HD800SE clone + motor positioner

david.haluska

Registered
Hello All,

I would like to ask if somebody have experience with combination of HD800SE clone with openatv 5.3, 6.0, 6.2 I'm unable to make my sat with motorized positioner working under those. Is there some issue with OPENATV + motor?

Thanks,

David

david.haluska

Registered
That is the thing that I do not know exactly what is mounted on the roof. When I configured motor to USALS it is moving when I'm giving it commands from motor configuration, but seems it is not able to move to correct direction. When I selected calibration of go to X it was working like half way when it was going to west it was nicely moving step by step but then to the east it stopped. i know there is no hard limit on motor as when I selected searching satellites on east it was not moving like step by step but moved all the way to the east. I also tried to move motor to 01, 02, 03 presets but seems was not moving at all. Is there any way check what motor I have without going to the roof?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
It does sound like it is a usuals motor as it is responding. But as your not sure what it is im assuming you didnt install it so it could be possible that its not installed correctly giving you the wrong arc.

We need more info really.

Also when you setup usuals if you have a - figure then that needs inputting as west.

david.haluska

Registered
Story behind is that there was very old image - nemesis enigma and I was trying to replace that with openatv but later figured out that there is motor on the roof. Yes that is correct I was not installing it it was installed many years before but was working correctly with old software. Unfortunately backup I made is not working, I made it via bootloader web interface and that is not back flashable. Only I have is photo from basic tuner configuration where is configuration - motor and gps coordinates, and in openatv I selected the same motor and exactly the same coordinates as before.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
It should work if you have set it up the same as the photo.

Menu Setup service searching
Simple
Positioner

Then your coordinates should do it.