Dual recording fix

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Thanks to Kneubi for this.
And please don't complain if something is not working perfect, it is just partial solution to have better chance of dual recording/decrypting on two different TPs until real solution comes from dgstation.

I have wrote a simple ioctl_helper library, which might workaround some dual recording issues with mgcamd on cuberevo/ipbox9000.

This library catches all ioctl calls from mgcamd and tries to remap some of them to the right slot of stapi.

But keep in mind, that this will probably not solve all issues, as it is impossible to fix everything from outside...

It might be great, if some of you could do also some test, as i have only one scrambled transponder on my DVB-C network i am very limited in testing, but the following things have worked for me:

1. Scheduled recordings have worked even when i have not switched off the box on this transponder, so if this would work for other peoples also this might be quite helpfull.
2. pip sometimes work it depends if this transponder is already allocated to another pti

I did not have the possibility to try if it works when two pti would use the same smartcard through newcs.

You can test the library as follow:
1. copy the attached library ioctl_helper.so to /var/lib
2. find your startscript for mgcamd
2. add the following lines before the line which starts mgcamd:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/var/lib
export LD_PRELOAD=ioctl_helper.so

Then restart and give it a try...