C-Band/Ka-Band Reception in the UK (Dish Project: LNBs, Dish, Alignment) - Post your results here...

Pages : [1] 2

empb
19-05-2013, 13:50
A friend will be re-installing/re-aligning my Dish next month as I am sick of getting nothing from 4W, when I know I used to get some of the Beams (also lost ENTV on 5W).

My East Arc is set up stronger at Present (Badr4 26E superb even in bad weather). But I think we Aligned on 13E and adjusted on 26E last time, need to do it right on 0.8W/1W this time (my reception Satellite Arc is generally 45E to 46W (telegraph pole obstructing a big arc).

I seem to remember the Baltic Beams were the weakest receivable ones in the UK at 0.8W/1W but I can't remember the frequencies to use, can anyone help? (11747H ?, 12687H ?)

I'm using a Triax TD110, location North West England & will prob replace the LNB and use a Inverto Quad LNB to supply my Topfield twin tuner, Manhattan twin tuner, Spiderbox HD9000 and Humax HD receivers.

I am also considering adding C-Band but it would be an offset LNB ie something like:

http://www.creativesatellite.co.uk/contents/media/televesholder.jpg

don't know what type of arm but would be Ku-Band Prime, C-Band offset, anyone think this would work for 3.3E C-Band in the UK and any other C-Band between 46E and 31.5W (e.g. 5W, 20W)

LilleMama
19-05-2013, 14:56
I suguest check http://www.lyngsat.com/ for the transpoders that are the weakes .
For Danish users it generaly 13e for dish allignment .
Recheck your pole is 100 % in level .

empb
19-05-2013, 15:08
Lyngsat only gives you a general info (eg dBW / EIRP) based on manufactures supplied footprint info, satellite manufactures supplied infos. (Although some information is based on there own reception reports, which I believe are London based, not North West England).

Weakest signal (beams was prob the wrong word to use!!! :o) depend on your location, which is why I mentioned Location: North West England.

mdt
22-05-2013, 10:22
you shouldn't miss 3E:

http://www.eutelsat.com/files/contributed/jahia/satellites/coverage/EUTELSAT_3A_C-band_Regional_Downlink_Coverage.png

And a good one to start with. I'd forget the c band lnb's feedhorn even if it is an offset one, just don't fit it so you can get them as close as possible as you are pushing it on C Band on a 1.1. Also cover the C Band lnb's cap with plastic to make it waterproof as C Band lnbs are designed for prime focus dishes which means they always face down so only usually have drain holes but on offset dishes they point upward.

You can make a second lnb holder easy enough for a c band lnb with a U bolt - 65mm I think (can't remember tbh).

In offset on a motorised it isn't as good as you move away from the top of the arc as if you use an inclined actuator & fit it above the ku lnb so you get all the focus (not easy on a Triax ) & at 1.m- 1.05m you are already on the limit. There's a lot of C Band up there though, don't forget there's circular & linear so access to swap the dielectric plate's not a bad idea either.

the 6 degree offset does work on a td110 although reception site is down south and he did use lightweight ku-band ultra lnb's. thanks to satellites.co.uk/@vipersan for the picture. regards mdt

uydudunyasi
22-05-2013, 10:22
Keep the LNBs as close as possible to use as much as the dish/signal as possible ie:

No one said it doesn't work, but getting the C band closer to the KU in the focus by losing the feedhorn is a better trade off on a smaller dish, I've fitted several of the C Band offset feedhorn designs & tested them with or without feedhorns and unless you have a serious interference problem you'll be better off on a small dish without it to get closer to the focus, you make a feedhorn that has a cut out for the ku though, even better.

Properly installing the LNBF on your dish is critical. After attaching the scalar ring to your support arms, you should confirm that it is pointing to the center of your dish. One way to do this is to measure from the edge of your dish to the edge of the scalar ring in several places around your dish. These measurements should be the same. If not, your feed is not pointing to the center of your dish and will not perform as intended.
After finding a signal, turn the LNBF to find the best polarity performance. Do this on both polarities. Carefully move the C-Band LNB toward the dish and away from the dish to find the best operating distance. After finding the best possible performance tightens the set screw to hold the LNBF in place.

mdt
22-05-2013, 21:57
so your saying drop the scalar feed on a off-set arrangment for better results then? what about as a prime focus? ive been toying with the idea and have done alot of reading on it and results seem to vary with dielectric plate or no plate, pre-made scalar ring/home made scalar ring. ive got an old iss 1m here and im considering adding a c-band lnb for experiments as personally i dont like the off-set idea and adding an inclanation jack,v-box to my gibby 1.25 or td110 is beyond me although ive never seriously looked into it. what do you mean by make a feedhorn that has a cut-out for the ku? is it so you can add your ku lnb and c lnb on the same feed? regards mdt

uydudunyasi
22-05-2013, 21:59
Yes:

on a smaller offset dish with a c band in offset - yes, just drop the feedhorn or do a cut out version- the hole that the ku band lnb's feed horn fills will do more or less the job of the bit that's missing anyway & cut a bit of the c feedhorn's scala rings away to make sure the ku can still see all the dish, should do 80%-90% of the original shielding wise - it would be the same for a prime focus & you had a side by side ku/c setup but obviously it's a flat feedhorn.

They wouldn't be in the same feed but still side by side, touching, although it's an idea & you do get combi's but they usually lose too much.

A dielectric plate converts the C Band LNB which is by default linear (H & V like a universal lnb) to circular (L & R). If you just put a 13k C Band LNB with or without feedhorn on the ISS 1m taped on the lnb holder focused & skewed correctly & aimed it at 3e (I'd use a ku band LNB to get the right aim 1st) you should pull in the horizontal C Band on there quite easily. The circular on there goes somewhere else otherwise you'd get that too with the plate inserted.

empb
22-05-2013, 22:00
So as the majority of C-Band in the UK (on the Satellites mentioned earlier in this thread) have L / R circular polorization I would need to leave the dielectric plate fitted. Or remove it to get alignment with strong Linear 3E C-Band transmission and then re-fit it as I would want to get the circular L / R channels?

I also found this: http://xxx.purplesat.com/index.php?p=1_88_C-BAND-IN-THE-UK

uydudunyasi
22-05-2013, 22:02
Both:

You can receive circular or linear in an lnb with or without a dielectric plate if you can get enough signal in it, it will still impart so much of it's energy on the antenna and at that point it's the same to the lnb & receiver just as a horizontally polarized signal on a vertical antenna, if there's no conflict & it's strong enough to lock you can receive it.
There can be quite a difference with or without a dielectric plate for circular though & using a 1m dish you need every last drop but inserting a dielectric plate has it's own associated losses & leaving it in for linear is a bit like putting a pencil in front of the feedhorn, I think it's about 1/2 or -3dB, I'd just start with 3e linear c band, best place to start & that should come in next to a ku lnb on a motorised 1m.

empb
23-05-2013, 20:53
Footprints from Lyngsat (thanks LilleMama for suggestion :thum:)

Eutelsat 5 West A @ 5W (C-Band Coverage):

http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/footprints/Eutelsat-5-West-A-C.png

Arabsat 5C @ 20E (C-Band Coverage):

http://www.arabsat.com/Uploads/Satellites/Medium/634483284171093750.jpg

Looking forward to testing C-Band @ 30.5E, 20E, 10E, 3.3E, 5W & 11W in the UK. Reading info I would hope to get something from 3.3E and the 2 at 5W, 20E whose footprints are shown above.

empb
25-05-2013, 13:11
Are there any non DIY brackets with less than 6 degree between LNBs available that will work for 1 Ku-Band & 1 C-Band LNB, and what about weight issues on the LNB arm that I have read about issues with elsewhere?

I also read about LNBs which provide both C-Band and Ku-Band from the same LNB.

And how much signal is likely to be lost by not using the Dielectric Plate as obviously Linear H/V is required from the Ku-Band: http://www.galaxy-marketing.com/images/Dielec1.jpg But Circular R/L is required from the C-Band.

Anyone got any feedback on C-Band LNBf's.....

