Please help noob user here

shturksat

Registered
Im completely new to this satellite forum and know the bare minimum when it comes to these things.

I recently bought a TM5402HD (upgrade from the TM-MINI). I wanted to set up everything myself as I thought it would be a breeze however that isnt the case.

I have selected the 42.0E Turksat1C2A satellite as thats the only turksat i could see on the menu. The receiver has picked up some channels like TRT HD, TRT SPORTS HD. However I would like to ad CNN TURK HD i have entered the channel information as provided by turksat.com.tr

transponder 12245/27500

My TM-MINI still works fine and have checked that the numbers are in fact the same.

Would appreciate if anyone can advise me on what the problem is and how to fix it.

manic01

Super VIP
12245 H 27500 is Turkey beam are you in that footprint?
If you are you may just need a little tweak, but strange if the mini works off the same sat dish and receives cnn turk ok.

manic01

Super VIP
You wont get turkey beam in UK, you sure you are viewing cnn turk using the mini set up?

Turksat-4A-Turkey.png

manic01

Super VIP
EIRP

Dish(cm)
50dbw = 50-60 4950dbw = 55-65 48 dbw = 60-75 47 dbw = 65-85 46 dbw =75-95

Last edited:

shturksat

Registered
I have checked my mini and i have made a mistake (sorry for the confusion) Im receiving CNN TURK (not hd). However I have tried to add ATV Avrupa (which should work in europe/ avrupa=europe) however it does not pick up anything. The numbers I am using are:

11883/4800/V

EDIT: I am using advance search to add the channels. At the top it says 95%L and 0.0dB(0%) when using those numbers

manic01

Super VIP
I have checked my mini and i have made a mistake (sorry for the confusion) Im receiving CNN TURK (not hd). However I have tried to add ATV Avrupa (which should work in europe/ avrupa=europe) however it does not pick up anything. The numbers I am using are:

11883/4800/V

EDIT: I am using advance search to add the channels. At the top it says 95%L and 0.0dB(0%) when using those numbers
You wont receive anything on that with 0%

shturksat

Registered
Is there a way for me to show my location and provide an image or video to show you on my TM-MINI that im receiving these channels maybe it would help you to see what the issue on my 5402 is.

Also what site can I use to check the beam on each channel?

What do I need to do in order for it not to be 0%?

manic01

Super VIP
If it is not motorised then it looks like it is misaligned slighty.
You will need to adjust the dish or maybe the lnb needs the skew adjusted.
If it works on the mini, what sort of signal strength and quality are you receiving on it as the TM5402 should have a better tuner.

manic01

Super VIP
Right I am about to go offline, anything you want to ask or maybe answer what I asked?

manic01

Super VIP
In theory if it works on the TM MINI everything should work on the TM5402 right?
Yes but depends if the tuner is slightly better on the TM mini, tbh thats a border line signal.
It is either a very small dish or it is misaligned.
Just to be sure make sure your connections are all ok.

shturksat

Registered
Not sure if it helps as you probably already know but TM-MINI is much older than the 5402HD so my new one should be better right.