Need a Super DVB Card

ssjgoku24

Registered
Hello everyone,

This is my first post here at Sat-Universe.

I am just starting to get into dvb sat cards and I need to find one that suites my needs. Just to start off the pc that I have is defiantly HD capable with a Q6600 cpu, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia 9800GX2, and 1.5 TB hdd space.

Currently I am looking for a card that is dual or more turner and US capable. I would like the card to be able to pickup sat dish signal and terrestrial signal (if that is possible). I also want the card to be HD capable (1080i or p). If there is a card out there like this could someone let me know. Also if possible I would like the card to be Vista x64 too, but if not it is okay.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

picosie

Registered
Hello to you too and welcome to world of DVB ;)

this answer may seem too typical but this is what i think.
as a new-comer you need to go for something that is widely used and thus well-supported instead of some fancy card with lots of stunning features (and perhaps a high price too) which is around for a couple of years maybe.

in that case i recommend skystar2 DVB card to you. it's perhaps *the* most common card used by DVB users and most widely supported one on the net.

as for your other concerns:
-HD viewing is more depended on the software you use than the card. i personally watch HD with ss2 and AltDVB myself with no problem (and your PC seems that can handle it)

-i don't no what you mean by a two tuner card but if you mean a DVB-T and a DVB-S card in one package, i am not sure such a card exists.
and if you mean viewing or recording several channels with one card you already can do it with one tuner as long as your desired channles are on the same Transponder (same frequency).

PS. if you decided on getting a ss2 check that your MB's chipset isn't nForce4. there are serious problems seen from the combination.

ssjgoku24

Registered
Thank you Picosie,

By dual Tuner I mean it is able to pick up multiple channels at a time. Such as watch a channel and be recording a channel or be recording two channels at a time. I have an Intel x38 chipset so I should not have a problem with that. Also is that particular card Vista x64 capable?, will it work in North America, and where is the best place to buy the card.

Last edited:

picosie

Registered
as far as i know ss2 comes with only one tuner and thus for multiple channel recording you are limited to those channels on the same frequency you are already viewing with your card.

this card is originally made by German Technisat. u can have a look here:

http://www.technisat.com
http://www.technisat.com/index34d2.html?nav=PC_products,en,76

i believe there are Vista drivers available too (check above links)

and finally i think Satellite broadcasters use the same standard in US and EU and u will have no problem in that regard (it's digital broadcasting with DVB standard,i.e MPEG2 what difference can there be?)

chris

if we need a best dvb-s card try at twinhan's web
twin vision plus for hdtv and sdtv if we need to
watch our favorite satellite channels via our pc
log on here:

Code:
http://www.twinhan.com/