The BSC621-2D Dedicated Universal C/Ku Band Linear LNB LNBf sounds good Linear Ku-Band & Circular C-Band in one LNB:

http://www.thesatelliteshop.net/images/bsc621.png

Should your area require the Ku and C polarities be opposite you can follow these simple instructions to change your BSC621-2D C/Ku LNBF.

Separate the C and Ku housings by removing the three screws that hold them together.

Remove the LNBF from the Ku housing by removing the 'F' connector nut and pushing on the 'F' connector until the LNBF is pushed out of the housing. Use care not to damage the 'F' connector.

In the picture below, using the left slot will make your Ku polarity the same as your C polarities. Using the right hand slot will make your polarities opposing or reversed.

http://www.dmsiusa.com/images/bsc621-2d-pol/bsc621-2d-1.jpg

http://www.dmsiusa.com/images/bsc621-2d-pol/bsc621-2d-2.jpg

Conical Scalar with mounting bracket made for our HOTDISH90 offset dish but fits many other dishes. Use this Conical Scalar on the BSC421 or BSC422 with the HOTDISH90 and get C-band signals from the strong C-band satellites. Great for getting those C-band signals you always wanted without exceeding the 1 meter or smaller dish rule.

3 bolts to mount the scalar to the LNBF.

Includes the dish mounting bracket.

May also be used on the BSC-621-2D, BSC621-2, BSC621 and most LNBFs on the market.

http://www.dmsiusa.com/images/conical-1.jpg

Anyone else tried a similar project? And give me some advice please?

rizwanawan
28-05-2013, 15:03
Is there any Scalar ring needed for KU-Band ? , like Invacom LNB have. Mostly on prime focus Dishes, not on Off set :confused:

mdt
28-05-2013, 17:38
Is there any Scalar ring needed for KU-Band ? , like Invacom LNB have. Mostly on prime focus Dishes, not on Off set :confused:

the feed is built into a lnbf or a matched feedhorn for the dish if using a c120 lnb. all lnbf,s have a scalar ring-feed inside them its that they are enclosed in plastic,regards mdt

AceB
01-06-2013, 19:28
Don't bother with a dualband LNB, they're crap on Ku. ESX241 is a good performer for a C band LNB and cheap too. The dielectric plate that comes with it is OK but it's easy to make one that performs better. DoctorOfSat has a design that is a similar size but will give a couple of dB more to circular signals.

1-1.1m is really really small for C band, 3E will produce some signals, 20E, 5W, 40W, maybe 58W but not much more.

empb
01-06-2013, 20:13
If I get some C-Band channels from the 4-5 satellites (3.3E, 20E, 5W & 11W) then its more than I am getting now. So for a day re-installing the dish and 30 quid or so for new LNBs and a another 60-80 for brackets (DIY or otherwise), Colins electrical engineering experience and scaffolding is worth it, for the hobby.

I've decided on the Smart Titanium Rocket Single Universal 0.1db LNB for Linear Universal Ku-Band and the BSC421 for Circular C-Band, can you give me more info on this "improved" dielectric plate..... any extra gain is good :) :thum:

Prob going to modify one of those metal multi LNB rails, unless the Twin version of the Multifeed allows the LNBs to be closer:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/TRIPLE-MULTIFEED-23mm-OR-40mm-SOILD-PLASTIC-LNB-HOLDER-/07/!BvwFv,QBmk~$(KGrHqMOKjcEveeZ11LiBMF4G02SBw~~_1.JPG

empb
05-06-2013, 20:38
@EMPB do you have your td110 up again now? and if so are you having any luck? regards mdt

Not yet no :( booked the week off 15th to 23rd June (except Friday the 21st!!! Hopefully just phone in on the day!!!), scaffolding going up below the window/dish bracket line late next week.

Going for the Smart Titanium Rocket Single LNB for Ku-Band on the LNB arm and using a 4 Degree bracket*[/URL] fitting a DMS International BSC421 C-band LNB offset.

Align on Intelsat 10-02 @ 0.8W with Ku-Band. Test Badr4 @ 26E, then Test weak signals at Astra 4A @ 4.8E (Viasat SoftN*D*S channels and MagiSat Biss channels) and then add the C-Band LNB on the 4 Degree offset to get the 3.3E Eutelsat 3A/B/C(?) C-Band channels and then take it from there.

*In an ideal world but more than likely to be 4 Degree+ spacing (1W/3E etc) we will only find out when we get it up and get the LNBs as close together as we can........ :thum:

edit: copied from Encryptions Chat thread Eutelsat (2M MENA, 2M Monde, 2M National) 3.1E

mdt
05-06-2013, 21:58
check 7.3w and earth tv on 15west to peak the west side aswell,regards mdt

edit: moved from Encryptions Chat thread Eutelsat (2M MENA, 2M Monde, 2M National) 3.1E

empb
05-06-2013, 22:49
Never been able to catch anything from 7.3W but I take it there are tp's on it like Badr4 that can be got in the UK?:

http://www.eutelsat.com/files/live/sites/eutelsatv2/files/contributed/jahia/satellites/coverage/EUTELSAT_7WA_Ku-band_MENA_Downlink_Coverage.png

Been told in my neck of the woods 90cm-1m should be enough for strong tp's in good weather.

But yes will test 5W & 15W as well

mdt
06-06-2013, 10:31
try 10.727.h.30000/10.758.v.27500/11.296.h.27500/11.431.v.27500/12.437.v.27500/12.467.h.27500. there are also a few txp,s on nilesat 102 but these are weaker still. i get 451 channels from 7.3 which hold up in normal rain. i dont bother with nilesat 102 really. you should also get a couple hundred channels off amos 2/[email protected] aswell but these are slightly weaker for me.

empb
21-06-2013, 21:58
Well my Triax dish is back up on its wall mount bracket, set up at 1W/0.8W for now with just the Ku-Band Smart Titanium Rocket Single LNB.

Setting up the rest tomorrow.

Spiderbox HD9000 does not seem to operate Vertical High band correctly now? :mecry: High/Low Band, Vertical/Horizontal works on loop-through from my Topfield TF4000 PVR thou...

And meant to ask what material is best to waterproof the C-Band LNBf? :confused:

Coastman
22-06-2013, 19:54
Pleased you are now up and running again i imagine it has been very frustrating for you. Not sure why the problem has occurred with the spider only thing i can think os is to patch it again as assume a while since you used it but it does strange things time to time think its a bug in the software. Will be interested to see the findings you get from the c band part of it as got identical set-up to you and been thinking of going down similar route with the lnb you have mentioned. Do not know about waterproof of the lnb am sure someone will advise. Good luck.

empb
22-06-2013, 20:37
Got the Arc tracking just a little alignment to do:

nothing from 3.1E/2.8E or 7.3W

4.8E, 21.6E, 26E, 7E and others not perfect
(Not even getting the 'strong' 21.6E 10731V 27500 3/4 WideBeam DVB-S QPSK transponder, is it at lower power than normal for you?) :confused:

46E coming in loud thou :)

empb
07-07-2013, 18:36
4W a few locking at 26% on the Topfield TF4000 signal meter.

7.3W nothing as yet.

3.3E C-Band: 3764H SR 20330 FEC 2/3 (DVB-S QPSK) (Ku-Band looking at 0.8W, so a 4 Degree Offset) Coming in as Vertical (LNB skewed?) on my Humax fine...

