marce

VIP
Ghost Backup PKT mod 5.0 Tideglo rev 0.5.0 / 900 HD

Code:
Settings : Astra 19,2 + Hotbird 13,0
Picons
BrushedAlu-HD

Code:
[URL="http://rapidshare.com/files/248044554/ghost8.rar"]http://rapidshare.com/files/248044554/ghost8.rar[/URL]

44matrix

Registered
I see so many images that - no matter how hard I try- I can not get them to work in my box via USB key. One day when they work - then I will write a correct FOOLS guide without leaving out important steps like the guides I see in this forum. Of all the guides I followed - none has been able to help me get my box multi-booting from USB - and I work with computers every day!!!!???

badeyeah

Registered
44matrix, if we are using the same box, then there's something you're not doing good.

I don't use the ghost version yet, but I did try the Alu.Brushed skin,this was a disaster with component.So I don't think you missed much.(still it's a nice skin).

There are a few ways of unpacking here, but I only use one.I have tried various E2's, just for fun.

I have NLB r9580 on flash (db version 9274),bootversion oct/24/2008.

Usb-stick(any will do) always with telnet in ext3.When finished sync(don't forget), at the end unmount and a hard reset (30sec wait).

44matrix

Registered
What about setting up of environment via Serial COM port using Telnet & Putty? Is that necessary before using USB + Partitioning + Format + unpacking image (Tar.gz) sync, unmount and all that JAZ? After the Multiboot Flash code came out - I thought that the Setenv Serial HACK was no longer needed - is it still needed? The Procedure is still not clearly written and consistent. If it was clear and consistent then - if someone followed the instructions to the letter - then it must work! Otherwise it is inaccurate or very, very flakey. I have installed NLB's latest 9580 and have several 2GB USB sticks and on SATA 1 250GB HD permanently attached. I also flashed with MULTIBOOT image posted in this forum that is claimed to work. But my box always says BOOTING - and hangs forever.!!!???

badeyeah

Registered
What I can say is, that I did use the setenv-hack in the beginning.(probably 2x times).I did it with a usb connected cable for a few dollars on eBay.(Forgot to buy one with drivers so it took a while searching for the driver.)My laptop has Vista and I installed Mono-2.4 (alt.M.....NET framework)I had some update-trouble with Microsoft.

Your problem is probably unpack related.Maybe you can try ext2 (witch helped somelse,.. a bit strange...or format in NLB)
Also try to download the multiboot again.

44matrix

Registered
Will give that another go - if it works after manually setting up ENVIR using SETENV commands then I will re-write a proper procedure. Test it out more than once to make sure it is repeatable before publishing the "DEFINITIVE multiboot via USB" fools guide. The ones available are all missing details.

44matrix

Registered
Forgot to tell-u I have TONS of serial cable of all description.NULL Modem all sorts. Laptops, old and New with COM port. Will do this on the next rainy day.

mario sat

Registered
think s all .
i found very bad bug wene restart CAM , receiver crach and restart . and incubus not started at boot it s default on panel