Issues with addon USB DVB-T tuner

Nanochickin

Registered
Hi I'm just wondering if anybody has come across this problem with using an addon usb DVB-T tuner.

I have a Gigablue HD800 Solo running the latest team red image with newest drivers installed.

I have tried two DVB-T sticks upto now.

Both are recognised when it comes to installing the driver.

The first one a Hauppauge Win Tv unit is recognised in the driver selection, but never appears in the tuner section.

The Second is an Avermedia Volor Black A850. This is recognised in the tuner and after a few reboots of the system it finally shows up in the tuner menu.

All goes well until you try and tune. Once it sees a digital mux it just stops the system. The rotating cogs appear and it does nothing else, and requires a system reboot before you can do anything else with the box.

Anybody got any idea what is happening with this box or do i need to buy a different penstick.

Nano

Nanochickin

Registered
I wasn't aware that there was an OpenBlackhole image available for the Gigablue. As far as i was aware the only images for this box were from Team Red, HD freaks and Open AAF.

If there is an OpenBlackhole image for the Gigablue HD800 Solo where would i find it?

Nano

joe6915

Registered
I wasn't aware that there was an OpenBlackhole image available for the Gigablue. As far as i was aware the only images for this box were from Team Red, HD freaks and Open AAF.

If there is an OpenBlackhole image for the Gigablue HD800 Solo where would i find it?

Nano

I just had a google and can only find one for Vu.

Nanochickin

Registered
I don't think it exists for the Gigablue.

If it does i can't find it.

I tried it on my old Vu+ Duo, but never on the Gigablue.

Nano