Thanks to Colin and his Sat Meter and Patience without which I wouldn't have got as far...but its looking good and close to completion of the project. Pictures to be uploaded in the upcoming few weeks....(Completed in time for the forthcoming FA Premiership & Championship season)

mdt
07-07-2013, 18:44
Got the Arc tracking just a little alignment to do:

nothing from 3.1E/2.8E or 7.3W

4.8E, 21.6E, 26E, 7E and others not perfect
(Not even getting the 'strong' 21.6E 10731V 27500 3/4 WideBeam DVB-S QPSK transponder, is it at lower power than normal for you?) :confused:

46E coming in loud thou :)

(Not even getting the 'strong' 21.6E 10731V 27500 3/4 WideBeam

this is the weakest transponder for me on 21.6east at 5.5/6 db
im getting 72% sq on 12.476.v.27500 on 4.8e and over 450 channels from 7.3w at between 50sq-60sq on my TM6800HD super+ with smart tit lnb.glad your c-band is working though,regards mdt

empb
07-07-2013, 19:49
im getting 72% sq on 12.476.v.27500 on 4.8e

I'm getting this (TV2 Denmark 12476V 4.8E) at 98%-100% on the Topfield TF4000 PVR's meter now m8, the post you quoted was from over two week ago... (22-06-2013) :D :thum:

As for 7.3W we are further North so more difficult. But agree should get something as Colin's very similair (same dish / lnb but Technomate receiver) set up gets some 7.3W. Maybe just a nudge or two East or West will get me a lock using USUALS or maybe I need a better low threshold receiver like the Technomates.... ;)

Need to lock down the C-Band LNB so it won't move in high winds and then have more of a go at tuning hard to get stuff in..... :D:rolleyes:;)

empb
17-07-2013, 20:56
Getting the RSCC channels including Rossia 2 (Sport), Rossia 1, Rossia 24 (News), ORT1 Russia (Perviy Kanal1), NTV Russia (HTB)...... :thum:

@ 11W (Express AM44) 4013R (V*) SR 10050 FEC 3/4 (Global Beam, tp15) Modulation: DVB-S2 8PSK

Hoping Россия 2 (Rossia/Rossiya 2 Sport) still shows UK Footie.... anybody know?

11W also has a great UK C-Band coverage:

http://eng.rscc.ru/userfiles/sputniks/am44-1.gif

I'm looking at a 4 Offset at the moment [Which means of the 1.06m Dish the C-Band is using just under around 1.04m, So anything at 38 dBW or above on the footprints is game....as per the perplesat.com list of C-Band channels]. (It's probably not as good as stacking the LNBs but worried about the High Sea Winds we get at times here in Blackpool)

0.8W Ku-Band (package UPC Direct etc) = 3.3E C-Band (Libya LRT etc)
15W Ku-Band (NBC feeds, EARTH TV, byu tv) = 11W C-Band (RSCC Channels)

....still struggling with 5W C-Band, should be around 9W Ku-Band....watching Rossia for now :thum:

....and as suspected no joy with Yamal 202 @ 49E, when I point Ku-Band at 45E....

*On receiver/tuners without the L / R circular polarization selection options H=L and V=R

Coastman
18-07-2013, 19:19
For empb: As i mentioned i am thinking of going down the route you have with the lnb for c/ku band and have same size dish as you 1.1 so do you feel the effort you have gone to has been worthwhile and are getting out of it what you expected? Also more crucially for me to know since the lnb was put on are you getting then same signal levels on all ku-band transponders that you had before or even better?.

empb
18-07-2013, 22:06
I am actually getting better Ku signals now (but thats because after testing the Inverto Black Premium Twin V Smart Titanium Universal V An Older MTI? Twin low noise high gain 0.1, decided the older LNB gave noticeably better results on a broad range of sats and freqs) with the older twin MTI? LNB signal so strong the Spiderbox has to have an in-line attenuator to reduce signal strength on very strong sats (eg Astra 19.2E).

But did not go for the Ku/C-Band LNB in the end just one of the newer better noise figure ones (BS421) ie the reason why I mentioned an offset:

I'm looking at a 4 Offset at the moment [Which means of the 1.06m Dish the C-Band is using just under around 1.04m, So anything at 38 dBW or above on the footprints is game....as per the perplesat.com list of C-Band channels]. (It's probably not as good as stacking the LNBs but worried about the High Sea Winds we get at times here in Blackpool)

0.8W Ku-Band (package UPC Direct etc) = 3.3E C-Band (Libya LRT etc)
15W Ku-Band (NBC feeds, EARTH TV, byu tv) = 11W C-Band (RSCC Channels)

....still struggling with 5W C-Band, should be around 9W Ku-Band....watching Rossia for now :thum:

*On receiver/tuners without the L / R circular polarization selection options H=R and V=L

Only got C-Band on 11W & 3.3E at the moment, nice to see Россия 2 (aka Rossia 2 / Rossia Sport / Rossiya 2 / Russia 2) again, and that they are still heavy on Football, F1 etc content

Still some tweaking to do (ie only have 3 C-Band transponders tuned atm)...will put up pics when finished, hopefully in time for the new Championship & Premiership season and Champions League and Cup competitions....

And of course around the time I decided to do this the number of Ka-Band Satellites over Europe has increased (not just the Irish 9E channels anymore!)...next summer maybe!!!! :D:rolleyes:

edit 19/07/13 8:23: Just got a blip from 5W 4163 L 1500 - RADIO AFRICA .... 5W:thum:

empb
20-07-2013, 10:31
Just realized why my tracking keeps going out (perils of not setting your East / West dish limits!!!) the new cladding on the back wall has stolen a massive 14 from me!!!! :( :mad: :mecry:

Used to get 45W as my West Limit, now its 31.5W and then the dish touches the wall......

Admittedly not much in Ku-Band for Europe between 31.5W & 45W, Occ. US feeds and RASD TV, Al Nassr TV on 45W

So no chance of catching RTI1 & 2 on 34.5W C-Band, grrrrr!!!

So ropey 5W, excellent 11W & good 3.3E (Linear reception with Circlar Dielectric plate fitted). Nothing from 10E (Position 6E Ku), 20E (Position 16E Ku), 18W (Position 22W Ku), 22W (Position 24W Ku) or 27.5W (Position 31.5W Ku) yet but not fitted the Conical Scalar ring (Toying with removing the internal small Dielecric plate and fitting a large external Dielectric plate made from plastic breadboard or similair which may wipe out Linear reception completely but boost Circular) with cut out for Ku-Band LNB yet......

aerosmith
20-07-2013, 13:32
You are doing a lot of setting up there! I keep thinking about c band myself but it looks like the cost and setting up is a lot of work. Worth it in the long run I suppose. I'll use another dish if I ever try though.

empb
20-07-2013, 14:02
You are doing a lot of setting up there! I keep thinking about c band myself but it looks like the cost and setting up is a lot of work. Worth it in the long run I suppose. I'll use another dish if I ever try though.

Not really. Been at it for 4-6 weeks but only a couple of hours each weekend....

aerosmith
20-07-2013, 16:33
Children are my main problem. What is the average cost though?

empb
20-07-2013, 19:15
For me Standard Single Output C-Band LNB 13K (BS421) 20 or less + 10 or less P&P = 30 plus 15 inc P&P for the extra Conical Scalar Ring
and brackets = 10 + 5 P&P = 15 TOTAL 60 (Make that about 90 because I bought a Smart Titanium LNB inc P&P but used my older MTI 0.3db LNB in the end)

If your not Modifying an existing dish and don't have another dish then there's the cost of the 2nd dish and Motor. And if you go for the Ku/C-Band LNB it's about 20 more......

aerosmith
30-07-2013, 23:44
Have 2nd dish but probably way too small to receive anything reasonably well on c band (1.2m), 2nd motor in reserve too.

mdt
31-07-2013, 00:26
Have 2nd dish but probably way too small to receive anything reasonably well on c band (1.2m), 2nd motor in reserve too.

you will get the stronger birds on a 1.2m dish... 3e/5w/14w and a couple of others. give it a try and report your findings,regards mdt

aerosmith
31-07-2013, 01:02
Yeah but problem would be 1.2m dish is an offset just as the 1st. As far as I can remember an offset is not really any good for c band. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I have never performed any c band installations before (never been asked to) all ku. Good to know c band lnb is less expensive than I would have thought though.

mdt
01-08-2013, 19:27
Yeah but problem would be 1.2m dish is an offset just as the 1st. As far as I can remember an offset is not really any good for c band. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I have never performed any c band installations before (never been asked to) all ku. Good to know c band lnb is less expensive than I would have thought though.

