Method of Opening PowerVu Channels in Enigma2 Using Oscam

g_sahota

Registered
BTW my location is in the Philippine Island and I cover 64 east to 172 east.
hello friend
please tell me are you able to open and see intelsat 68.5east ,76.5east and 91.5 east power vu channels?

cupof

Registered
every oscam 10937 with powervu patch
including the one above
crashes oscam after 10 to 20 seconds with biss constant.cw

oscam 10937 no good

oscam-1.20-unstable_svn-r10893
with oscam-emu-10894.patch
biss constant.cw all ok

Last edited:

satmafia

Registered
every oscam 10937 with powervu patch
including the one above
crashes oscam after 10 to 20 seconds with biss constant.cw

oscam 10937 no good

oscam-1.20-unstable_svn-r10893
with oscam-emu-10894.patch
biss constant.cw all ok
I will check it when I'm back home. I have exactly the same configuration beside I was using the previous version and it was working flawlessly with BISS channels that I have tested a few days ago. Maybe it is something related to latest svn version.

cupof

Registered
i compile 10937 myself
thought it was me then i tried 2 different 10937 including the one in your post above
same thing biss with constant.cw oscam crashed
after 10 - 20 seconds

all your other builds i tried biss ok

satmafia

Registered
i compile 10937 myself
thought it was me then i tried 2 different 10937 including the one in your post above
same thing biss with constant.cw oscam crashed
after 10 - 20 seconds

all your other builds i tried biss ok
Okay, it looks to be the version and I will revert after testing it on my xp1000.
Thanks a lot about mentioning the bad behavior of this latest version!

satmafia

Registered
Bingo! oscam svn 10937 is really broken while tuning to any BISS channel. So I've reverted to 10936 as the latest oscam version which is not broken. The final result is:

oscam-svn10936
with oscam-emu
with PowerVU ECM fix patch by @gooseye
with signal catcher patch by @joeuser
using /etc/tuxbox/oscam as config path
with SSL enabled
with IPv6 enabled
with debug disabled

Thanks a lot to @cupof for alerting about the broken version!

This one was tested for more than 10 minutes on Eleven Belgique (BISS) on 13°E and also on AFN (PowerVu) on 9°E.

https://mega.nz/#!dVlnTBhT!cM-OXYBwNl1MuApN9VKCkiyLrH6U1k4iqRU8-2cSHFE

joeuser

Registered
I do not have a mips box anymore to test with, so if someone has tried my patch on a mips box, can you let me know if the cpu usage is lower for powervu csa channels? (Like hbo/cinemax on 4w)

satmafia

Registered
@joeuser: I am using a xp1000 stb based on BCM7358A1 which is exactly a MIPS box, but sadly my multi-LNB dish has no LNB able to reach 4°W atm. I hope that somebody else might be of more help. BTW I saw your post on Streamboard forums that the CSA optimization patch has not been tested on MIPS, so I intentionally haven't built my binary with it (using only your signal catcher patch at http://www.streamboard.tv/wbb2/thread.php?postid=549255#post549255). Will it be safe to use patch with normal DES encrypted channels?

Last edited:

cupof

Registered
i see that the.sniffer
has already put both the signal catcher patch
and CSA optimization patch
in
oscam-emu-10937-with-pvu-opt.patch

Last edited:

boyet05

Registered
I do not have a mips box anymore to test with, so if someone has tried my patch on a mips box, can you let me know if the cpu usage is lower for powervu csa channels? (Like hbo/cinemax on 4w)

I am using dm800HD and confirmed CPU usage is very low atmost on HD channels is 3%. But there is little freezing sometimes.

joeuser

Registered
The patch I made did multiple things.
1. It enables you to make multiple stream connections to oscam-emu/osemu and watch more than one channel from the same transponder at the same time.
2. The signal catcher part was just a fix to the multiple connections to let forked processes close after you disconnect from the stream.
3. Biggest patch is to optimize powervu csa decryption to take advantage of parallel decryption of multiple packets at the same time. (Original decrypts each packet individually.)

@satmafia, it should not affect DES, but I did increase the buffer size (to handle more packets for parallel decryption) and the buffer is use for both csa and des...

joeuser

Registered
I am using dm800HD and confirmed CPU usage is very low atmost on HD channels is 3%. But there is little freezing sometimes.

Thanks for feedback. Yes, I notice also some glitches sometimes. It seems to be when keys are changed. I am looking into a better fix...

cbr900

Registered
Bingo! oscam svn 10937 is really broken while tuning to any BISS channel. So I've reverted to 10936 as the latest oscam version which is not broken. The final result is:

oscam-svn10936
with oscam-emu
with PowerVU ECM fix patch by @gooseye
with signal catcher patch by @joeuser
using /etc/tuxbox/oscam as config path
with SSL enabled
with IPv6 enabled
with debug disabled

Thanks a lot to @cupof for alerting about the broken version!

This one was tested for more than 10 minutes on Eleven Belgique (BISS) on 13°E and also on AFN (PowerVu) on 9°E.

https://mega.nz/#!dVlnTBhT!cM-OXYBwNl1MuApN9VKCkiyLrH6U1k4iqRU8-2cSHFE

This not clearing 9e in my vu+uno with openvix hades0.18

I used the instractions in the op and put the files in /etc/tuxbox/oscam

Do I need to do something else?