help please...

nedal26

Registered
hi all

i have problem it`s: microsoft error reporting temporary files

i can`t dawnload any file it`s open and start dawnloaded very well but it sdnly stop i try to erase this report use the diskclean up and i use the tunup too but i failed???

what can i do?

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
You should quote exactly the error you are getting, it would probably be easier to get help then.

nedal26

Registered
the problem that since this report( microsoft error reporting temporary files) appear on my disk cleanup i can`t dawnloaded any file...

and i do my best 2 find the error but i faild so what is the problem ?

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Well I don't know how that could have caused you being unable to download any files, but only thing that at least remotely seems related is suggestion from microsoft on how to manually delete temporary files, so maybe you could try that:

Manual step to remove temporary files
To manually resolve this problem, delete all the files in the current user's Temp folder, and then delete all the user's temporary Internet files. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Run, type %temp%, and then click OK to open the Temp folder.
2. In the Temp folder, click Select All on the Edit menu, press the DELETE key, and then click Yes to confirm that you want to send all the items to the Recycle Bin.
3. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Internet Options.
4. On the General tab, click Delete Files.
5. Click to select the Delete all offline content check box, and then click OK.
6. Click Start, and then click My Computer.
7. Right-click the drive that you want to clean, and then click Properties.
8. Click Disk Cleanup to run the Disk Cleanup tool again.

baloota

Registered
other solution

Code:
1.Click Start, and then click Run.
2.Type regedit in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
3.Locate, and then click the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches

4.On the File menu, click Export, and then click Desktop, type VolumeCaches in the File name box, and then click Save.

Note This step creates a backup of the VolumeCaches registry key. If you experience any problems after you complete the steps that are listed in this procedure, you can use this backup to restore the VolumeCaches key to its original state. To restore the key, double-click the VolumeCaches.reg file on your desktop, and then click Yes.

5.Expand the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches

6.Delete the Compress old files registry key.
7.Quit Registry Editor.

Or, The Disk Cleanup Tool Stops Responding