@empb is using a triax td110 offset dish along with a few others with decent results. if you have the dish and motor already like you say you can pick a c-band lnb up pretty cheap and do some experiments. another thing is you can pick up a cheap jonsa 1.8m petalised dish for about 100 and although they are not the best and pretty poor for Ku C band is more forgiving. i guess its all down to your own perticular location, funds available and if you want them or not but its worth a punt imo. @empb have you tried ses-6 at 40.5west yet?,regards mdt

aerosmith
01-08-2013, 23:18
@empb is using a triax td110 offset dish along with a few others with decent results. if you have the dish and motor already like you say you can pick a c-band lnb up pretty cheap and do some experiments. another thing is you can pick up a cheap jonsa 1.8m petalised dish for about 100 and although they are not the best and pretty poor for Ku C band is more forgiving. i guess its all down to your own perticular location, funds available and if you want them or not but its worth a punt imo. @empb have you tried ses-6 at 40.5west yet?,regards mdt

I will just have to get myself some more low loss coax and a c band lnb then and try some experiments later in thr year. Got to wait for leg to get better first along with chest after quadruple by pass op you see 6 weeks ago. Thanks for info I thought it would be more difficult and expensive!

empb
09-02-2014, 21:14
Going to fit a second dish (re-install one of my older ones - Televes 1.1m) my old Arc was 45W-45E (because East Limit not removed from motor [Hardware Limit] & West because it touches the wall at that point). My current Arc on Ku-Band Triax TD110 (1.06m) is 30W-53E (and further East). I lost 15 degrees when the cladding was fitted (ie dish now touches the wall at 30W :(

And hopefully get back round to 40.5W and have one dish for Ku Band & one dish for C Band!

empb
24-02-2014, 23:48
Going to fit a second dish (re-install one of my older ones - Televes 1.1m) my old Arc was 45W-45E (because East Limit not removed from motor [Hardware Limit] & West because it touches the wall at that point). My current Arc on Ku-Band Triax TD110 (1.06m) is 30W-53E (and further East). I lost 15 degrees when the cladding was fitted (ie dish now touches the wall at 30W :(

And hopefully get back round to 40.5W and have one dish for Ku Band & one dish for C Band!

Have to order some more T-Brackets, the old ones used with the Televes are smaller than the Triax ones, result my C-Band dish nearly touches the wall at 15W, and certainly wont go 20W, 40.5W!!! :mad::mad::mad:

At least I am getting some C-Band from 20E now :) Would have thought I would get something from 30.4E,46E & 49E in C-Band but nothing, maybe needs slight alignment adjustments.

Now getting C-Band from 11W, 5W, 3.3E & 20E :thum:

HTB (NTV Russia):

Televes 1.1m: 11W (Express AM44, DMS LNB) C-Band: 4013R (DVB-S2 8PSK) SR 10050 FEC 3/4 Signal Quality 70% 576i (but less border than the 46E transmission) Technomate TM7102 Tuner 2

Triax TD110: 46E (AzerSpace-1, MTI LNB) Ku-Band: 11135H (DVB-S QPSK) SR 27500 FEC 5/6 Signal Quality 64% 576i Technomate TM7102 Tuner 1

empb
28-02-2014, 18:21
This is where I am up to:

http://www.sat-universe.com/imagehosting/11849531ba171742bb.png

Finally feel like I am getting somewhere.

Getting Music Box on 4W in Ku-Band and Fox on 7.3W (and everything else from 53E to 30W as listed below) so Ku band sorted. :thum:

Only getting 20E, 3.3E, 5W, 11W C-Band at the moment but need to get the C-Band LNB further back (extend the dish arm) to get a better focus.

Thanks Colin for all the Hard Work!

empb
09-03-2014, 18:42
Anybody got anything from the Ka-Band in the UK (45W - 53E etc) yet?

(although for me a 4th dish would be too many, LOL)

empb
31-05-2014, 09:24
A year in the making, LOL
(all told less than an hour a week at it some weeks just watched telly as well so prob 48 hours work so far)

Now getting good signal on 3.3E Linear Polorization 49-51% and on 20E 49-51% (although lost one transponder had two tp's tuned in before, only getting a lock on one now :confused:), 5W ORTB worse (breaking up) & African Radios about the same, 11W up to 71% when I move dish from the menus but when I switch to a channel eg Rossia 2 on screen shows 67% Circular Polorization.

But I assume this is Because Colin decided to change the LNB skewed to give a better balance betwen H/V and L/R (with D Plate fitted)?

My signal strengths are slightly lower than forecast at Purple Sat, but finally looking good.

BUT!!! NOTHING FROM 10E - SURELY I SHOULD BE ABLE TO CATCH SOMETHING FROM THIS BIRD WITH 1.1 METER?

The footprint suggests I should have no issues:

http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/footprints/Eutelsat-10A-C.png

Blind search finds nothing (USALS 10E setting but I used USALS for 11W ok)

I know some transmissions will be less than the footprints EIRP but surely I should lock something, maybe someone can confirm the strongest transponder receivable in West Europe and I can try Disq 1.2/1.3 to see if I can get a lock........really doing my head in now - As mentioned I have Al Jazeera English, Al Jazeera America, BeIN Sports etc from 20E which shows a worse footprint! :confused::mecry::eek:

gotya
31-05-2014, 12:47
here some bunch of collections of what I searched in some links

10E C-band TP

SYR TV
3692 R 1400 3/4 DVB-S/MPEG-2

TCV International HD
3707 L 1000 5/6 DVB-S2/8PSK MPEG-4

UBC TV,UBC TV,UBC TV and UBC TV
3721 R 3303 5/6 8PSK DVB-S2

StarTimes TV
3729 R 10321-5/6 DVB-S2 MPEG-4 8PSK

Times TV,Star Africa 2,UTV,QTV and Triple P
3731 R 97005/6 8PSK DVB-S2

LoveWorld Plus
3835 R 1000 4/5 DVB-S2/16APSK

Canal 3 Monde Niger
3839 R 1185 3/4 DVB-S2/8PSK MPEG-2

SYR TV
3955 R 1500 2/3 QPSK DVB-S

TVT 1 promo and TVT 2 promo
4039 R 2222 3/4 8PSK DVB-S2

hope that will help you my friend

regards

empb
14-06-2014, 11:18
Good reception conditions this morning here (weather wise).

Managed to lock another 5W C-Band channel:

Tl Africa (DVB-S)

Freq: 4114 Pol: L SR: 2143 FEC: 5/6

Signal Level 90% Signal Quality 54% :thum:

Hope it stays locked, has carried La Liga games and other Sports Events (will check World Cup later)

empb
27-06-2014, 12:21
C-Band transponder I currently receive (db based on Flysat/Manufacturer's footprint info):

Express-AM44 @ 11W (@45.7db):

4013R SR 10050 FEC 3/4 (DVB-S2/8PSK MPEG-4) RSCC Muxx (inc Rossia 2, NTV [HTB Russia]) TM 68-72%

http://www.sat-universe.com/imagehosting/11849542446970ec5d.png

Eutelsat 5 West A @ 5W (@39db):

4114L SR 2142 FEC 5/6 (DVB-S/MPEG-2) Tl Africa TM 52%-54%
4154L SR 2290 FEC 7/8 (DVB-S/MPEG-2) ORTB TV Benin TM 55%-58%

http://www.eutelsat.com/files/live/sites/eutelsatv2/files/contributed/jahia/satellites/coverage/EUTELSAT_5WA_C-band_Global_Downlink_Coverage.png

Eutelsat 3A @ 3.3E (@42db):

3764H SR 20328 FEC 2/3 (DVB-S/MPEG-2) Libyan Muxx (inc LRT Sport) TM 50%-52%

http://www.eutelsat.com/files/live/sites/eutelsatv2/files/contributed/jahia/satellites/coverage/EUTELSAT_3A_C-band_Regional_Downlink_Coverage.png

Arabsat-5C @ 20E (@37db):

4054L SR 27500 FEC 3/4 (DVB-S/MPEG-2) Aljazeera Muxx (inc beIN Sports Global) 48%-50%
3884R SR 27500 FEC 3/4 (DVB-S/MPEG-2) Arabsat Muxx (inc 2M Monde, Africa TV3 Wazobiyam, Saudi 1, Saudi 2, Saudi Sport 1)
below 11% no lock at the moment :(
.... and one other tp .... no lock at the moment ... info to be added shortly

Been trying 10E with no joy.... what do you guys think I should try next??? :

Yamal 202 @ 49 East
Badr6 @ 26 East
try - Eutelsat 10A @ 10 East - again
Rascom-QAF1R @ 2.9 East
Intelsat 10-02 - Thor 5/6 @ 1 West

empb
25-09-2014, 18:28
Update

3.3E moved to 7.9W inclined by 0.2 degrees and not getting at the moment :( has it left again?????????????????????

