ipbox200s and gemini images

krishax

Registered
Hi. First of all, i`m really noob in sat tv :eek:, but i`m leaning :D

So, i have ipbox 200s and i want install gemini image(v4.20 or 4.40 with deactivated bomb) in it. But don`t know how to flash. Then I select , for example, The Gemini Project 4.40 DM500 MaxVar.img and connect ipbox 200s, i get error : invalid protocol:data header and some numbers.

Maybe someone can write step by step what should i do, to install that image? :rolleyes: :)

B

boxgot

HI krishax
Try this,maybe is OK so.If not sorry.

****>install with Flashtools with a nullmodem serial cable
1. plug decoder in the electricity and simultaneously hold down button on / off and on display-does not appear on the label "serl"
2.start flashtools and clicking on the file chose firmware that you will install which can have an extension. bin or. img
3.press OK button on ipbox-in and wait while the installation does not end, more or less 15 minutes. and on display-in-a ipbox in flashtools-u have in percentages when the installation reached 100% need to do "erase" and "flashing" when the Installation Complete in flashtools-writes done on a screen tv-writes that that can - restart decoder
4. when you restart the hold down button> (right arrow) and pojavice the menu over mid pick, dm7000 mid-cubecafe 200-mid-cubecafè250 mid cubecafè prime etc. for 200s cubecafe 200-mid. firmware for some 200s have automid so that they should not have to chose everything is automatically

Last edited:

krishax

Registered
:) Thanks for reply, but in this way I only maged to flash original ipbox image and highland team image, for other images i got error:

:p i found in the net gemini image for ipbox 200s, flashed it, but now switching on the receiver, it shows only "boot" in the display and ond on the TV nice image with text "The pb"
tried to flash original image for ipbox, flahed ok. But then I switch on receiver i get the same "boot" in the display and ond on the TV nice image with text "The pb". I have damaged bootloader or what? :confused:

i dont know what to do...

peter87

Registered
I have the same problem! Highland image is booting and working, but when i flash image like evolution, sif, gemini etc i get 'boot' on front display and startup logo image on tv screen! I flashed old uboot, new one. no luck..:confused: Can anyone help me please? I really don't know what else to do :(:(

peter87

Registered
I flashed with JTAG and the problem remains. It still displays 'boot' when I flash it with Gemini :(

asaphus

Registered
Highland and fantacy images are DGS-based images and they use different bootloaders.

In order to flash your box with gemini, sifteam and other ENIGMA-based images you should flash the reciever with a bootloader (uboot) for enigma first then flash again with desired image.

When going back to dgs, again same precedure as above but use a bootloader for dgs images before flashing:thum:.

gsnico

Registered
nothing works

i tried alot of gemini images with ip200s but as soon as i reboot all disappear, any ideas?

petrisor

Registered
I have installed SifTeam-1.9.4-200 image and then 'serial_uboot_64' on my ipbox200. Now, when i start the box, appears 8888 on display and nothing happens. I guess I should not have installed 'serial_uboot_64'. What can i do ?