Tv Guides on Dreambox

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Sky Italia guide updated, it is no longer limited, it is got about 100 channels now :)
You don't have to do anything you'll notice the difference when viewing Sky Italia listings.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Another update.
new feeds :
PPV Movies
Other channels (atm MBC2,MBC4)

Source of information for ppv guides is ultimatetvguide, and for mbc channels is official site of mbc.

Unfortunately rss reader has a limit of characters it can load from one feed. And some of the ppv guides are too big for it. So I had do split them in two parts.
As for Other channels feed, it is intended for interesting channels that don't belong to some big provider.
MBC2 and MBC4 are FTA and have very good programming so I decide to add them.
They can be found on 7w:
11938 V 27500-3/4

If you have suggestions for that feed I can try adding a channel.

View attachment 4967 View attachment 4968

View attachment 4971 View attachment 4972

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
XML parse errors on few (Premiere, Hungary etc).
Any tips to cure this?

Everything fine here.

Here is some osd shots of premiere guide and hungary.
It should be ok for everyone if it is ok on my box. Unless you got a different feeds.xml.

Raitsa

Registered
Thanks Rocknroll, had to uninstall & reinstall RSS reader, now everything ok again, great work btw ;)

popart

Registered
Hi, I was just wondering why there is no sci fi channel including in the spanish guide!?!?

Thanks & Regards
Popart

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Hi, I was just wondering why there is no sci fi channel including in the spanish guide!?!?

Thanks & Regards
Popart

Thats because it is not available on xmltv which is source for spanish tv guide. I'll try creating a script to grab programming from official sci-fi spain site, convert it to xml and add it to Other Channels feed since the site has detailed programming. I'll let you know when and if it is done.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Ok, added sci-fi programming to other channels feed. The problem is that there is too much content and rss reader can't load everything. But it only cuts out the end of it which is like early morning hours of next day so I guess it is still fine.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Just an advice to get more content to load when needed like for sci-fi you should use resize option in rss reader to get a bigger screen and it will be able to load more text. Or you can just upload this xml to /var/tuxbox/config/rss
it sets reader to use bigger screen.

popart

Registered
Thanks for Sci fi Spain, this is truly becoming the best tvguide for satellite tv on dreambox. Great work.

Cheers
Popart :clapping:

amr999

Registered
thanks for the great effort and work done in producing this TV guide both on the site and the plug-in.
Can you add Digitalb TV in the plug-in?
This would complete the list of all major providers.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
thanks for the great effort and work done in producing this TV guide both on the site and the plug-in.
Can you add Digitalb TV in the plug-in?
This would complete the list of all major providers.

Yes. I agree with that. But unfortunately digitalb doesn't provide listings anywhere. There is person who does a hard work and gets them from epg and writes them, Dedea.
And Satdude does a lot of work to provide them on all the boards.
But I'll check with Satdude if he would be willing to update them on our tv guides page. Then I could use html pages to create rss feed for dreambox guides as well. There will be an update here if that is arranged.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
I've checked with satdude and if it was up to him that would be fine. But dedea doesn't like the idea of people using his work so I am not gonna go against his wishes.
Maybe subscribers can email digitalb and ask why they don't providing listings on their web site. It is very unprofessional of them :)
In any case unfortunately for now we can't have digitalb listings on dreambox for now.

Silvestre

Registered
hello is it possible for you to add Epg for asian channels which are on SKY UK.
star one, star news, star gold, star plus, zee, tv , b4u movies. its a great plugin btw. thanks

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
hello is it possible for you to add Epg for asian channels which are on SKY UK.
star one, star news, star gold, star plus, zee, tv , b4u movies. its a great plugin btw. thanks

I am not sure if those channels are available amongst sky uk channels, at least not all of them. But I'll see what I can do to add them from some other source.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Ok, B4U Movies, Star Plus and Star news added at the bottom of sky uk listings.