11W Flysat confirms the muxx as left (was ok for Champions League last Tuesday, but I couldn't get a lock last Wednesday [at least HTB / NTV Russia is available elsewhere]...thought it was just my set up until Flysat reported the bad news..... I guess 40E/53E will soon be active for these Russian Channels eg Rossia 2 [Sport]? ie I assume new Satellite Express-AM7 40E is still scheduled for launch in the next 3 months or maybe Express-AM6 53E still scheduled for launch late October)

Was hoping to have a play as off work tomorrow.... anybody know what is the strongest C-Band Europe (pref UK) transmission now???

empb

(missing my Rossia 2, contemplating 49E C-Band Multi-Stream reception and what kit I would need!!!!!)

StephenS
17-10-2014, 14:33
Hi all, enjoying the thread,
I'm going to be attempting similar with a TD110 dish, although being in Northern Ireland unsure what results I will get.

hopefully with this soon.

just wondering do any of you know where I can get a conical scalar ring,
been looking without much success

_http://www.amazon.co.uk/High-Performance-C-band-PLL-LNBF-White/dp/B00HVM6LFS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413548791&sr=8-1&keywords=c+band+lnb

Regards Stephen

bonou2
17-10-2014, 15:12
hi
i have/tested/use this lnb and I recommend to all people
for conical scalar ring, you can buy from ebay seem seller--
titanium_satellite--:thum:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Conical-Scalar-Kit-for-C-band-Feedhorn-Offset-Antenna-CS1-Titanium-Satellite-/141154168309?pt=US_Satellite_LNB_Downconverters&hash=item20dd71adf5

empb
24-01-2015, 04:11
My Televes dish has moved a bit in the recent winds, taken off the C-Band LNB for now, going to realign with a MTI (Highline) / Inverto Black Premium Ku-Band and test Ka-Band shortly.... [then see if I can work out some way of having both C & Ka-Band on the Televes... maybe possible if no Ka-Band or only 9E Ka-Band for me!)

empb
05-03-2015, 13:55
Disaster. Nothing at all received with a Inverto White Ka-Band Twin Circular Dual polarity 23mm LNB 19.7-20.2GHz (LO 21.20 GHz).

Main tests on 9E Eutelsat Ka-Sat where either a Data stream or Irish TV channels should be available on 20185 L

(Ref: http://www.flysat.com/ekasat9a.php)

My main problem here is if I set the LNB settings to SINGLE LNB type with 22KHz OFF and LO setting of 21.200 GHz. Even though I can Search for Channels on 20185 H or V, the Blind scan range is 22150 to 23350, which surely means the LO Settings are wrong???

help!!!! anybody got this working.......

(Using my Technomate TM 7102 and Televes Dish for these tests)

But def on 9E put Ku-Band Inverto LNB back on and same signal quality as my Techno LNB/Triax Dish (Slightly higher signal) on the FTA French channels for Switzerland (ie 12034 V 27500).

amdade
22-06-2015, 19:21
Hi Guys
Reading with interest the C band project, I have old 1.5m set up in the garden with a titanium C1W-PLL on there at the weekend.

Im using my TM-6902 with a 4 way switch.

Good results so far 40E Express AM7 (strong signal) and Arabsat 20E

One question I had, the DVB-S TPs come in fine, DVB-S2 8PSK no luck, I am assuming that the 6902 does not support this despite being in the manual.

I am using Phantompatch-TM6902HDT2_142p-09-07-2014.

Happy to report any feedback on my C Band setup, Im in Norfolk UK.

Thanks

Andrew

amdade
22-06-2015, 22:14
Just an update. TM6902 does appear to support DVB-S2 8PSK, checked on Hotbird 13E 12476 H all fine. Wonder why does not work on Express 40E C band. Insufficent signal level perhaps for S2 ? Hmmmm

empb
22-06-2015, 22:49
Possibly, have you tried ajusting skew of LNB or if signal too strong trying just a fraction off the Satellite (east or West)?

amdade
23-06-2015, 06:47
Thanks empb good idea it's Early days, not totally sure of skew or focus as yet. Start of the project :-) have dielectric plate installed

Do you get IRIB on 20E c band ?

empb
23-06-2015, 08:11
No. Still only got 3 transponders from 20E but not the IRIB one :(

Hopefully testing new LNB soon

And I realised your 40E problem is not due to your kit you would need a DVB Card to get the DVB-S2 from 40E as the DVB-S2 transmissions are Multistreams not standard DVB-S2 transmissions (maybe someone has tested the Openbox SX series? which opens some multistream transmissions):

http://www.flysat.com/expressam7.php

amdade
23-06-2015, 14:31
Ah ha, thanks for that, would explain it.

Im hoping to find Rossiya 2 somewhere I heard there may be some football on there :-)

Back to 20E tonight, see what I can get. This dish has no motor (as yet) so hand adjustment.....

One thing I did not notice is the trees that have grown up more or less directly south so its move it or cut down tree not sure what is easiest :-)

Project continues....

amdade
23-06-2015, 22:05
Moved back to 20E
IRIB 3964 marginal pic breakup (not useable)
3711 slightly better some breakup
3721 OK
3884 OK
3934 OK
4054 OK

More fine tuning needed

empb
29-06-2015, 16:08
Now, Getting signals from 40E, 20E, 10E, 5E, 5W & 11W on the following transponders:

40E (Express-AM7) 3558 R (V) 2895 "GTRK Dagestan", 3562 R (V) 2905 "RGVK-DAGESTAN", 3567 R (V) 2895 "GRTK Vainash", 3571 R (V) 2905 "RTPC-KOMI", 3573 R (V) 2894 "GTRK Alania", 3579 R (V) 2905 "GTRK Volgograd TRV", 3587 R (V) 2905 "GTRK Udmurtia", 3595 R (V) 2905 "Kirov", 3677 R (V) 33480 "TRK5 +2","Kultura-3","Dubl-4+RRD4","Kultura+Vesti-FM","Rossiya+RR","TRK5 +0" & 3741 R (V) 1922 "TB KBR", 3582 R (V) 2895 "GTRK ORENBURG", 3590 R (V) 2895 "GTRK ELISTA".

http://eng.rscc.ru/userfiles/sputniks/am7-1-eng-nov14.png

20E (Arabsat-5C) 3884 R (V) 27500 "africa TV Wazobiya","Saudi-2","2M Monde","Iqraa","Al Manar","Africa TV Sawahill","Al-EKhbaria","El Mouritaniya" (TV de Mauritanie Satellite) & "AL-Mayadeen", 4055 L (H) 27500 Aljazeera Package inc "Qatar TV","Al Jazeera English" & "Al Jazeera America", 3935 L (H) 27500 "Southern Sudan","Abu Dhabi TV","Oman TV","Kuwait TV","Saudi TV","Qatar TV","Sharjah TV","Saudi-Quran","Sudan TV","Saudi-Sunnah","Libya Al Watanya" & "Hidayah" x 10.

10E (Eutelsat 10A) 3650 L (H) Chinese muxx (Encrypted in Skycrypt/Unitend).

http://www.eutelsat.com/files/live/sites/eutelsatv2/files/contributed/jahia/satellites/coverage/EUTELSAT_10A_C-band_Downlink_Coverage.png

5E (SES-5) 3692 L (H) 1300 "RAVE_TV".

https://sat.ses.com/webservice/images/7405175

5W (Eutelsat 5WA) 4156 L (H) 2288 "SCOPUS-NET-TECH" (ORTB TV Benin), 3648 R (V) 2169 "Tele Sahel", 3729 R (V) 29946 "CANAL ALGERIE","TVE INT Africa","TV CONGO" & "Al Maghribiya", 4159 L (H) 1792 "ORTB-BB-24" (ORTB Bnin Business 24), 4160 L (H) 1943 "RTG1 GABON", 3743 L (H) 2785 "CRTV" (CRTV Cameroon), 4114 L (H) 2142 "Program 1" (Tele Africa).

http://www.eutelsat.com/files/live/sites/eutelsatv2/files/contributed/jahia/satellites/coverage/EUTELSAT_5WA_C-band_Global_Downlink_Coverage.png

11W (Express-AM44) 3662 R (V) 10808 "1TVRUS zapad" & "RTR Planeta + RR".

http://eng.rscc.ru/userfiles/sputniks/am44-1.gif

NOTE: Now H=L & V=R

Ka-Band project shelved for now as no signal at all on 9E, where I was hoping to catch RTE2 HD. Heard that its no longer receivable down the road in Blackburn as well.

C-Band looks like anything above 37db on 14W to 55E and I have a chance of getting a signal lock on 1.06m.

amdade
28-07-2015, 14:44
Just quick update, dish moved away from trees, looks like I have a few more TP's available than EMPB on 5W, also can get one TP on 1W, 3985 R, BBC Africa radio feed. No luck with Fox News as yet 3722 R.

Early days still working on the feed horn distance and ground mount.

amdade
30-08-2015, 10:20
An update on TP's from 5W that are working for me.

Im getting all empb's TP's except 4159 L (H) 1792 "ORTB-BB-24" (ORTB Bnin Business 24) not sure why that one does not work here.

plus :

3630 R Feeds in French regular channel 24/7
4030 R AFNEX
3657 R KTN Kenya
4137 L SLBC
4162 L Africa N1

have seen 3721L Viasat on blind scan appear in my list but not good enough for lock.

Some of the lower SR channels sometimes take a while to lock. 3 or 4 seconds

empb
31-08-2015, 10:00
Just quick update, dish moved away from trees, looks like I have a few more TP's available than EMPB on 5W, also can get one TP on 1W, 3985 R, BBC Africa radio feed. No luck with Fox News as yet 3722 R.

Early days still working on the feed horn distance and ground mount.

You won't have any luck with Fox News unless you are using a PC DVB Card as it is non standard Satellite DVB Format/Modulation/Codex (DVB-S2/32APSK MPEG-4 Stream 0 ACM and not DVB-S or DVB-S2/QPSK or 8PSK).

Nice to see your getting more with a slightly bigger dish, your 1.5m compared with my 1.1m equivalent (Triax TD110, 1.06m) and being ever so slightly nearer the footprint :)

I am still going to have a go at 0.8W see if I can get:

also can get one TP on 1W, 3985 R, BBC Africa radio feed.

and need to have another look at DVB-S on 46E 4145 H DVB-S/MPEG-2 6666 2/3, 49E 3590 L, 3743 L & 53E 3708 L 4280, lost 5E RAVE_TV since it changed to 3644 L 1300 though.

amdade
31-08-2015, 13:57
You won't have any luck with Fox News unless you are using a PC DVB Card as it is non standard Satellite DVB Format/Modulation/Codex (DVB-S2/32APSK MPEG-4 Stream 0 ACM and not DVB-S or DVB-S2/QPSK or 8PSK).

OK yes, thanks for that. No PC setup at the moment, just my Technomate :)

My 1.5 is very less than perfect, the feed needs to go bit further back, modification needed to the support which may do this week. Its an old IRTE solid dish, possibility of bolting petals to it if could find or make them, came with fixing holes on the rim.

Have tried others beyond 40E but no luck for me as yet...

The BBC Africa feed is still there checked just now....

Was going to have a play with the mount today but its pi**ing down out there typical bank holiday

amdade
31-08-2015, 17:33
One addition today, no luck with anything past 40 E But...

26E Badr 6 (Medium)
3958 R Tunisia mux

Also should mention have 2 TP's from 27W

3719 R VOA Africa mux
3937 R RTG

empb
01-09-2015, 00:21
No Joy 26E here.

4.5W (ie 5W) locked 4137 L 2510 7/8 (DVB-S/MPEG-2) S L B C TV (Sierra Leone Broadcasting Company)

:thum:

amdade
03-09-2015, 20:15
Interesting surprised you are getting nothing from 26E reasonably OK signal here, more than 1W BBC and 27W VOA

One more to add :

Eutelsat 3B @ 3.1E
3668 R Clouds TV

Only one in this spot blind scan.

Was looking at the 2.4m fortecstar petal dish can be picked up very low price although gets mixed reviews to say the least. have seen under UKP 200. Maybe to use the petals somehow to extend or replace the reflector on my IRTE 1.5m

Thinking as its really designed for C band use good enough perhaps ?

empb
05-09-2015, 18:29
Are you still getting :

5W 3727 R DVB-S 29950-7/8

I've had no signal since yesterday :( :mad:

(Im only getting SCOPUS-NET-TECH (ORTB), ORTB-BB-24, SLBC, Tele Sahel & Program 1 (Tele Africa) at the moment)

amdade
06-09-2015, 08:32
Yes looks OK for me. good signal strength and lock here...

empb
06-09-2015, 18:46
S L B C TV just rebroadcast RTI1 Cote d'Ivoire for the Sierra Leone - Ivory Coast match!

And 26E Ku-Band RTI1 was clearly a better picture than SLBC TV's 5W C-Band rebroadcast.

Yes looks OK for me. good signal strength and lock here...

Re: 5W 3727 R DVB-S 29950-7/8, It's def still DVB-S? ie its not switched to DVB-S2 has it?

amdade
07-09-2015, 20:18
****Re: 5W 3727 R DVB-S 29950-7/8, It's def still DVB-S? ie its not switched to DVB-S2 has it?

Well not sure really, not done a rescan for several days on that TP. How can I get my TM-6902 to tell me its S or S2 ?

Have this :

3728, V (R), 29946

Sig 92
Quality 58

Lowest one for me is KTN on 5W little breakup but fine most of the time, its OK right now. US TV talk show "Steve" in English

Sig 87
Quality 48

SLBC

Sig 88
Quality 64

Thought maybe interested to compare.....

empb
12-09-2015, 02:34
Feedsat_DXer answer my problem (on another top forum):

@empb :
Nothing has changed
http://www.sat-universe.com/imagehosting/1184955f372832d408.png
http://www.sat-universe.com/imagehosting/1184955f372834021d.png
But I think ,if your problem has started a week ago, it could be because of ABS3A.
"the opening" angle is wide on small antenna like yours, you may try to fine tune 5W.

Because there is a same frequency @ 3W 3727 V 29875
http://www.sat-universe.com/imagehosting/1184955f372834ad80.jpg

FlySat ABS-3A @ 3 West - Acknowledged Ku-Band PAL Carrier Tests

ABS 3A at 3.0W - LyngSat - Added Satellite Acknowleging it is active in test but no test freq info

KingOfSat - European Satellite Zapping & Directory - Not even added 3W yet!

thx Feedsat_DXer :thum:

But here are my numbers: (5W Technomate Meters)

ORTB-BB-24 Signal 92% Quality 62%
SCOPUS NET TECH (ORTB) Signal 91% Quality 60%
Tele Sahel Signal 90% Quality 49%
Program 1 (Tele Africa) Signal 90% Quality 50%
S L B C TV Signal 90% Quality 51%
CRTV Signal 91% Quality 50%
RTG1 Signal 90% Quality 49%

As you can see I have quote a few channels just on the edge/threshold of reception!

femi
12-09-2015, 22:16
I'll ask does anybody receive the Eutelsat 9 East 20185 L 25000 2/3 and which location?

empb
14-09-2015, 19:39
Ka-Band:

I'll ask does anybody receive the Eutelsat 9 East 20185 L 25000 2/3 and which location?

Ireland, Devon and Costal Parts of South Wales Only Now (ie Spot 24 Only):

http://www.techtir.ie/sites/default/files/u1000004/saorsat/Irish-Scot-v3.jpg

C-Band :eek: :

https://youtu.be/qvNtvLN0f7I

daveondisc
14-09-2015, 19:49
@empb is it me are is you embeded youtube video not showing?

If it's not just me, here's the good old fashened link => https://www.youtube.com/embed/qvNtvLN0f7I :thum:

empb
14-09-2015, 20:03
Thanks (dunno why I can't get it to work as a proper YOUTUBE VID but hey).

Further Info, We will find out if this goes through and C-Band reception is totally destroyed by evil mobile phone companies, they shouldn't need any more bandwith....After WRC-15 [​World radiocommunication conference 15] which will be held in Geneva Nov. 2-27.

https://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/attachments/intelsat_frequency_9-7-15-605x570-jpg.83877/

Further Info About this here: spacenews.com

mdt
14-09-2015, 20:53
Further Info, We will find out if this goes through and C-Band reception is totally destroyed by evil mobile phone companies, they shouldn't need any more bandwith....

Further Info About this here: spacenews.com

problem is m8 that the mobile phone companies have large coffers and as usual they just throw money around in backhanders as when it boils down to it its bribery.( 4G in the UK using what were UHF terrestriel frequencies) money is the root of all evil and its only going to get worse imho. do you think they would be allowed to get away with it if it was Ku band instead of C .. no chance as there is too much money in the DTH pay tv market of which 95% is downlinked via Ku.

regards mdt

empb
17-09-2015, 21:27
I like this list posted by Chris1979

As I pretty much catch everything with a higher dB to the 4153,V,28480,56,134,|-54 dBm, 5.8 dB Muxx :D

@amdade you should give 4157,H,1792,78,1,|-53 dBm, 10.6 dB another try (ORTB-BB-24) its the strongest signal there atm

1=3630,V,3254,12,1,|-55 dBm, -10 dB
2=3636,V,2798,34,148,|-55 dBm, 0.5 dB
3=3647,V,2169,34,1,|-54 dBm, 7.1 dB
4=3657,V,2916,35,134,|-54 dBm, 3.7 dB
5=3718,H,1760,56,133,|-51 dBm, -10 dB
6=3722,H,1836,34,134,|-50 dBm, 4.4 dB
7=3727,V,29940,78,1,|-51 dBm, -10 dB
8=3732,H,11960,23,1,|-50 dBm, 4.4 dB
9=3744,H,2784,56,1,|-51 dBm, 6.8 dB
10=4016,V,3590,34,6,|-57 dBm, 3.8 dB
11=4021,V,1243,34,134,|-56 dBm, 3.4 dB
12=4030,V,4592,35,134,|-56 dBm, 5.4 dB
13=4036,V,2599,34,148,|-56 dBm, 3.8 dB
14=4100,V,999,34,149,|-56 dBm, 4 dB
15=4114,H,2142,56,1,|-55 dBm, 7.6 dB
16=4129,H,3482,35,150,|-54 dBm, 8.4 dB
17=4137,H,2509,78,1,|-53 dBm, 7.6 dB
18=4153,V,28480,56,134,|-54 dBm, 5.8 dB
19=4154,H,2288,78,1,|-53 dBm, 9.6 dB
20=4157,H,1792,78,1,|-53 dBm, 10.6 dB
21=4160,H,1943,78,1,|-53 dBm, 8.3 dB
22=4163,H,1499,34,1,|-53 dBm, 9.5 dB

amdade
19-09-2015, 11:23
Yes interesting list thanks for posting it.

Now have ORTB-BB-24, sig 88%, Quality 65%. Not sure why it was not working before.

My benchmark KTN ...

4=3657,V,2916,35,134,|-54 dBm, 3.7 dB

Very marginal last few days, breakup worse now than couple of weeks ago, not really watchable.

Interesting is this one

Reversible Malakoff (French Feeds)

1=3630,V,3254,12,1,|-55 dBm, -10 dB

Come in rock solid here.

empb
19-09-2015, 14:56
Here's Chris1979's C-Band 40E Express AM7 list:

1=3557,V,2895,78,1,|-52 dBm, 6.3 dB
2=3558,H,3719,34,14,|-54 dBm, 9.2 dB
3=3561,V,2904,34,1,|-50 dBm, 7.5 dB
4=3563,H,3599,34,14,|-53 dBm, 10.4 dB
5=3565,V,2895,34,1,|-50 dBm, 5.9 dB
6=3566,H,1848,34,6,|-53 dBm, 8.9 dB
7=3569,V,2904,34,1,|-50 dBm, 7.1 dB
8=3577,V,2904,34,1,|-49 dBm, 7.8 dB
9=3581,V,2895,34,1,|-50 dBm, -10 dB
10=3585,V,2904,34,1,|-50 dBm, 6.7 dB
11=3589,V,2895,34,1,|-50 dBm, 7.3 dB
12=3593,V,2904,34,1,|-50 dBm, 6.1 dB
13=3615,V,14990,34,6,|-49 dBm, 7.9 dB
14=3635,V,15280,34,14,|-50 dBm, 8.2 dB
15=3665,H,14990,34,6,|-47 dBm, 7.7 dB
16=3675,V,33475,78,1,|-49 dBm, 7.8 dB
17=3685,H,15280,34,6,|-49 dBm, 6.8 dB
18=3740,V,1921,78,1,|-55 dBm, 9.5 dB

And Chris1979's C-Band 10E Eutelsat 10A list:

1=3649,H,20160,23,13,|-51 dBm, 5.9 dB
2=3665,H,3905,34,22,|-51 dBm, 8.3 dB
3=3676,H,2916,34,6,|-52 dBm, 7 dB
4=3696,V,3854,56,150,|-56 dBm, 3.5 dB
5=3706,V,6248,56,134,|-55 dBm, 2.6 dB
6=3709,H,999,56,6,|-54 dBm, 3.1 dB
7=3730,V,10320,56,134,|-54 dBm, 3.1 dB
8=3741,H,1082,34,132,|-53 dBm, 2.6 dB
9=3742,V,10110,56,134,|-54 dBm, 2.8 dB
10=3757,H,1249,34,133,|-52 dBm, 3.3 dB
11=3760,V,19810,56,134,|-54 dBm, 2.4 dB
12=3774,H,25860,56,134,|-52 dBm, 4.5 dB
13=3782,V,16440,56,134,|-54 dBm, 2.2 dB
14=3827,V,3078,34,6,|-55 dBm, 1.2 dB
15=3829,H,11200,34,148,|-54 dBm, 7.3 dB
16=3833,V,1332,?,4,|-55 dBm, 5.6 dB
17=3839,V,1184,34,134,|-55 dBm, 6.1 dB
18=3864,V,7998,34,13,|-54 dBm, 5.9 dB
19=3873,V,2999,34,133,|-54 dBm, 2.4 dB
20=3905,H,1453,23,134,|-55 dBm, 0.2 dB
21=3929,V,28790,34,134,|-54 dBm, 2.2 dB
22=3947,H,15000,35,150,|-57 dBm, 1.1 dB
23=3986,H,27990,56,149,|-55 dBm, 1.4 dB
24=4018,H,11720,14,133,|-56 dBm, 2.5 dB
25=4027,V,5298,34,133,|-57 dBm, 0 dB
26=4033,H,11580,34,148,|-57 dBm, 1.9 dB
27=4039,V,2220,34,6,|-57 dBm, 2.2 dB

Anybody have any luck in UK with Ka-Band on 16E and 7E?

empb
19-09-2015, 17:52
And Chris1979's C-Band 20E Arabsat-5C list:

1=3530,H,4999,34,132,|-56 dBm, 4.2 dB
2=3711,V,2599,34,1,|-50 dBm, -10 dB
3=3764,H,2759,34,132,|-48 dBm, -10 dB
4=3880,H,7288,89,148,|-48 dBm, 7.2 dB
5=3884,V,27495,56,1,|-46 dBm, 6.8 dB
6=3934,H,27490,78,1,|-47 dBm, -10 dB
7=3936,V,9831,34,148,|-47 dBm, 5.5 dB
8=3964,V,29990,34,134,|-45 dBm, 5.8 dB
9=4002,V,4799,23,132,|-47 dBm, 7.6 dB
10=4019,H,20830,?,4,|-46 dBm, 3.9 dB
11=4054,H,27495,34,1,|-45 dBm, 6.3 dB
12=4085,V,18995,23,132,|-48 dBm, 1.9 dB
13=4112,H,1279,45,4,|-49 dBm, 6.9 dB
14=4124,V,5351,?,4,|-49 dBm, 3.3 dB
15=4142,V,3199,910,4,|-49 dBm, 3.8 dB
16=4151,H,3257,23,134,|-48 dBm, 4.2 dB
17=4168,H,2022,34,4,|-47 dBm, 0.9 dB
18=4176,V,13920,34,132,|-48 dBm, 2.5 dB

And Chris1979's C-Band 26E Badr-6 list:

1=3800,V,12000,34,1,|-47 dBm, -10 dB
2=3958,V,12000,34,1,|-46 dBm, 5.5 dB
3=4169,H,999,12,149,|-46 dBm, 7.4 dB

And Chris1979's C-Band 11W Express-AM44 report:

1=3663,V,10805,12,1,|-55 dBm, 4.3 dB

And Chris1979's C-Band 1W Thor 5 list:

1=3723,V,18000,12,149,|-54 dBm, 1.9 dB
2=3725,H,8406,34,132,|-52 dBm, 5.5 dB
3=3858,V,5307,34,134,|-56 dBm, 3.4 dB
4=3880,H,1733,?,4,|-56 dBm, 5.1 dB
5=3886,H,956,?,4,|-56 dBm, 2.9 dB
6=3896,H,2048,56,4,|-56 dBm, 3.4 dB
7=3903,H,5230,56,132,|-56 dBm, 4.3 dB
8=3903,V,6083,34,132,|-54 dBm, 4.8 dB
9=3927,H,6703,?,4,|-57 dBm, 3 dB
10=3967,V,11500,35,150,|-56 dBm, 1.2 dB
11=3967,H,2915,34,148,|-57 dBm, 5.7 dB
12=3984,V,9764,23,1,|-56 dBm, -10 dB
13=4003,V,6215,35,134,|-56 dBm, 1.8 dB
14=4017,V,2651,34,132,|-56 dBm, 2.7 dB
15=4032,H,1000,56,134,|-58 dBm, 3.5 dB
16=4055,V,31990,56,132,|-53 dBm, 6.7 dB
17=4095,V,29990,34,21,|-54 dBm, 8.1 dB
18=4150,H,6202,?,4,|-58 dBm, 4.2 dB
19=4175,V,27990,23,1,|-57 dBm, -10 dB

amdade
20-09-2015, 09:26
New one to report for me. SES 6 at 40.5W.

Cristovision 3700 R 2199 strong signal to start with

Just digesting the long list coming in on blind scan :-)

StephenS
24-09-2015, 09:58
I've finally got around to ordering the scalar ring for my Titanium C1, next problem will be how to mount it on Triax dish.

I'll get on C-band one day :-)

empb
24-09-2015, 10:18
I've finally got around to ordering the scalar ring for my Titanium C1, next problem will be how to mount it on Triax dish.

I'll get on C-band one day :-)

I'll try and get some photos up of C-Band on my Triax (better and easier than the Televes)

CHECK OUT 5W Tele Sahel now the strongest for me 73-74% Quality (Technomate meters) [thanks Feedsat_DXer for drawing my attention to this info]

StephenS
24-09-2015, 10:46
I'll try and get some photos up of C-Band on my Triax (better and easier than the Televes)

CHECK OUT 5W Tele Sahel now the strongest for me 73-74% Quality (Technomate meters) [thanks Feedsat_DXer for drawing my attention to this info]

Thanks, that would be much appreciated, hopefully scalar ring arrives today or tomorrow, a nice project for the weekend. :thum:

amdade
26-09-2015, 15:09
Thanks, that would be much appreciated, hopefully scalar ring arrives today or tomorrow, a nice project for the weekend. :thum:

Mine came with the scalar ring, although I'm using a very old chaparral ring which seems to perform a bit better than the one suppled with the LNB.

Been playing with the feed mount today bit more performance, trying to find 55.5W without much luck so far....

EbenDer
26-09-2015, 15:26
Mine came with the scalar ring, although I'm using a very old chaparral ring which seems to perform a bit better than the one suppled with the LNB.

Been playing with the feed mount today bit more performance, trying to find 55.5W without much luck so far....

Hello amdade,

try this Transponders - which are very strong:

4.111 V 1.850 Auto &

4.151 H 2.500 Auto

Good Luck EbenDer!

amdade
26-09-2015, 18:57
Thanks EbenDer, think my issue may be trees :-( 40.5W may be my limit from where the antenna currently is.

EbenDer
26-09-2015, 20:22
Your welcome amdade - your Trees?

(maybe you can cut them.. )

StephenS
27-09-2015, 12:02
I had a quick play about yesterday, but with no luck at all, not getting any signals on c-band whatsoever, going to have to do a dish realignment on KU today I think, plus change the 1p under the feed arm for a cr2032 battery, usually helps :-)

amdade
27-09-2015, 21:04
Your welcome amdade - your Trees?

(maybe you can cut them.. )

Good idea thanks, the size of them moving the antenna probably easier:)

Think have a spot that will work... Not a quick job though need another dry sunny weekend (and no other distractions)

amdade
27-09-2015, 21:14
I had a quick play about yesterday, but with no luck at all, not getting any signals on c-band whatsoever, going to have to do a dish realignment on KU today I think, plus change the 1p under the feed arm for a cr2032 battery, usually helps :-)

What size is your dish for C band ? I started with 20E, 4054 L, 27500

Good luck

StephenS
28-09-2015, 10:29
I'm using the Triax 1.1m in theory should work fine for some sats.

Going to be trying without the scalar on it for lining up, as I was getting signals before, may have to wait until the weekend to try again.

amdade
28-09-2015, 13:18
I'm using the Triax 1.1m in theory should work fine for some sats.

Going to be trying without the scalar on it for lining up, as I was getting signals before, may have to wait until the weekend to try again.

Don't forget the dielectric plate inside the LNB feed horn :-)

empb
29-09-2015, 16:02
I use a Triax TD110 as well it's diameter is actually 1.06m btw

But the reason for my post as an alternative to the Dilectric Plate:

The "T-Plate" made from an old polyethylene breadboard thanks to Vipersan (His original project idea and his pictures). Swears it gives higher gain. Even helps AFN reception on 1W etc.

StephenS
30-09-2015, 08:30
That looks like an interesting project.
I'm in 2 minds whether the lnb is a duff one, or the Dr-HD box is bad on c-band, as not even getting a 0.1db reading on any satellite.

My satellite meter is just giving constant tone when connected, no adjustment changes that.
When I get time I'll hook it up to the TBS6925 card, see if anything with that, it's all fun :-)

amdade
01-10-2015, 13:10
Yes very much so, are you going to make one empb ? my plate seems to perform a touch better pulled towards the front of the feedhorn.

One thing not sure about is for circular polarisation does it matter which skew angle the lnb/feed as it is with linear H/V ? If that makes any sense :-)

empb
01-10-2015, 14:07
Yes very much so, are you going to make one empb ? my plate seems to perform a touch better pulled towards the front of the feedhorn.

One thing not sure about is for circular polarisation does it matter which skew angle the lnb/feed as it is with linear H/V ? If that makes any sense :-)

Skew is still important.

I am making one (it was tested on 2m, hoping it makes a difference on 1.06m as well).

amdade
01-10-2015, 20:26
On the skew subject :

at the moment I have the two probes Hor / Vert more or less vertical / horizontal as would a KU setup.

So for L/R insert plate in the grove that is 45 degrees, between the two probes looking down the waveguide.

What would be the optimum theoretical angle the LNB feed should sit, for circular pol ? as I have it 0 degrees / 90 degrees or something else ?

Seems to make a small difference as move around but I had assumed was because of my non perfect dish / mount / focus.

Any thoughts ?

empb
01-10-2015, 20:47
Use a Linear Sat without the plate to set the skew, which of course makes it very difficult as 3.3E was active when I set mine up. Now we've got 46E, the even weaker 38E, prob better on the West Arc 37.5W, 45W, (weaker) 50W & 55.5W.

Then the plate goes :

http://www.purplesat.com/web_images/dielectric_in_c_band_lnb_12pc_1b.jpg

:D :thum:

amdade
01-10-2015, 21:15
that's how my plate is set up. There is a difference which angle but not a great deal in it which I found surprising compared with h/v. Obviously the plate stays at the same relative angle to the probes....

At the current time not found a c band linear sat that I can see.....

That may change at the weekend when I relocate the 1.5m to try again for 55w :-)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum