Info about DiabloCam

luis fernandez

Registered
Hi guys,
the DUOLABS Diablo CAM 2 Twin v.4 is good for open srg ssr channels?

these are the technical specifications:
ARM7TDMI @ 50Mhz.
FPGA @ 100Mhz processing speed.
RAM: Internal 16KB and External 1024KB.
ROM: 256KB Internal Flash and 2MB Dataflash.
J-tag connection.1 Smartcard Readers Plug-In.
2 Unique serial Numbers internally lasered inside.
Wi-Fi 802.11g connection at 54Mbit/sec.
2 x Smartcard Readers. (1 x ISO and 1 x Plug-In)
Software:

PICO-OS Operating System.
Dataflash internal Filesystem FAT 12.
Fully programmable by PCMCIA secure protocol.
WEP/WPA/WPA2 WLAN security encryption.

Thanks

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
the older diablo cam v2 rev3.9/4.0 etc open ssr/srg anyway newer cam not needed if thats all you want the cam for - but card swap in progress so not known for how much longer

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
No new firmware (except updates of C/S EMU) has come for Diablo CAM for ages I'm afraid. But if you have official Via4 or Via5 card it may work (prob better with official Viaccess CAM for these thou).

If you can pick up a cheap Diablo v2 Rev3.9 or Rev4.0 or a Cheap Millenium card you can enjoy SSR/SRG for as long as its Via2.6 encryption remains. (There's a thread in the Encryptions Chat: http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=244940 section about this package, If I remember as well as the Diablo CAM and Millenium card there was a couple of receivers that had patched EMU where Via2.6 SSR/SRG was open as well).

Other than that Official card or Card Sharing may be your only route. Don't forget Swiss versions of some French channels are also FTA on 9E (TF1, M6, W9: http://en.kingofsat.net/tp.php?tp=2232). And some French channels are also FTA on 5W (France 2*, France 3*, France 5, France Ô, LCP, TMC, TV5 Monde, TV8 Mont Blanc, KTO, Mirabelle TV, Vosges Television, Gong Base, Berbère Télévision). *FTA Most of the time

dimonster

Registered
Hi there.
I'm concidering to buy a Diablo CAM light for my LG TV with internal DVB-S2 tuner and CI+ interface.
So, please, tell me:
1) Is the Diablo CAM compatible to LG TV?
2) Is it possible to enter BISS keys without CAS interface?
3) Is it possible to update software of the Diablo CAM using PCMCIA slot in my notebook?

dimonster

Registered
OK, guys. I've got the Diablo CAM light HW 2.3 and now I can answer this questions by myself.
1) Yes it is. The Diablo CAM is compatible to my LG TV (LG 47LN613V)
2) Yes. Go to TV's menu - Settings - CI menu - Keys - Current channel keys edit
3) No. I inserted the Diablo CAM into the PCMCIA slot of my notebook. The Windows recognised a new hardware and asked for the drivers for it. But there are no drivers for it! :(
The drivers from "CAS Studio" is not suitable for this CAM inserted in my notebook.

By the way, how to delete BISS keys from key list using CAM menu without CAS Interface programmer?
There is the Underworld 1.95 inside.

thefatty

Registered
By the way, how to delete BISS keys from key list using CAM menu without CAS Interface programmer?
There is the Underworld 1.95 inside.

Use the Key Edit menu option instead of the List Keys option. I found with my Diablo2 cam that it was too slow for HD BISS channels, it used to freeze etc.

dimonster

Registered
Yesterday i tried to flash Ipnosis 0.38 firmware into Diablo CAM light 2.3. I noticed the word "DIABLO" at the start of firmware file for "Diablo" and the word "D2ABLO" for "Diablo2" firmware. So, I changed the second byte in Ipnosis 0.38 firmware and renamed the file from .d2u to .dup
But I've got an error during flashing process. The CAS Studio was unable to write to the filesystem of flashed CAM module.
I tried to restore previously made backup. BackUp file wsa uploaded to CAM without any errors, but the CAM was unable to start. After that I installed Underworld firmware, and the CAM is alive again.

thefatty

Registered
Is the cam a Diablo2? if not, have you upgraded it to Diablo2? You need to do this first. You do this in CAS Interface Studio (there is an option to upgrade Diablo > Diablo 2). then just use the original .d2p file

Last edited:

Rickk

Registered
Is the cam a Diablo2? if not, have you upgraded it to Diablo2? You need to do this first. You do this in CAS Interface Studio (there is an option to upgrade Diablo > Diablo 2). then just use the original .d2p file

not worth cost 19 €

dimonster

Registered
No. I did not update my Diablo 2.3 to Diablo 2 using standard procedure, because I do not want to spend my money :). I just want to be a smart-ass freeloader, but I failed. :(

Rickk

Registered
diablo light 2.3 is completely sufficient with underworld 2.16
it is not much anyway
biss + via

it is that you want to insert a map dan horizon 1.04
but also few go

Last edited:

dimonster

Registered
Well... I use Underworld 2.16 for my Diablo CAM light 2.3
As far as know, there are some "exclusive" keys and hacks in the DATA.BIN file. This file came with UW 2.16 firmware. Should I update the DATA.BIN file?