not great,so new box would need to be good with weak feeds etc.

or is there a better sat receiver for a few quid more,say 100 to 200 euros price range.any advice or taughts on this greatly appreciated.

lespat

Registered
I have a Zgemma H7s and am well pleased with its' speed and flexibility for recording with 3 tuners and built-in HDD. Also have a Edision OS Nino Pro and use it for different reasons. Use the Zgemma in the house and the Edision in the motorhome.

butchyboy

Registered
I have a Zgemma H7s and am well pleased with its' speed and flexibility for recording with 3 tuners and built-in HDD. Also have a Edision OS Nino Pro and use it for different reasons. Use the Zgemma in the house and the Edision in the motorhome.

can you lock weak feeds or signals ?.

my old vu+duo will not lock a signal at 50% signal,thats really poor for a vu+duo despite it being old box it should still lock signals.i find vu+ boxes crap for weak signal and as I say I cannot even get a lock on a signal with 50% signal that's ridiculous.

miziolnb

Registered
What are the best boxes to lock weak feeds?

I have a viark combo, if signal is under 60% there are problems.....

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
The VU boxes are excellent but in my experience, a little deaf when it comes to weaker signals.
I am very surprised by that considering their reputation for quality.