Interaction with sbox process

fortean

Registered
Hi, folks.

Seems to me the sbox process is the main process that handles the interaction with the user. AFAICS, there are some named pipes (e.g. /dev/commander and /dev/weboutput) that are set up to communicate with this process.

I wonder if there are specifications available, hence: is there a detailed list of which strings you can send to the sbox process using which pipes / other IPC?

Last edited:

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Unfortunately dgstation haven't been very forthcoming in providing such information to users. I assume they at least provide it to developers.
But I hope they'll provide such information to the public as it gives more people a chance to do something useful with it rather then just handful of people they've flagged as developers.

fortean

Registered
If they really want to make this box a big success, they MUST provide this type of information. After all, I am not asking for the source code of SBOX (though I would not mind having it), I simply want to know how to address the various controls from the CLI.

Any idea, gents, where one can reach the developers?

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Dgstation listed this email as a help for those insterested in doing some work on ipbox:

dev.plugin(at)dgstation.co.kr

But whether you'll get an answer I don't know.

fortean

Registered
Thanks. I also found another address, hidden in the SBOX code. I have sent them an e-mail, hope they will answer, will keep you posted.

StanMT

Registered
there is also a dev called relookevent...cat'ing it gives an on going o/p such as Ðq7ÇÐqÐqcÈÐqÇÈÐ continuously

i wonder what it is???