Urgent request from professionals !!!!!!!

egyptian_knight

Registered
Dear friends, can anyone tell me what is the best satellite digital receiver, including model number.
Please provide the URL for the model.

I need a receiver that works 24/7 without hanging up.

Waiting your reply, Thanks in advance.

Pattyren

VIP
Well that is a bit of a difficult question because it depends on how much you want to get into the hobby.

Linux based boxes (like dreambox) are among the best for those who want to go into the hobby and want to experiment a bit but it is not for those who just want to "plug and play". If you want something user friendly with no playing about look for receivers like Humax, Echostar etc (there are many to choose from)

qasimsfpl

Registered
i think that ecolink in the best receiver now a day. the modle el 700 fta the softwear is working ok.

SATTK

Registered
I don't know about consumer stuff but the best commercial receivers are (Ericsson RX8200) or (Adtec RD-70). These are professional broadcast grade (IRD) receivers & are not cheap! Also use Norsat PLL LNB's

Francescone

If you need an affordable receiver for 24/7 usage, you can't use any consumer box. Ericsson RX8200 was just mentioned, similar professional receivers are Sencore MRD5800 and ATEME Kyrion DR5000. All these boxes are widely configurable based on your needs, and can provide very high broadcast quality.

Last edited: