Total Commander 7.56 for Windows released!
December 1, 2010: Total Commander 7.56 is now available for download. This version mainly corrects some errors which were found after the release of Total Commander 7.55a, but also adds some minor new features. The most important are:
* Button bar right click menu: Option to run a program as administrator
* Find files: Keep last search results when using "Go to file" or "Cancel"
* Lister and Compare by content: Auto-detect UTF-8 files by their content
* Change Log
- Fixed: New unrar.dll crashes on certain damaged archives -> return to unrar.dll from TC 7.55a
- Fixed: Workaround to possible security flaw in Windows html help module (loading dlls from wrong directory)
- Fixed: Lister, UTF-8 search forward or backward could hang with 255 character search string
- Fixed: F5 copy, option "Copy to all selected folders/links": In branch view, the file was only copied to subdirs, not to the base dir, even if a file was selected there
- Fixed: Synchronize dirs: Highlight text color wrong when not using SyncSelBack option
- Fixed: Do not show old search results in "Expand selection" - "Define"
- Fixed: Master password dialog: Maximum password length (256 characters) could only be entered via copy+paste, not by typing it (3 characters less)
- Fixed: New unrar.dll was hanging on Windows 9x/ME
- Fixed: Could not copy file from inside one archive to archive in other panel if the other was a self-extracting archive from a plugin (e.g. 7zip)