Eurobird 9 Help Needed.

poppet

Registered
Hello, I am an enthusiastic novice willing to learn.

About 2 years ago I put a Fracarro 85cm dish on the side of my garage in Halifax West Yorkshire, with the intention of receiving Freesat. I found that I could just not get on to Astra because of the corner of my neighbours house, so messing about I tried for Hotbird 13. With the aid a a beeper satfinder, within about 15/20 mins I was pulling in about 1850 channels on my Skystar USB 2 HD CI card using the DVBViewer TE software that comes with it. I was very pleased, but due to work commitments didn't bother with satellite until recently when I retired. I checked that Hotbird reception was still good, and decided to move round to try Eurobird 9. Having read a bit about how strong and easy it was to receive, I elevated the dish slightly and very slowly moved it right (looking towards the sat) and soon had a strong signal on the beeper (in fact it saturated the meter and I had to put an attenuator in the lead). I went to do a channel scan but could only get around 50% of the channels. I literally spent hours peaking the dish, moving the azimuth, elevation and skew, but to no avail. I changed the LNB and downlead with no improvement, so I hired an Horizon satmeter. This showed Eurobird 'found' with a signal strength of about 58/60% with signal quality about 85%. I moved the dish up to the house guttering level but saw no improvement. I downloaded DVBViewer Pro and checked the transponder list showed all the transponders, but my lack of knowledge has beaten me. I am sure that there are no obstructions in the line of sight. It has now become an obsession to sort this out. Can anyone help please.

Cheers, Steve

poppet

Registered
Hi Alexmaria

The transponders (and channel count) I have got are:- Arquiva (8), Eutelsat (1), Scopus (2), Unknown (59), Eutelsat (4), Skylogic (2), BSS (4), BSS(1), Trace (1), RRSat (12), RRsat (7), Globecast (11), Tandberg TV (1), Globecast UK (14), Media Broadcast (1), Kabelkiosk (55), OTE (8), Basis1 (5), Basis2 (4) plus 120 audio channels.

As you can see, some do not seem to be Eurobird 9 transponders. I am very confused:confused:

Cheers, Steve

westonesat

Registered
have you checked skystar transponder list against latest kingofsat list for 9east, may need updating or have ou tried blindscan option.
if dish is not aligned properly you may also be picking up transponders from 10 east.

Last edited:

maumixio

Staff member
Anybody have any experience with DVBViewer?
I'm not an expert on dish alignment but I think member westonesat is right I have fixed dish with quad feed 9-13-16-19 centered to 16° then 9° is not optimal but I get around 400 channels see "current" in pic below.
Maybe register and try for free ProgDVB (32bit if you want full plugins working) and make a rescan with included transponder list. I made a scan for you just to show results, I have same Skystar USB 2 HD CI .

wb55lf.png

poppet

Registered
Thanks for the above info guys. I have found the problem. Although I downloaded the latest ini. file, some of the FEC values were wrong. Correcting these have sorted my problems. I am finding this a big learning curve.

Murap

Registered
Same problem with Ini..

Just had the same problem and sorted out through Ini file...
Wouldnt thinkg of this before...:eek: