Ctech 5000C - Hard Disc problem - please help

ufm

Registered
I had 500GB HDD, but I exchange it for 1,5TB (WD My Book as before).
Now the problem is, that after some days HDD wont work.

The situation:
1. I start the receiver and I get the message "USB inserted"
2. I don't get the message "PVRT Ready".
3. If I press "FileList" button, I get the message "USB not ready".

If I connect the HDD to the computer and run the Properties and than TOOLS / CHECK HDD / Automatically repair the mistakes and than finally connect the HDD back to the CT receiver, than works great. But after days or weeks the problem occur again.

The function in the CT receiver CHECK DISK should fix the problem, but there I get the massage, that HDD is 0 in size...

I had the same problem 2 years ago with HDD of 500GB, now I have the same producer of HD (WD), but 1,5TB, and again the problem. In the past the problem dissapeared after Firmware upgrade.

Please help me.

yayya

Registered
Same problem here. I tried a couple of things but without much luck, I will post it here with hope that can help anyone:

- It normally happens (the problems, I mean) after I delete things from the disk.

- When it happens, you can take the disk to your PC, do a chkdsh /f (*) on it, and then it will start to work again.

So that now I do a chkdsk /f on the disk every time I delete things, and till now it works.

CTech5000 firmware is *crap*. I wrote tens of times to the support, but has no useful answer. They are not even able to keep a cumulative changelog in the versions of the software they publish. Moreover, now that they have the new 5100, there are no more updates for the old firmware.

Next time I will buy a open-software (linux) box. This situation is really awful. :mad:

Yayya

(*) put the disk on a Windows PC, close all the windows that
show it, open a command line (start -> run -> write cmd there) and then in the CMD windows write

chkdsk /f e:

where you substitute e: with the letter of your disk. After that, unload the disk and put it back on the CTECH. It will work.

anterocouto

Registered
I have a Clarke-Tech 5100

I read somehwere that the HDD has a limit.....

I have one with 500Gb. and works 100% O.K.

Maybe you ask the CLAKE-TECH TEAM what is the limit.

Goodluck

ufm

Registered
I had 500GB and it was a problem in old firmware, than no more. Now I exhanged the HDD to 1,5TB, and sometimes I have to "repair it" by computer. So sometimes works, sometimes not - that means that formating is OK, because it can work for several days.