Protection in receivers against shortcuts

chivaz

Registered
Hello, I don´t know in which forum I shall send these lines so I try here. Do you know if a modern satellite receiver has protection circuits inside which protects against shortcuts in the antenna cable, and which can be reset afterwards if the case is opened? The reason for wondering is that I have probably have got a fault depending on a temporary shortcut in an antenna connection and the F-contact back in the receiver. The DiSEqC circuits seems not to work any more, although all menus seems ok in the receiver but I think that the signals are not going out to the DiSEqC-switch on the roof. I have been on the roof and also changed the DiSEqC-switch but nothing helps. I have full quality for LNB and cable connections but no signals!

Now afterwards I have found that probably there has been a shortcut just in the F-contact connection with the antenna-cabel near the back of the receiver. Have you heard about such a problem?
The receiver (TARGA TSR5100HDD), I now have is working fine but only just in one of the 4 positions the DiSEqC-switch has.
Do I have to buy a new receiver? This little problem seems to cost me a lot:mecry: