Spiderbox 5000sd and Dongle

Benzade

Registered
Hello to everyone I normally don’t post as I’m a newbie to the satellite world and have luckily managed to have my questions answered by reading other threads, however I’m struggling to come to grips with something I’m trying to do.

My fathers has no internet connection so the Spiderbox is just a pretty FTA if I take it to his however I’ve been told it can work with a 3G USB dongle connected to my laptop.

Try as I might I have been unsuccessful in connecting to the Internet using this method. Here’s a list of the equipment I’m using: -

Spiderbox 5000SD patched with latest firmware
Laptop running Windows7
Crossover Ethernet cable
Unlocked Huawei E160 3G USB dongle
O2 sim card

The dongle will connect to the Internet no problem my problem is getting the LAN port my Spiderbox is connected to, to access the Internet via my dongle. I’ve tried many configurations of IP address, Gateway address etc none seem to work.

Can anyone give me a simple step-by-step guide to setting this up on Windows7 please?

COMPASS

VIP
My T-Mobile 3G Dongle does have the ability to share the connection through my Pc's Ethernet port

If you go to your network connections,
find your 3G Modem connection,
right click on it,
and go to properties,
Choose Advanced,
Internet connection sharing
Tick the check box that allows other network users to connect through this computers internet connection

Home network connection:
choose "Local area connection"

The only downside to this is that the computer that is sharing the connection needs to be switched on to share it.

I used a standard Ethernet cable from my Laptop to my Spiderbox which works fine. :thum: