Laptop Technical Advice

johnbamia

Registered
HI all ,

Is it recommended to plug in the AC\DC power transformer all the time when I am using my laptop . or. to use the battary all the time and recharge it when need to be rechaged ?

Thanks

howdiesall

Registered
I would suggest you keep it powered up, however I do recommend you leave it run on battery at least once a week. Always remember to leave laptop on until battery completely dies.

johnbamia

Registered
Lap Top Battary Ment.

I would suggest you keep it powered up, however I do recommend you leave it run on battery at least once a week. Always remember to leave laptop on until battery completely dies.

Hi howdiesall

Thank you for the advice . However, please find herewith the DELL TECHNICAL SUPPORT replay to my message concerning the same subject

((Other than to re-charge it, it's actually advisable to remove the battery if you primarily use the AC adapter ))

davey555

Registered
Hi howdiesall

Thank you for the advice . However, please find herewith the DELL TECHNICAL SUPPORT replay to my message concerning the same subject

((Other than to re-charge it, it's actually advisable to remove the battery if you primarily use the AC adapter ))

Interesting advice from dell there, I've had 2 Acers over the last 5 years and never removed the batteries yet!
I drain the battery once every 2 weeks, this is advisable to allow a full drain and re-charge, the battery pack will degrade quicker when not in use (IE. removed from the laptop) due to the nature of their manufacture.
Maybe the advice is given as a result of the large number of 'exploding' laptop batteries.

petpet

Registered
Hello,
as an "old" HP computer engineer, let me give you my 2 cents.
As written above by davey555 it is important to "excesize" the batteries = charging and discharging over the life cycle
I never remove my batteries from teh equipment
I have been using laptops since beginning of the late 80'es traveling in odd environments, and yes, sometimes you can have a dead battery, either on your laptop, palmtop or you cell phone, but in general this does not happen often (for me probably 2-3 times over almost 20 years, with 3-5 units constantly used)
my experience is that Lithium batteries is much more robust than ni-mh used in wireless phones, which last around 2-3 years only

hope your battries will last longer than the processor life cycle
Regards Petpet

meena

Registered
I HAVE ZINOX LAPTOP WINDOWS PROFFESIONAL SP 2 ANYBODY WHO CAN HELP ME WITH MY DIMINISH PRODUCT KEY THE LAST 25 KEYS ARE DKTRB